Thread: The Squish.

The Squish.

I watched a video and the Tank had like 440k HP. That's like an undergeared Tank right now... What was the point of the squish? O.o

I think health has remained pretty high but damage is significantly reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you see that?
    I'd be interested in seeing it as well, considering when scaled up to 600 I only have 240k as a tank.

Regardless, remember health pools have been doubled.
    The point of the item squish is to balance damage and healing, not just health. Based on mobs, it appears as if 20k dps will be very solid for pre-raid 100.
    That is the point.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Look at dmg for the squish not health. Health will be high dmg will not dmg was the main problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I watched a video and the Tank had like 440k HP. That's like an undergeared Tank right now... What was the point of the squish? O.o
    From what I understand HP is not getting squished as much as damage/heals. I have heard they want to remove base resilience from the game. They kept the HP ratio higher to be able to do so.
    "Old WoW was when the game was bad yet good. New WoW is when the game is good yet bad." -Destil

Nah, they doubled the health of everybody to fix healing. So health was squished, then doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Nah, they doubled the health of everybody to fix healing. So health was squished, then doubled.
    More like tripled. And this is in regard to player health only. The average same level mob at level 90 has less than 1/3 of my health.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Simple: Lower mob health so it doesn't run into the 32bit signed int cap anymore. It does that quite effectively. You can expect level 100 normal mobs to be below 100k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Look at dmg for the squish not health. Health will be high dmg will not dmg was the main problem.
    still it's a joke that the hp is that high again

I want the hp to be 100k maximum at the end of the expansion lmao.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Simple: Lower mob health so it doesn't run into the 32bit signed int cap anymore. It does that quite effectively. You can expect level 100 normal mobs to be below 100k.
    But what about player health?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    From what I understand HP is not getting squished as much as damage/heals. I have heard they want to remove base resilience from the game. They kept the HP ratio higher to be able to do so.
    That's what I heard, and that it feels awkward to do like 300k crits against a mob, yet 90k on a player. Something like that.

Deleted
    i hope they'll end up just squishing it a lot more, becuase this is just gonna be a bandaid that's gonna be required every new expansion or even patch, if the ilevel keeps increasing with 50 pr patch

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't think it's likely players will hit 2,147,483,648 HP by the end of the expansion. We were nowhere near that.

Heroic Thok 25 man though had 1.9 billion and he heals up a big chunk of health every time you finish a door, making his actual health higher than the cap. Heroic Garrosh 25 would have been way over the cap as well but instead he heals up 3 times. Bosses in WoD would have been way way over the cap and all would have had to heal up multiple times without the squish.

That is the technical problem the squish fixes. It has nothing to do with player health.
    Last edited by delk; 2014-06-30 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Never was a problem in the first place. We barely even scratched the millions in MoP, the cap is over a thousand times higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    still it's a joke that the hp is that high again

I want the hp to be 100k maximum at the end of the expansion lmao.
    To bad. What you want doesn't matter for the squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Where did you see that?
    Fatboss video on the front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydT4orIP3BQ
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Never was a problem in the first place. We barely even scratched the millions in MoP, the cap is over a thousand times higher.

To bad. What you want doesn't matter for the squish.
    k stalwart defender of blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    k stalwart defender of blizzard
    Petty insults already? Son, i am most disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are tons of open threads a quick search would bring up in both the General Discussions and Warlords General Discussions forum to discuss the squish in without opening a new thread.