Poll: Would you like to have spec adjusting gear?

Deleted

Spec adjusting gear!

As a druid i often find myself grinding gear for an offspec. As boomkin, feral, resto and bear all have specific parts that dont work optimal for other specs. At the same time, all raid gear is tuned to be on par / equal to their cloth / leather / mail / plate counter parts. Basicly a fully 559 equiped DK should do aproximately the same damage as a 559 equiped mage, leaving class imbalance out of the question.

When u do both PvE and PvP, as a druid, I actually have to get 8 sets to perform optimal. 4 for pve specs, and 4 for pvp specs. Aint that a bit much? All that grinding and gearing leaves less time to enjoy actual content. And since RNG can be a bitch, you could be forever busy getting gear for all specs.

So here´s my suggestion: A Spec adjusting gear set that changes to its alternate spec counterparts. So lets say im 580 feral geared, when i change to boomkin, the gear changes to 580ilvl boomkin gear accordingly. IMO this would solve some problems (to a certain extend):

1. Endgame grind doesnt become such a bitch.
    2. AFKing in battlegrounds wont happen as much
    3. AFKing in LFR wont happen as much.
    4. Being raid ready, thus more people raiding and more competition
    5. More time to enjoy endgame content and other stuff to do.
    6. More alternative specs and spec variation
    7. More tanks and healers overall.

What do you guys think of this? Any pro´s or cons?
    Discuss!
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-06-30 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's already coming, unless I misunderstand what you're saying, when 6.0 hits. Gear will change stats to match the spec you're in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's already coming, unless I misunderstand what you're saying, when 6.0 hits. Gear will change stats to match the spec you're in.
    Damn i should work for Blizzard then haha. Any source on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/26/bl...ds-of-draenor/
    Key part:
    As we discussed at BlizzCon, we're accomplishing this by making it so primary stats for a given piece of gear will change based on your current spec, though it's likely that only new gear added in Warlords will work like this, as it might be impossible to implement this for all existing gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Damn i should work for Blizzard then haha. Any source on this?
    It's mostly here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/134...zation_changes

But the idea is that primary stats will change if you change specs - so plate & leather & mail always have int/str int/agility instead of just a stat. I don't know if it applies to secondary stats now that I read it but you can go backwards in that blog and read all of the notes

Vanilla already had gear that would've required you to switch specs around and it was cool. Another thing that was lost over the years
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Vanilla already had gear that would've required you to switch specs around and it was cool. Another thing that was lost over the years
    That's not what he's suggesting. Also, you still have to switch specs now to use other gear (or it's just worthless overall). A frost DK isn't going to use int gear or dodge/parry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, as Dars said, it is coming to a bag near you!

Try the brand spanking new equipment, multiple designs within one tier, soonTM

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what he's suggesting. Also, you still have to switch specs now to use other gear (or it's just worthless overall). A frost DK isn't going to use int gear or dodge/parry.
    Aye.

How I understood it was,

Str, Sta, Int, Spirit, Agi -> This switches around with your specc, depending on what specc of course.

The 'green stats' (as I call them) stay the same all out.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this will apply to gems, enchants too?

I don't believe gems and enchants will have primary stats on them anymore so that should already be taken care of.

Oh, I misread it. The way I got it was like after hitting certain points with your gear (like human sword rogues obtaining Maladath in vanilla) they'd need to change their spec around to accomodate the extra weapon-skill. :x
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Most likely not. I think enchants in WoD will be more flexible (like Windsong)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    How I understood it was,

Str, Sta, Int, Spirit, Agi -> This switches around with your specc, depending on what specc of course.

The 'green stats' (as I call them) stay the same all out.
    Just a few things to add/change: Spirit is not included, that's only on jewelry and won't change with spec.

All Leather armor (gear with Armor stat) has Agility and Intellect and the currently not used primary stat is grayed out and inactive.
    All Mail armor has Agility and Intellect and same thing here.
    All Plate armor has Strength and Intellect, same thing.

Weapons, trinkets, rings and amulets are spec specific to my knowledge. I don't remember which category cloaks fall into.

No secondary stats change with spec swap, just primaries. So the gear will work, but might not be optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Like delk said, enchants and gems will be secondary stats only and won't change with spec.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i hate about this change is that most people will expect you to do the role you don't want to play. Could get people kicked from a group because they don't want to play a certain spec. Besides that i'm all in for the change!