Healer for warrior

I'm planing to do a bit more serious PvP than just capping with some random guy.

I was thinking about doing it with a resto druid. Since she also plays shaman, holy priest and holy paladin, I want to know what are the pros and cons for these specs in 2v2, 3v3 and in a rated bg (assuming equal skill).

10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally say it depends on how well he can play either of them, which one he's most comfortable with. If you've got that covered, you can go far! Unless you want to make it to the big shots. In that case, I wouldn't know.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    (My post refers only to 3v3):

Short answer: shaman.

Long answer: warrior is one of the few classes that can work with any healer *well* (and honestly, almost every comp works when going for 2k).

Shaman and rdruid are tier 1 healers: shaman is the best because of utlity, rdruid in close second because of their amount of defensives and the crazy amount of cc they provide. As a warrior, any of them is good, but a bit harder for rdruids since they have no fear breakers.

Best comps for warrior atm, along with the best healer for them, are: KFC (shaman), thundercleave (hpriest), MWD (druid, also works great with shaman), WLS (also works with druid), TSG (monk). These are the top comps, and as you can see, you can never go wrong with a rshaman: current meta game dictates that the biggest problems are the amount of cc and the proliferation of fear mechanics. Still, I still think people would prefer playing with rdruid at lower ratings, because is much easier to land cc, increasing the value of the class a lot. Also, kitty cleave isn't that powerful atm (but it still works great in some comps, like FMP).

Since you're just starting serious pvp, any healer would work, noting that:
    - TSG is the easiest comp to play (train healer and win), which works well with a hpala;
    - WLS/WMD are the strongest comps, and although rshaman pulls a bit ahead, a rdruid would still be a great pick.
    - Thundercleave is probably the most forgiving: the ele shaman can off-heal, break fears and relieve you of trap eating duty in many occasions, the burst is great, and tremor totem will win you games by itself.

But like the previous poster said, tell your friend to pick the healer he likes the most: we healers don't have the excitement of killing people in arena, since we're ccing in 99% of situations we aren't healing. so it's much easier to get bored than if we were playing a dps. That said, the fun comes when you master your specific class regardless of his value in current season (/high five to all disc priests laddering atm in non-cleave comps).

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I would personally say it depends on how well he can play either of them, which one he's most comfortable with.
    That's why I was thinking about the druid. I just wanted to know whether the druid is solid choice or not.

Thanks zoth00 for the detailed answer. But please, stop with all the acronyms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    (My post refers only to 3v3):

Short answer: shaman.

Long answer: warrior is one of the few classes that can work with any healer *well* (and honestly, almost every comp works when going for 2k).

Shaman and rdruid are tier 1 healers: shaman is the best because of utlity, rdruid in close second because of their amount of defensives and the crazy amount of cc they provide. As a warrior, any of them is good, but a bit harder for rdruids since they have no fear breakers.

Best comps for warrior atm, along with the best healer for them, are: KFC (shaman), thundercleave (hpriest), MWD (druid, also works great with shaman), WLS (also works with druid), TSG (monk). These are the top comps, and as you can see, you can never go wrong with a rshaman: current meta game dictates that the biggest problems are the amount of cc and the proliferation of fear mechanics. Still, I still think people would prefer playing with rdruid at lower ratings, because is much easier to land cc, increasing the value of the class a lot. Also, kitty cleave isn't that powerful atm (but it still works great in some comps, like FMP).

Since you're just starting serious pvp, any healer would work, noting that:
    - TSG is the easiest comp to play (train healer and win), which works well with a hpala;
    - WLS/WMD are the strongest comps, and although rshaman pulls a bit ahead, a rdruid would still be a great pick.
    - Thundercleave is probably the most forgiving: the ele shaman can off-heal, break fears and relieve you of trap eating duty in many occasions, the burst is great, and tremor totem will win you games by itself.

But like the previous poster said, tell your friend to pick the healer he likes the most: we healers don't have the excitement of killing people in arena, since we're ccing in 99% of situations we aren't healing. so it's much easier to get bored than if we were playing a dps. That said, the fun comes when you master your specific class regardless of his value in current season (/high five to all disc priests laddering atm in non-cleave comps).
    Refer to this post.

I play Shaman, Paladin, Druid and Monk as healer and I find:

I find my Shaman to be the most rewarding, as they're the strongest healer when they're baby-sat by a good player with their amazing throughput and anti-crowd control, though they're very susceptible to dying at the hands of melee cleaves. If you're learning the ropes and still trying to understand how to peel, I'd advise playing with a Druid to begin with as they can hold their own and require much less baby-sitting in comparison. Druid's have less throughput than the Shaman, but tend to make up for this by having a great arsenal of crowd control.

Paladins and Monks are also good, but noticeably weaker in comparison to the latter classes' tool-kits. They are amazingly fun though. On my Paladin, I play with my Warrior friend and if he has Hand of Freedom it's almost always game over.

I don't know personally about Priests though, but they can be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    That's why I was thinking about the druid. I just wanted to know whether the druid is solid choice or not.

Thanks zoth00 for the detailed answer. But please, stop with all the acronyms
    Not going to add anything more because zoth00's post was pretty much spot on. Short answer: Shaman, long answer: Others can work but not as well. But I will clear up some of the acronyms just in case you were really confused.

Thundercleave - Warrior, Ele Shaman, Healer
    WMD/MWD - Warrior, Mage, Rdruid
    WMS/MWS - Warrior, Mage, Rsham
    WLS - Warrior, Lock, Shaman
    WLD - Warrior, Lock Druid
    FMP - Feral, Mage Priest
    KFC (Kung-fu cleave) - Warrior, Hunter, Healer
    TSG (The Super Gosus) - Warrior, Death Knight, Healer

For 2s: Resto druid
    For 3s: Shaman all the way

Shaman KFC is one of the strongest comps in 3s with a reason. Off cc is great and you have lots of killing opportunities while still having good enough peels and amazing burst healing. The only comp that is currently stronger is LSD and LSD2, simply because there aren't alot of countercomps playing on the high end ladder for it right now.

For 2s you profit more from a druid simply due to having less need of burst healing and having more cc at your disposal. Druid symbiosis is too good to pass on in this case with the extra rootbreaker + speedboost and extra fear added, which has an added bonus of getting more choice in what the druid wants to dispel and more offensive cc. The great thing about druids is that they can easily assist kill with HotW with dampening active and with the great cc they have, it makes it alot more bearable (huehue).

The only thing more obnoxious for me in 2s is Feral/Holy, but that probably has to do with me playing Ele+Druid in 2s myself which isn't really a great comp. The comps you will be having trouble with on the high end spectrum will be WW/Healer and Hunter/Healer and in rare occasions Boomkin/Rogue. Be prepared to safe your cooldowns for dampening though, since you will need them in 2s.

I'm by no means high rated in 2s or 3s (2260 and 2750 respectively) so take my peace of advice with a grain of salt. I've heard that people are able to do well with a MW in 2s and 3s aswell, but you need more specific comps for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW/Healer
    Feral/Healer
    Hunter/Healer
    Balance/Affliction

^Scumbag compositions that can be almost impossible to beat without the help of dampening.

In 3's, it's a bit more lenient. You're fine unless you go up against Godcomp (there's a reason why it's called that), KFC (so much pressure) or LSD (these games take ages) but it's much more balanced than 2's, definitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    For 2s: Resto druid
    For 3s: Shaman all the way

Shaman KFC is one of the strongest comps in 3s with a reason. Off cc is great and you have lots of killing opportunities while still having good enough peels and amazing burst healing. The only comp that is currently stronger is LSD and LSD2, simply because there aren't alot of countercomps playing on the high end ladder for it right now.

For 2s you profit more from a druid simply due to having less need of burst healing and having more cc at your disposal. Druid symbiosis is too good to pass on in this case with the extra rootbreaker + speedboost and extra fear added, which has an added bonus of getting more choice in what the druid wants to dispel and more offensive cc. The great thing about druids is that they can easily assist kill with HotW with dampening active and with the great cc they have, it makes it alot more bearable (huehue).

The only thing more obnoxious for me in 2s is Feral/Holy, but that probably has to do with me playing Ele+Druid in 2s myself which isn't really a great comp. The comps you will be having trouble with on the high end spectrum will be WW/Healer and Hunter/Healer and in rare occasions Boomkin/Rogue. Be prepared to safe your cooldowns for dampening though, since you will need them in 2s.

I'm by no means high rated in 2s or 3s (2260 and 2750 respectively) so take my peace of advice with a grain of salt. I've heard that people are able to do well with a MW in 2s and 3s aswell, but you need more specific comps for that.
    I'd argue Godcomp > Shaman KFC. A lot of good players know how to manage KFC easily where as Godcomp is another level entirely.

In 2's I'd say it could work with any healing class.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I'd argue Godcomp > Shaman KFC. A lot of good players know how to manage KFC easily where as Godcomp is another level entirely.
    Probably a difference in ladders, since I don't seem to face them that often compared to a couple of other comps. They have high burst windows which you can play around for a bit which after they will need to go defensive again. While it's a strong comp, it's definitely possible to play around it. KFC really depends on how good the hunter is, since it becomes harder and harder to land traps even with the warriors assistance at higher ratings.

It's definitely a top 5 comp by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Probably a difference in ladders, since I don't seem to face them that often compared to a couple of other comps. They have high burst windows which you can play around for a bit which after they will need to go defensive again. While it's a strong comp, it's definitely possible to play around it. KFC really depends on how good the hunter is, since it becomes harder and harder to land traps even with the warriors assistance at higher ratings.

It's definitely a top 5 comp by any means.
    I guess it is dependent on a lot of variables.

KFC is definitely a top 5 competitive composition, and the reason as to why it's quite strong is because of the amount of offensive pressure it can put out. Since that's the case, they don't require as much defense, or baby-sitting and can thus take a Shaman for extreme throughput and utility. This is most of the reason why the Paladin was replaced in the first place and why it's so strong. If Warrior's or Hunter's didn't have the crowd control or pressure they did today I'm 100% sure they'd go back to having a Paladin healer.

Anyway, the real reason I said what I said was because great players can exploit that weakness by using your supposed advantage (the Shaman) against you, thus rendering a loss of offensive pressure. Most of which that is can turn the tide of battle out of your favour tremendously.

I just feel that Godcomp is the strongest composition this season when objectively viewing the meta. And I don't know about anybody else, but I *hate* fighting Druid's.

I play a warrior and do reasonably well in 2v2s with a Druid healer, unless we end up going against those teams that have endless chains of CC to spam on him.

holy pallys arent very good in 2s unless you are an absolutely amazing one, however shaman is amazing especially with a warrior, couple your snares with his shout to root, that and purge....Purge is sooooo op

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neflian View Post
    holy pallys arent very good in 2s unless you are an absolutely amazing one, however shaman is amazing especially with a warrior, couple your snares with his shout to root, that and purge....Purge is sooooo op
    That could also be said about Shaman, they're not as strong in 2's as they are in 3's. It really depends on how effective you are at baby-sitting them at the very least.