Why do the DK tool tips not show runic power generation?

I've been playing DK since cata and I just noticed that the tool tips no longer show how much runic power is generated by an ability (i.e. Festering Strike generates 20rp). It's pretty important to know what generates your rp and how much is generated, especially for new players to the class. Does anyone know why the tool tips were changed?

Quote Originally Posted by DamaxXIV View Post
    I've been playing DK since cata and I just noticed that the tool tips no longer show how much runic power is generated by an ability (i.e. Festering Strike generates 20rp). It's pretty important to know what generates your rp and how much is generated, especially for new players to the class. Does anyone know why the tool tips were changed?
    not entirely sure but do you have advanced tooltips enabled?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Just use the ability on a test dummy or mob one time and you'll know the answer. Also, new characters are not going to be doing math equations in their head like that. Hell I've played a DK since Wrath and I have no idea how much RP is gained. I just RP dump when I'm out of other buttons to press.

Multiply the number of runes it costs by ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    ^
    It's just 10. Back when I was a new DK I figured it out almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    not entirely sure but do you have advanced tooltips enabled?
    Death Knights don't even have beginner tooltips, even if they are enabled.

Though that's also skewed by Frost Precence for Frost dk's.
    Though overall yeah 1 rune per 10 runic

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Though that's also skewed by Frost Precence for Frost dk's.
    Multiply it by twelve.

Multiply it by twelve.
    Yeah exactly.
    Stating just multiply the rune by 10 is misleading though so it's worth also saying Frosts 12

Anyone who can read my posts can also read ability tooltips, so they should know frost presence increases runic power by 20%.

Plenty of casual DK's can read your post and tooltips as well.
    That doesn't mean they understand the runic power generation mechanics though. Or maybe not even care to look at tooltips, it's harder to think you wouldn't have someone read 'all runes generate 10 runic' and then notice they are getting 12 and not be confused.

But then again it's plasphemy to just clarify something so that what is said isn't misleading. Putting accurate information down is crazy talk.

I'm not going to give advice with the assumption that people don't know what their abilities do.

Should I clarify that frost is supposed to use frost strike as well?

It's not giving advice it's accurately stating information. So just because Frost generates more then Unholy/Blood would normally, that suddenly makes it not important to know?

For a beginner yeah you might have to. Still to this day see tons of DK's use things like Necrotic in their rotation just because it's not 100% said in game 'you use this'. It partially is with the spec panels, but not 100%