Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Kael'thas in an Alternate Universe

I'm not sure if Fan Fiction is allowed here or not. I couldn't find a forum that was specifically called Fan Fiction Forum, and thought this was the closest thing to it.

This is a story about what could have been if Kael'thas hadn't turned evil. It is not yet entirely complete, and I was hoping to get some feedback and suggestions. There is dialogue written for some of it, but other parts, it is still more of a summary. Please leave feedback if you have time and liked the story. It is 41 pages long in its Pages document on my MacBook, so it takes a while to read.

Color Key

Story Content - Black

Feedback/Response/Miscellaneous (Everything That Isn't Story) Content - Blue

Edits and Post# Containing the New Content - Red

Edit: Darn, not allowed to use the color code anymore

Scene 1
    Everything happens the same until Kael'thas is imprisoned in Dalaran. Infinite Dragonflight agents disguised as Archmage Modera and Jailor Kassan relieve the guards posted in the Violet Hold.

(Kael'thas and the Blood Elves are held prisoner in the Violet Hold)

Prince Kael'thas: "How could I have let this happen to my brethren? Locked in these cells, our thirst for magic will devour us."

Guard Marcus: "It'll all be over soon, traitor. Lord Garithos plans to execute the lot of you at dawn."

Guard Trogdar: "Sunrise can't get here fast enough. These elves give me the creeps."

Guard Marcus: "Don't worry. This prison was built by the Kirin Tor to keep their pets from getting loose. The elves' magic is useless inside those enchanted cells. Oh! It's the Archmage and Warden, Look alive!" (Both stand at attention).

"Modera": "Good evening, gentlemen. We've come to relieve you of your posts."

Guard Trogdar: "Lord Garithos said nobody gets near the Elves until he personally arrives to take them to the gallows tomorrow morning."

"Kassan": "Easy, boys. The Grand Marshal sent us down to take over for you. There's a banquet in the city up above in celebration of our recent victory over the Scourge on the front lines."

Guard Marcus: "Finally. It's been a long time since I had a decent meal, these days."

Guard Trogdar: "But, Lord Garithos said . . . Eh, (shrugs) okay."

(The Guards leave the Violet Hold and "Modera" deactivates the magical locks keeping Kael'thas imprisoned).

"Modera": "Now hurry, Prince Kael. Go before Garithos discovers our duplicity. It won't be long before those guards realize that there is no banquet and sound the alarm."

(Modera hands Kael'thas his runeblade, Felo'Melorn).

Kael'thas: "Thank you, my friends. But even if we free my brethren, there is nowhere to run. Garithos' forces outnumber us ten to one."

("Kassan" peeks out of a window at the many military personnel stationed around the city).

"Kassan": "There are too many guards outside, you'll have to escape through the Sewers."

Kael'thas: "We must free my lieutenants first. They'll be able to rally the others while I prepare the means for our escape."

("Modera" opens Rommath's prison)

Rommath: "It's good to see you alive, Modera. What are your orders, Prince Kael'thas?"

Kael'thas: "Open the rest of the prisons, we're leaving this cursed prison one way or another."

Rommath: "As you command, your majesty."

(Rommath and "Modera" keep opening prisons while Kael'thas prepares a mass water-breathing spell and "Kassan" keeps watch).

(The Blood Elves are assembled and Kael'thas finishes casting his water-breathing spell).

Kael'thas (With a slightly more gurgly voice): "All right, into the sewers, quickly!"

(Rommath leads the way and everyone slowly files out through the underwater tunnel into the Underbelly).

Kael'thas (to the two imposters): "Why are you doing this? Garithos will surely seek your heads for what you've done today."

"Kassan": "I've been around Dalaran long enough to know a competent leader when I see one, lad. Garithos will lead us all to ruin."

"Modera": "You and I are the only survivors of the Council of Six. You're a powerful Archmage. The best that the Kirin Tor has seen since Prince Nallorath. You are a born leader, in both Dalaran and Quel'thalas. Who is Garithos? Nothing but a brute with an army."

Kael'thas: "I don't know if everything you say is true, but Garithos is a threat. He is willing to throw the lives of his allies away to sate his ego."

("Kassan" comes away from the window)

"Kassan": "You have to go! Those guards are coming back, and they don't look happy!"

(Kael'thas prepares to follow the last of his people into the water, then turns back).

Kael'thas: "I am forever in your debt. I hope that I can return the favor one day."

"Modera": "Just promise that you'll return and liberate us from Garithos."

Kael'thas: "You have my word. May the Eternal Sun shine upon you."

(Kael'thas dives into the water).

Scene 2
    (The Elves break the black surface of Lordamere Lake).

Kael'thas: "There's the shore, keep going, we're nearly there."

(A woman near Kael'thas freezes in place in the water and looks down).

Kael'thas: "What is it? What's the matter?"

Woman (worried voice): "I think I felt something big brush past me!"

(Kael'thas fears that it may have been the lake frenzies that make their home in Lordamere).

Kael'thas (shouting to all the Elves): "Make haste toward the shore! Don't stop for anythi-"

(A large, scaly, webbed fin slices up through the water's surface, filling Kael'thas with dread).

Kael'thas (thinking): "Could there be such large creatures in the lake that the Kirin Tor weren't aware of?"

(Lady Vashj's face splashes up a few feet away from him).

Lady Vashj: "Greetings, Kael. I assume we're not too late."

Kael'thas (relieved): "On the contrary, Vashj. Your timing is impeccable. Many of my people are weak and weary from no rest or food since before yesterday's battle while we were imprisoned within the Violet Hold."

Lady Vashj: "No matter. We will make certain that your people get to the beach safely. You may want to warn them. I think I might have frightened that one a few moments ago. (She points at the woman who still appears shaken)."

Kael'thas (grinning): "Of course. (Shouting again) The Naga have returned! Have no fear, they mean us no harm! They are going to help us to shore!"

(The Elves are all returned to land at the bottom of a ridge overlooked by Dalaran, and Vashj comes forward to speak with Kael'thas).

Lady Vashj: "You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands . . . or choose another path . . . to freedom."

Kael'thas: "What is this other path?"

Lady Vashj: "In the ruins of the city above us stands a portal, a gateway that leads to other worlds."

Kael'thas: "Yes, I know it. (His eyes burn with anger) The lich, Kel'Thuzad, opened it to bring Archimonde here."

Lady Vashj: "Yes. My master, Illidan, awaits us on the other side of that portal! Lead your people to him, and he will help you forge a new destiny. He will sate your people's burning hunger."

Kael'thas: "We have no allies for hundreds of miles. As long as Garithos commands them, Lordaeron will hunt us to the last man, woman, and child. The Dwarves are too distant to be of any help. The nearest kingdoms are Gilneas and Stromgarde, neither of whom have any desire to help outsiders. There is no choice here, Vashj. Take us to Illidan."

Lady Vashj: "As you wish, young prince."

(The Elves and Naga arrive in the ruined section of Dalaran, alert and prepared to run or fight at any moment).

Kael'thas: "There are bodies everywhere. Human, Elf, and Scourge. The humans must have been rounding up elven citizens that were fleeing the city after they saw us being put in prison."

(All signs point toward the few unarmed elves putting up a good fight against the more numerous humans, when a horde of Scourge ambushed both).

Kael'thas: "You won't find the elves to be easy prey, Garithos. We'd better get moving before-"

(Kael'thas hears a faint wimpering to his right, beneath a great pile of wreckage at the base of a ruined tower).

Kael'thas (gesturing to a few elves): "Come help clear this rubble! Someone may be trapped beneath it!"

(A sobbing young elf child lies huddled with her head down and arms curled around her knees. Kael'thas goes down on one knee to comfort the child).

Kael'thas: "Are you alright?"

(She looks up, and Vashj pokes her head around Kael's shoulder to see what he's found. The girl quickly hides her face again).

(Capernian steps forward and places a hand gently on Vashj's shoulder).

Capernian: "Lady . . . "

(Vashj retreats from the girl's sight).

Kael'thas: "Don't be afraid. We won't hurt you, but you can't stay here."

(The child looks up at Kael'thas. He smiles at her, but her gaze drifts over to two of the dead elves, an unarmed man and a woman. Kael'thas follows her gaze, and makes the connection).

Kael'thas (thinking and seething with rage): "Garithos has much to answer for."

Kael'thas: "Come with us, we'll keep you safe."

(The girl doesn't budge.)

(Capernian steps forward).

Capernian: "What's your name?"

Girl (mumbles after a little while): "Salandria."

(Yup, the orphan from Children's Week. How else could she have ended up in Shattrath's orphanage unless it was with Kael'thas' forces?)

Kael'thas (whispering to Capernian): "She can't stay here. The Scourge or Garithos will kill her for sure."

(Kael'thas takes off his longcoat and drapes it around Salandria. He holds out a hand for her, which she takes, and leads her to Capernian).

Kael'thas: "Look after her, will you?"

Capernian: "Of course, Highness."

(Kael'thas gives the signal to continue, and they are soon nearing the portal).

(Kael'thas peers off to the North, in the direction of Garithos' main garrison. He can see soldiers bustling to and fro. Garithos has obviously discovered their absence).

Kael'thas: "Hurry, Vashj! We must get the portal working before Garithos' forces can stop us!"

Lady Vashj: "It is nearly opened, but they will be here before we can get everyone through!"

Kael'thas: "Alright, I will buy you as much time as I can. Rommath! Lead them through! Don't stop until everyone is safe on the other side!"

Rommath: "Yes, my lord!"

(Kael'thas sprints toward a fallen tower and jumps up onto it.)

Kael'thas: "Al'ar! I need your help!"

(Kael'thas summons Al'ar, who flies at great speed toward Garithos' forces, who seem to be carrying volatile explosives. They detonate easily when confronted with fire).

(One knight throws his explosives away from him before they can detonate, and charges Kael'thas. Kael'thas draws Felo'Melorn and sidesteps the charging horse before it tramples him. The knight lunges with a heavy lance for the spot that Kael'thas had just been, exposing his underarm. Kael'thas swipes up with Felo'Melorn, ending the knight as a threat).

(Al'ar is holding the suicide bombers at bay, corralling them into a big circle. Kael'thas calls down a flamestrike in the center of it, keeping the portal safe a moment longer).

Vashj: "Prince Kael'thas! The last of our forces are through! Come back to the portal!"

(With that, Al'ar flies back to his master, who leaps upon his back. Pretend that it's like the situation with Ponyta/Rapidash in Pokemon where its fire doesn't hurt its friends).

Vashj: "The portal won't last much longer! Hurry!"

Kael'thas: "Come on Al'ar! We have to go faster!"

(Al'ar goes a little faster, much more than any mortal mount, but the strain is causing him to destabilize).

Kael'thas: "We're almost there! Just a bit further!"

(Vashj goes through the portal and tells the Elves and Naga on the other side to get out of the way. The portal is getting smaller, and Al'ar is very nearly spent. A few feet from the portal, Al'ar uses the last of his energy to launch Kael'thas off of his back and through the increasingly small portal. Al'ar turns back into an egg, and Kael'thas clutches it close to his chest as he flies through the air into the portal. He finds himself amid a rocky red soil. Several elves run forward to help him up, Rommath at the front of them. Kael'thas dusts himself off, and is greeted with Vashj's scaly visage).

Vashj: "Welcome to Outland, Prince Kael'thas."

Scene 3
    Kael'thas: "Outland?"

Lady Vashj: "Yes, young prince. It is all that remains of Draenor, the former homeland of the orcish Horde."

Kael'thas: "Amazing. I remember when Khadgar led the Alliance Expedition here, years ago. He almost succeeded in wiping the orcs out for good. In an attempt to escape, Ner'zhul opened a number of massive dimensional gateways, but all they succeeded in doing was tearing their planet apart. I wonder if they still live?"

Lady Vashj: "That I do not know. Regardless, we should seek out the master quickly.

Kael'thas: "Agreed. There's no telling what could be waiting for us out there.

(They get moving. Three days pass. As they walk, Kael'thas eyes the mushroom-like trees that dot the landscape, reminding him of those in Lordaeron).

Kael'thas: "This place is unnerving. We've marched for three days and seen no signs of life. Still, I can't shake the feeling that we're not alone out here. What's that?"

(Kael'thas points to a large, flying creature in the distance, getting bigger by the moment. Illidan alights down in front of them).

Illidan: "Lady Vashj, your arrival was most timely. Something has been tracking me for weeks. I've done my best to elude them, but they are persistent."

(Illidan looks at the Blood Elves).

Illidan: "Who are they, Vashj? The young elf looks familiar, but . . . "

Kael'thas: "We are called the blood elves. We are the last mortal descendents of the Highborne who served Queen Azshara long ago. I am Prince Kael'thas, the last of the line of Sunstrider, and now the leader of my shattered people. Lady Vashj told us that you can help us with our addiction to magic. It has been in some ways even more damaging to us than the Scourge. In the wake of the Sunwell's destruction, the young and elderly were too weak to go on. Most of them are dead, and the few that remain must not be allowed to suffer the same fate."

(Kael'thas looks behind him into the crowd of elves at Salandria. Capernian is talking to her, still bundled in his longcoat. He turns back to Illidan).

Kael'thas: "Can you cure us?"

Illidan: "There is no cure, young one. But there are ways to feed the hunger. Follow me, and I will grant your people more magic than they can imagine."

Kael'thas: "You must understand that we cannot stay here indefinitely. When we have gathered our strength, we must return to our homeland and reclaim it from the Scourge."

Illidan: "So be it. I will help your people, if you help me in turn."

Kael'thas: "What would you ask of me?"

Illidan: "Many months after the Legion's defeat at the Battle of Mount Hyjal, I was visited by one of the last great demonlords--Kil'jaeden.

(Fade to vision, the one from WC3).

Kil'jaeden: Illidan, in the past you have been both friend and foe to the Burning Legion. But, by consuming the Skull of Gul'dan, you sealed our defeat in this world. I come to offer you a second chance to serve us.

Illidan: What would you have me do, great one?

Kil'jaeden: My creation, the Lich King, has betrayed me. He dared to break the pact that binds him to my will, but his spirit still lies trapped inside the Frozen Throne of Icecrown. Destroy it for me, and I will grant you your heart's desire.

Illidan: It shall be done, great one. It shall be done.

(Back to present).

Illidan: At Dalaran, I attempted to use the Eye of Sargeras to melt away the polar icecaps surrounding the Icecrown Glacier. If the spell had succeeded, the Lich King would have been vanquished forever.

Vashj: But the cursed night elves intervened.

Illidan: And the spell went awry. Given my failure, I fled to this desolate place to evade Kil'jaeden's wrath. Now, if I am to remain here in exile, we will need to ensure that Kil'jaeden's agents have been cleansed from the land. Long ago, after Draenor's explosion, a brutal Pit Lord named Magtheridon rallied the surviving orcs and took control of Outland. Since then, his forces have grown strong.

Kael'thas (thinking): "Then the Alliance Expedition wasn't as thorough as I thought."

Kael'thas: "How, Illidan? If most of the orcs were killed when this world exploded, how has he bolstered his ranks?"

Illidan: "By using the very portals that tore the planet apart. Many of Ner'zhul's dimensional gates still stand, young prince. Magtheridon lures scores of hapless demons through them daily."

Kael'thas: "Then we must seal them. Permanently."

Illidan: "Yes. We will seek out each of the gates and I will close them myself. Once they have been sealed, we will move against Magtheridon's Black Citadel, and claim its power for ourselves."

(The group begins closing portals in Netherstorm first. Kael'thas fills Illidan in on the history of Azeroth, the circumstances surrounding the Orcs' arrival on Azeroth, and their defeat here in Outland. After a few weeks, they are coming upon the southeastern peninsula of the region. Kael'thas sees a gryphon rider in the distance).

Kael'thas: "A gryphon rider! There must be Alliance Expeditionary forces nearby! Maybe they can help us?"

Illidan: "They must have intimate knowledge of the area if they've survived in this land as long as you say."

Kael'thas: "Indeed. I'll send a dragonhawk rider to announce our arrival."

(Kael'thas sends a dragonhawk rider, who begins flying to catch up with the gryphon rider).

(Kael'thas and co. come up to a great cliff. It overlooks Kirin'Var Village, a settlement started by the Kirin Tor mages that went with the Alliance Expedition).

(Archmage Vargoth, his apprentices Ravandwyr and Naberius, Morran, Luminrath, Cohlien, Belmara, and Dathric are standing at the entrance of the town, ready to greet Kael'thas).

Archmage Vargoth: "Prince Kael'thas! Welcome to Kirin'Var Village.

(Ravandwyr and Luminrath bow low to Kael'thas)

Both: "Your Majesty, it is good to see you alive and well."

Kael'thas: "Likewise." (Turns to Vargoth). "Have you been apprised of the situation in Azeroth?"

(Vargoth looks worried).

Archmage Vargoth: "Situation? What is it? What's happened? Is it the Horde?"

Kael'thas: "I dearly wish that it were, but I'm afraid that we are plagued by something much more vile than orcs. Is there somewhere that we can speak a little more privately?"

Archmage Vargoth: "Of course, come with me."

(Vargoth leads Kael'thas and a few of his advisors, along with his own fellow Archmagi, to the mage tower in which Kael'thas traps him in WoW).

Archmage Vargoth: "Now, what is this all about?"

Kael'thas: "I'll get straight to the point and explain the details afterward. Lordaeron, Quel'thalas, and Dalaran have all but been destroyed. Prince Arthas betrayed us and killed King Terenas, along with my own father, and even Archmage Antonidas."

Archmage Vargoth: "But, that would take an army of unprecedented size. Not even the Horde could do such a thing."

Kael'thas: "How much do you know about Necromancy?"

(Naberius shifts uncomfortably, but nobody notices).

Archmage Vargoth: "It's a school of magic that the Orc warlocks employed against us years ago during the Second War. What harm could a few skeletons do?"

Kael'thas: "It is far more than brittle minions that necromancers are capable of raising now. Kel'Thuzad dabbled in necromancy and was banished from Dalaran a few years ago."

Archmage Vargoth: "Kel'thuzad?! But he was an Archmage! A member of the Council of Six, no less! Surely, he'd know better than that?"

Kael'thas: "Evidently not. He has since found a new master who has taught him much. He is now an undead lich, bent on spreading an insidious plague to 'cleanse' the living from off the face of Azeroth."

Archmage Vargoth: "What is the Kirin Tor doing about all of this?"

Kael'thas: "The old order has passed away. The only surviving members of the Council of Six that I know of, are Archmage Modera, and myself. We are all that is left, along with yourselves and a few scattered remnants that have joined Garithos out of fear."

Archmage Vargoth: "Garithos? Who is that?"

Kael'thas: "He is the most influential remaining warlord in the area. He has rallied the survivors of Lordaeron, but deems anyone who is not human as . . . (Kael'thas goes to the window and looks out at his people milling about the village) . . . second class. He sent my people on suicide missions by taking away all cavalry, footmen, and support teams, all of whom happened to be humans and dwarves. He then expected us to defend Dalaran's northern flank from an army of Scourge. I was forced to accept help from more . . . questionable allies."

(Kael'thas opens a small portal in the room, out of which steps Vashj and Illidan).

Kael'thas: "I assure you, they mean no harm, and have been far more reliable than Garithos and his fawning sycophants. Anyway, when Garithos found out we'd survived, he ordered us all to be captured and executed the following morning. Needless to say, we escaped."

Archmage Vargoth: "And Modera? What does she think of all this?"

Kael'thas: "Were it not for the sacrifice of her and Kassan, the warden, we would not be here today. I pray that she is alright."

Kael'thas: "Lordaeron is no more. The leadership of Quel'thalas and the Kirin Tor has fallen to me. Garithos is a tyrant, valuing his own pride over the lives of his allies and even his own troops. He sent countless soldiers to stop us from escaping. I was forced to do everything in my power to prevent that."

Archmage Vargoth: "So, what happens now?"

Kael'thas: "I came here to ask you and yours to join us. I would also like your help in locating any other Expeditionary forces to request aid from them as well. As soon as we can, we will put all resources toward finding a way back to Azeroth. We will restore Dalaran, Quel'thalas, and Lordaeron. We will defeat the Scourge, and destroy Ner'zhul."

Archmage Vargoth: "Ner'zhul? Did he not perish when this world split apart?"

Kael'thas: "I don't know how, but he managed to survive and came to reside in Northrend. He commands the Scourge that has been sweeping throughout our homeland unchallenged and unchecked."

Archmage Vargoth: "The only option is to do everything we can to help and find a way home. We will join you, Prince Kael'thas."

Kael'thas and the rest of the magically inclined elves can feel the sparks of mana coursing all across Netherstorm. He says that the Elves should harvest some of this energy to keep their magical strength up. Rommath and Capernian are set to the task of finding a way to do so in the most efficient way possible. They propose the idea that they should make a cube to contain the mana for later use. Rommath decides that they will be called "Energon Cubes." (Please don't sue me if you own Transformers).

Scene 4

(Kael'thas and co. are nearing Allerian Stronghold.)

Archmage Vargoth: "Prince Kael'thas, Allerian Stronghold should be just over this ridge."

Kael'thas: "Thank you, Vargoth. You don't know what this means to me. My people are nearly extinct, and we must hold together in the trying times ahead."

(They approach the gates. Illidan and the naga are traveling at the rear of the column.)

(Taela Everstride (who seems to be a higher ranking Farstrider in the town) sees the massive group from afar. She alerts Auric Sunchaser. The army is obscured by the shadows from the trees).

Auric: "Halt! Who goes there?"

(Kael'thas steps out of the shade).

Auric: "Your majesty! What are you doing here?!"

Kael'thas: "I've come to lead you home, Captain. Much has happened in your absence."

(Auric waits for Kael'thas to elaborate).

Kael'thas: "Quel'Thalas . . . has fallen."

(The crowd of High Elves look very concerned and are looking at Kael'thas, hoping they heard wrong. Kael'thas walks over to a pile of crates, and steps up onto them, the better to be heard by all of the High Elves in the fort).

Kael'thas: "A shadow of death fell upon us. A mighty Scourge that bypassed our defenses with the aid of a traitor. Not even Sylvanas could halt its advance."

(The Elves are shocked by this news, and guess from his tone that she died defending their realm against this unknown threat.)

Kael'thas: "Many of our people gave their lives protecting Silvermoon and the Sunwell, but nothing could stop the armies of the Lich King."

(The loss of the Sunwell is even more shocking than Sylvanas's death.)

Kael'thas: "In the wake of our devastation, I named our people Sin'dorei. Blood Elves, in honor of our fallen brothers and sisters. And fathers."

(The Elves are speechless. Anasterian, their king? Ruler of Quel'Thalas for almost three thousand years? Dead?)

Kael'thas: "I have not come simply to tell you this. I am here to lead you all back home. We will reclaim our birthright, and stop this enemy that threatens not only us, but all life on Azeroth. We must convince our Allies to join us, and lend their full support to the cause. None of us can stand against this threat alone. I ask you . . . will you join me?"

Crowd: "Yes!"

Kael'thas: "Then prepare to move out. The day is not far off when the spires of Silvermoon will shine once again."

(Kael'thas steps down and motions for his advisors to join him from the crowd. Auric leads them to the arcane spire to speak.)

Kael'thas: "Captain Auric, where is Alleria? I expected her to be here, leading Silvermoon's forces sent to this world with the Alliance Expedition."

Auric: "Captain Alleria hasn't been seen in many years. She would often travel to Honor Hold to be with General Turalyon, who went missing himself while searching for her party."

(Kael'thas recalls rumors that Alleria and Turalyon were together and had a son at the time that they went through the Dark Portal.)

Kael'thas: "Have there been any signs as to where they've been?"

Auric: "None, sir. We've sent search parties, but none who left ever returned. Lieutenant Talthressar among them. Ever since, the leadership of the Stronghold has fallen to me"

Kael'thas: "Very well. Archmage Vargoth tells me that Honor Hold is where the rest of the Alliance Expeditionary forces are garrisoned. We must make contact with them and begin work to return to Azeroth."

Auric: "Without Alleria and Turalyon?"

Kael'thas: "We will make every effort to find them, but the Scourge grows in power by the day. We mustn't tarry in this land overlong if we want to save anything of what's left of our people and homeland."

Auric: "Yes, my King."

(Kael'thas almost corrects him, citing his decree that Anasterian would be the last King of Quel'Thalas, but decides against it. If a sense of continuity will help his people draw strength and feel more secure, then he will oblige.)

Kael'thas senses something calling out to him. He in turn reaches out to it, trying to ascertain whether it is friend or foe. An image of what appears to be a large, luminous windchime fills his mind. He feels that it bears no ill will, and asks Auric what lay to the Northwest. Auric tells him that their scouts and hunters have come into contact with a peaceful race, called the Draenei on numerous occasions. Kael'thas has a strange desire to seek out these Draenei, but does not know from where this incling comes from. He and a large company set off in the direction of this unknown entity. The group arrives in Shattrath City to find not only Draenei and these oddly calming windchime creatures, but also Khadgar.

Khadgar is surprised to see new arrivals from Azeroth, and thinks that they've come searching for the Alliance Expedition, to lead them back home. Kael'thas informs him of the situation in Azeroth, and Khadgar is aggrieved at the fall of Dalaran. Khadgar introduces Kael'thas to A'dal. Kael'thas senses great power and wisdom emanating from this being. He asks A'dal if he can help them find Alleria and Turalyon. Kael's vision is clouded for a moment, and the scenery changes from a bright, welcoming light, to an ominous, forboding blackness. Kael'thas finds himself in a dark fortress, with countless horrors behind every door, tucked into every crevice, and lurking in every shadow. He hears a woman scream. He runs toward the noise, but it keeps moving. No matter how far or fast he runs, he can't find her. He stops to catch his breath, turns around, and sees an elven woman with her back to him. He is about to call out to her, but stops himself. There is something off about this woman. She turns toward him. The first thing he notices about her is her eyes. They are not blue like most High Elves. They are a verdant, glowing, burning green. Alleria stands before him.

Kael'thas awakes from his reverie with a start. Alleria is being held in this Black Temple, and who knows what the Demons have done to her over these many years. Kael'thas asks where this place is. General Tiras'alan steps forward and informs Kael'thas of its history and current state. Kael'thas and Illidan realize that Magtheridon must rule the demons of Outland from the Black Temple.

Kael'thas gets the impression that A'dal wants to retake the Black Temple and restore it as the holy capital of the Draenei. A'dal gives them a vision of where the remaining Legion portals are. Kael'thas and the rest of the leaders concur that the Legion in the Black Temple must be defeated, and that their forces are still too few to take the fortress in a straight fight. Kael'thas orders Auric to send his fastest Gryphon Rider (because they didn't seem to have Dragonhawks at Allerian Stronghold) to Honor Hold to apprise them of the situation and ask them for help.

The group makes steady progress against the Legion across Outland, closing portals as they go. Kael'thas' forces joined by a group of Sha'tari Draenei go to Hellfire Peninsula to close the portal at the Legion base, the Throne of Kil'Jaeden, while Illidan and the Naga go to Forge Camps: Hate and Fear in Nagrand.

Kael'thas establishes Falcon Watch as their primary base. He and Rommath are discussing Energon rations for the Blood Elves when a Gryphon Rider arrives from Honor Hold bearing a message from Danath Trollbane. It says that the Sons of Lothar are currently being recalled from all assignments and expeditions in anticipation for the battle against the Legion alongside Kael'thas' forces.

Kael'thas sets Rommath and Capernian to work setting up a portal network between Honor Hold and Falcon Watch for fast travel between the two. Capernian flies to Honor Hold to complete the connection. When the portal is sustained, Kael'thas and Auric go through to Honor Hold. Kael'thas explains in detail the nature of their current mission. They must close off all Legion portals, and then rendezvous at Shattrath for the final march on the Black Temple.

They attack the Throne of Kil'jaeden and close the portal (will add fight details later).

The New Alliance returns to Shattrath with the Sons of Lothar added to their ranks.

Illidan and Vashj arrive a few days later, with Broken Draenei in their midst. The Sha'tar look upon them with pity. Illidan steps forward and introduces Kael'thas to Akama, who met him when they were in Nagrand closing the Legion portals. Akama heard of their mission to defeat the Legion and cleanse the Black Temple, and pledged himself to their cause.

General Tiras'alan thanks Akama for his offer, but says that the Broken should not be trusted, as there are many among the forces of the enemy, and as such, Akama could be a spy. Akama tells them of his history as a priest and guardian of the Black Temple in its prime as the Temple of Karabor. He knows every weakness that the Temple has to be exploited. He tells them that the orc warlocks practiced twisted magics that corrupted all they touched. They turned the Draenei unfortunate enough to be caught in their wake into the Broken, and many more into the Lost Ones. Kael'thas' vision of Alleria comes to mind, and he fears that the Legion has done something similar to her. These things drive the doubt from the Sha'tar present, and A'dal gives them all the impression that Akama can be trusted.

Akama proves instrumental in bypassing the Black Temple's defenses. Their scouts report that there are very powerful cannons that obliterate anything they fire upon. The New Alliance leaves Shattrath in force to attack the Black Temple. Illidan and the Naga enter from the Sewers and divert attention away from the front gates. With less demons around, Akama and his rogues sneak in to deactivate the outer defenses. When the cannons are destroyed, The New Alliance storms the front gates. Illidan and Kael'thas confront and defeat Magtheridon (will add details later). After Magtheridon is defeated, the Legion is thrown into disarray with no leader. They are relatively easily dispatched at this point. After the Legion is routed, A'dal arrives to lead the Sha'tar in cleansing the Temple.

Kael'thas tells his advisors and fellow commanders about his vision granted to him by A'dal. Khadgar and Danath are overjoyed to learn that Alleria and Turalyon are alive. Search parties are sent throughout the fortress to find them. Kael'thas and a few Blood Elves discover the dungeons and scour every inch for signs of the two heroes. There are corpses of orcs everywhere, evidently in gladiatorial battles. Kael'thas senses a powerful fel presence nearby, and draws Felo'Melorn. His troops draw their own weapons, and he tells them to be wary. The party proceeds with caution. They round the corner into a hallway that Kael'thas recognizes from his vision. If it was accurate, Alleria's cell should be close. There is steep ramp leading down into what appears to be a pit designed to contain a vicious beast. Kael'thas directs one of his Verdant Spheres down into it, and makes it burn brightly to illuminate the darkness. A great monster rests below, with thick chains attached to the wall that bind its wrists, ankles, and neck. It bears some semblance to an Orc, but its skin is a dark crimson, its tusks large and sharp as knives, and its size . . . no orc could be so immense. Kael'thas is fascinated by the creature, but a sharp female scream pulls him back to the present. It is the same scream he heard in his vision, and the group runs to find the source.

They come into a dark room filled with torture devices. Chained in her cell, lies Alleria. Auric frantically starts work to break her chains, but Kael'thas pulls him back. He performs a frost spell on the chain, freezing it completely. Kael'thas holds up Felo'Melorn, and fire darts across its surface like sparks of lightning. He brings it down hard on the chain, which shatters instantly from the heat and force of the blow. With the chains removed, one of Kael'thas's Spellbreakers sheaths his glaive and shield to carry Alleria.

Alleria looks pretty messed up. Imagine Valeera when she was quarantined in Ironforge to quit fel magic cold turkey in the Warcraft comic.

Alleria is drifting in and out of consciousness as they run to get back to the upper levels. She must have been tortured for years, Kael'thas thinks. (She has runic tattoos all over her like Valeera did, too, which is a sign of consuming fel energies in large amounts).

They near the pit where the Dire Orc is held captive. Kael'thas no longer senses it in the darkness. He again sends a Verdant Sphere to light the area, and finds the Orc has vanished, its chains torn from the wall. They again draw their weapons and all cast lighting spells in an effort to be better prepared for an ambush from the creature. They keep moving in the direction of the exit, when Auric catches a small noise behind them. He angles his ears, the better to hear. Something is following them. Auric alerts the group, and they light hallway behind them. The Dire Orc charges at them after being discovered. Kael'thas quickly summons up a flamestrike to keep it at bay while Alleria is taken to safety. The beast has no concern for its own safety, and continues through the fire. Kael'thas is reminded of the Dire Troll Berserkers of Zul'Aman. They were immensely powerful and couldn't be stopped by anything other than the most devastating of magics. Kael'thas orders Alleria to be taken back to the main forces above, and to call for reinforcements. He and the magisters in his company conjure up freezing spells and water elementals to keep the monster contained.

Alleria begins to stir in the Spellbreaker's arms. She looks back to see that Kael'thas and the others are struggling against the Dire Orc. She tells the Spellbreaker to put her down, and he complies at her forceful tone. One of the Spellbreakers continues up the steps to call for help. She runs back to Kael'thas and tells him that she can stop the beast if they can keep it still long enough. Her eyes burn as bright and green as Kael'thas's Verdant Spheres as she begins drawing green light from the Orc (combination of Life Drain and Mana Tap). Her tattoos and eyes glow. The Orc immediately appears exhausted, but Alleria does not cease her spell, in fact, she is now even more determined to take its power. Kael'thas tells her "That's enough!" She stops at the command. Reinforcements arrive from above and subdue the beast. It had evidently been an experiment by the Legion to empower mortal races through the act of consuming excessive amounts of demon blood (It was the boss Gurtogg Bloodboil). Alleria appears faint and Kael'thas orders for her to be carried up above to recover.

Danath and Khadgar returned to the dungeons, this time with more security. They find another cell filled with prisoners. The room is filled with elves, humans, and dwarves. Turalyon is among them. They have been tortured for years, and fed only what was necessary to keep them alive. Turalyon fears for Alleria during the brief periods that he is lucid.

The mages of the New Alliance and the Sha'tar are working on a portal to return to Azeroth. Kael'thas decides that it would be best to appear in Stormwind first, so that they can gather their strength and garner some support from the other human kingdoms.

Alleria wakes up and Kael'thas tells her that Turalyon is okay. She tells him that the Legion were forcing her to siphon fel energy for their experiments. "That explains the green eyes," Kael'thas thinks. They had captured her on her way to Honor Hold, and captured subsequent search parties attempting to find her. They had used those groups as hostages to keep her cooperative. At first, Alleria had refused to siphon fel energy, until they threatened to torture people. Many had been tortured anyway, but were kept alive as long as Alleria didn't cause any trouble. Talthressar, Alleria's second-in-command, who was captured while looking for her, was killed from the torture. Turalyon and the remaining prisoners would make a full recovery with healing from the Naaru and Sha'tar priests.

Alleria was too scarred from the years of consuming fel magic, but Illidan was able to remove the extreme corruption, in fact, she looked almost like her old self, with the only exception being her eyes. Illidan was already demonic in appearance, and at Kael'thas request, agreed to take her corruption upon himself, as it wouldn't make much of a difference compared to his current state anyway.

After a few weeks in Karabor, the New Alliance has finally gathered all of their people, supplies, and resources to assemble for transport to Azeroth. The portal is nearly ready. Kael'thas, Illidan, Vashj, Rommath, Capernian, Khadgar, Voren'thal, and many others' tireless efforts have finally paid off and the portal can be sustained long enough for the New Alliance to return to Azeroth. Kael'thas thanks A'dal for his assistance, as the portal would not have been possible without the mana harvesting techniques of the Naaru. The energies they gathered were enough to power the portal to the Blasted Lands.

The easiest location to enter Azeroth was the original location of the Dark Portal, as the rift already existed, they simply needed to open it a little further to get through. A'dal leaves Kael'thas and co. with a final gift. He sends another Naaru, M'uru, to join the New Alliance and assist them with their fight against the Scourge in Lordaeron. General Tiras'alan volunteers to lead a small squad of Vindicators to protect M'uru and assist the New Alliance.

The Draenei are cleansing Karabor, and it looks as if it will soon be full of light as it once was. Akama continues to be a guardian of the Temple as he was before the Orcs invaded.

The night before the journey through the portal, Illidan is plagued with nightmares. He rarely sleeps, but creating the portal had taken its toll on him. Kil'jaeden appears to him in a dream.

(Warcraft 3: TFT scene altered for this story)

Kil'jaeden: "Foolish little mongrel. You failed to destroy the Frozen Throne as I commanded. And still you thought to hide from me in this forsaken backwater! I thought you to be more cunning, Illidan."

Illidan Stormrage: "Kil'jaeden! I was merely set back. I was merely attempting to bolster my forces. The Lich King will be destroyed, I promise you!"

Kil'jaeden: "Indeed?"

Kil'jaeden: "Still, these allies you've gathered show some promise. I will give you one last chance, Illidan. Destroy the Frozen Throne, or face my eternal wrath!"

Illidan Stormrage: "Of course, great one. It shall be done."

The New Alliance returns to Azeroth through the Dark Portal (with Illidan, Vashj, and the Naga as well.)

Kael'thas and Turalyon lead the way to Nethergarde Keep, which is maintained by Kirin Tor forces. The New Alliance informs them that they have nothing to worry about on the other side of the Dark Portal, and many of their forces join Kael'thas, Khadgar, and Turalyon on their Journey to Stormwind. The New Alliance arrives in Stormwind during the riot of the Stonemasons. The extra manpower is enough to quell the people for the time being. (Their timely interference stopped Queen Tiffin from being killed by a thrown rock.). They are appraised of the situation with the dispute in paying the Stonemasons guild for rebuilding Stormwind. They help to reassure them that they will be paid, and Kael'thas and Khadgar's magical senses make them suspicious of Lady Katrana Prestor (Onyxia), but they can't investigate further for the time being. Stormwind joins the New Alliance with Turalyon's urging. (Red has changed, see post #18)

The New Alliance travels north to Ironforge, and meets with Magni Bronzebeard, who is eager to avenge the death of Muradin at the hands of Arthas. The Wildhammer and Bronzebeard dwarves from the Alliance Expedition help Kael'thas and Turalyon convince Magni to grant them military support for their planned war against the Scourge in Lordaeron. (Red has changed, see post #22)

The New Alliance sends envoys to Kul Tiras to ask for aid in Lordaeron, specifically, for boats to get to Lordaeron, so that they do not have to pass through the Searing Gorge or Burning Steppes, possibly fighting the Dark Iron dwarves or Blackrock Orcs. Admiral Daelin Proudmoore is concerned for Jaina, not knowing that she has gone to Kalimdor, and pledges Kul Tiras to The New Alliance. (Red has changed, see post #26)

With Kul Tiras' navy, The New Alliance is able to reach Lordaeron without much incident. The New Alliance makes landfall in Southshore, as it has been largely untouched by the Scourge at that point. The meeting between the various high ranking members of the Silver Hand is taking place as they arrive. Tirion, Alexandros, and Highlord Saidan Dathrohan among others are discussing how best to combat the Scourge.
    (Red has changed, see posts #33 and 34)

Being so close to Stromgarde, Danath takes the Alliance Expedition forces who came from Stromgarde to return to their homes. Many of the old veterans who were getting too frail to fight a hard war stayed in the kingdom permanently. Danath, after reuniting with his uncle, King Thoras Trollbane, appeals to him for fresh military aid for the New Alliance. The Wildhammers from the Expedition under Kurdran Wildhammer return to Aerie Peak, as they are also very close to Southshore. The Wildhammers provide gryphon riders (the expedition ones are probably old) for the New Alliance. Southshore is the New Alliance's primary base, with continued aid in personnel and supplies from other kingdoms being sent to Stromgarde for safekeeping to support Southshore. (Red has changed, see posts #38 and #39)

Factions and their leaders in the New Alliance

1. Sunfury (Kael'thas)

2. Illidari (Illidan, Lady Vashj)

3. Stormwind (Turalyon)

4. Ironforge (Kurdran)

5. Nethergarde (Khadgar)

6. Stromgarde (Danath)

7. Aerie Peak (Kurdran)

8. Silver Hand (Alexandros)

9. Sha'tar Escort (M'uru)

Gilneas is behind the Greymane wall, but the New Alliance wants to try and gain them as an ally anyway. Kael'thas sends a message to Greymane Manor via phoenix (gonna have it work similar to the patronus messages in Harry Potter), and makes contact. Genn is adamant that Gilneas will be safe behind the wall, and does not need to spend its own resources helping the outside world. The news of the return of Turalyon and the rest of the Alliance expedition intrigues Genn, but he does not budge. Kael'thas tells him of what happened to Quel'thalas, not to mention Lordaeron, and says that if they could fall, Gilneas would be child's play before long. Genn doesn't listen until the Scourge come very close to beating down the wall. Instead of instructing Arugal to unleash the Worgen upon the Scourge like he did in WoW, he has his magi attempt to contact Kael'thas. Eventually, Genn "opens the doors" (heehee) to re-joining the Alliance.

10. Gilneas (Genn)

Khadgar and Kael'thas, along with the most skilled mages in the New Alliance reach out telepathically to any members of the Kirin Tor still living in Dalaran and working with Garithos. Initially, Kael'thas attempts to find Jaina, (because he had a crush on her, but walked in on she and Arthas kissing in an alley and was sad/mad.) Unbeknownst to Kael'thas, Jaina is in Kalimdor, and too far away for Kael'thas to sense her. He thinks she is dead, and hates Arthas and the Scourge all the more for it.

While trying to reach these people, Khadgar inquires about any help to be found in Quel'thalas. Kael'thas mentions Lor'themar and Halduron holding things together while he was away helping Garithos, and now the New Alliance. After a long time of searching, the two find Modera, who they can feel is very weak. Kael'thas fears the worst, as Garithos must have found out about how "she" helped him and his people escape.

For the first time, the New Alliance sends a few small scouting forces to various places across Lordaeron. One to Capital City, another to the Ruins of Dalaran, and a third to Andorhal. The one from Capital City finds it completely swamped with undead. Dalaran fares little better. Garithos and the Alliance of Lordaeron are beset by conflict on all sides, with the Scourge getting closer and closer to annihaliting them each day. Andorhal continues to serve as a major hub of activity for the Scourge. A lich by the name of Araj the Summoner oversees their efforts to keep churning out plagued grain to be planted in unsuspecting communities by disguised cultists.

The leaders decide that Andorhal would be the best target to strike first, to cut off the flow of undead before destroying the rest. They take it (will add details later). They then go on to Dalaran, where they find the Scourge preparing to attack in full force. Recalling how ineffective the Farstriders of Quel'thalas were in defending it from the Scourge, Kael'thas, Khadgar, and their best mages rain fire down on the undead. (They figure fire would be better, since the undead don't feel pain, and arrows aren't gonna do much, as they have to be cut apart or otherwise destroyed, like burning with fire.)

Kael'thas summons a phoenix that flies through undead, burning them as it goes. Khadgar summons a water elemental that pulls water from Lordamere Lake to make itself larger and it smashes a bunch of undead too. Mograine leads the Knights of the Silver Hand in using the Light to kill the Scourge. Turalyon and the non-magic forces of Stormwind, Stromgarde, and Ironforge serve to protect the spellcasters as they rain fire on the enemy. Gilneas does that too. The Ironforge dwarves and their gnome allies pilot steam tanks to plow through Scourge and especially to ram into big things like abominations. Wildhammer Dwarves, Dragonhawk riders, and gnomes in flying machines (like in Warcraft 3, or the scouting planes in Warcraft 2, but with bullets) are flying around, preventing gargoyles and frost wyrms from raining death upon the ground forces. Garithos' forces are holed up in the city, but see that there are reinforcements. He orders his troops to open the gates and press the attack.

After the battle, the New Alliance settles into the city, assisting in reconstruction. Kael'thas wants to know what happened to Modera, and Garithos (still doesn't like Kael but sees that he is supported by the other leaders of the Alliance) shows him to her. She had been tortured for information regarding his escape, but wouldn't tell Garithos anything. (But, really she wasn't the one who did it, it was infinite dragonflight disguised as her). Kael'thas is angry at Garithos. Modera doesn't remember helping Kael'thas, and he thinks that she must have lost her memory from being tortured, she thinks this is true too. Kael'thas doesn't like Garithos even more, but knows that now is not the time for their personal problems. The Alliance decides that Garithos' behavior is too rash and negligent of his allies. They aren't going to kill him or put him in jail just yet, but they have stripped him of his command. Saidan Dathrohan replaces Garithos as commander of the Alliance of Lordaeron, now annexed into the New Alliance. The Kirin Tor regain control of the city after Garithos' replacement, and Khadgar replaces Antonidas as their leader.

Garithos is stirring up trouble, making people fearful of the Naga, and by association, the Blood Elves who brought them into the fold, saying they are vile and just as monstrous as the Scourge. Garithos gathers many who believe as he does that the Alliance should work solely to preserve humanity, and shouldn't be led by an elf (though it is has no single leader, but it seems to be Kael'thas since he is the one putting it together, I'm building him up to being the leader, but at this point, he doesn't really want to be in charge, kind of like Jarod Shadowsong in the War of the Ancients and Mount Hyjal quests).

Rhonin and Vereesa arrive in Dalaran, hearing about how Garithos has been removed from power. They fled because Garithos was rounding up all of the elves when Kael'thas accepted help from the naga. Garithos and his rebels are meeting in the Underbelly. His agents are trying to make people desert the New Alliance and join him. They plan to split off when a safe opportunity presents itself and they have sufficient numbers. They want to take back leadership of the Alliance in the area, as Garithos is the highest ranking government official of the Kingdom of Lordaeron (High ranking Silver Hand members don't count, since it is a private organization with operations in all human kingdoms).

He makes contact with the Syndicate, but Aliden Perenolde is trying to stay in the Alliance's good graces (he wore a Stormwind Tabard when he was in the game, so I assume he was at least trying to get Alterac into the Alliance, but the mission of "Get all the orcs back into internment camps" was too ambitious and they didn't want anything to do with him, kind of like the Scarlet Crusade, who counted the Alliance as allies, but they distanced themselves from them, but tolerated them since they were at least getting results).

Garithos and his loyalists' mutterings cause rumors to arise among the people: "Who will lead Lordaeron when this is all over?" Many look to Turalyon, since he is a citizen of Lordaeron, Leader of the Sons of Lothar, and never wanted to lead (and people say those who don't want to lead are best suited for it). They are also suspicious of him since he married an elf, though this prejudice is slowly going away as people see and learn more about Kael'thas. Someone mentions Arthas' sister, Calia, but nobody knows where she is, if she still lives at all.

The Scourge has been laying low the past few weeks, which gives the New Alliance time to regroup and restore Dalaran to its former glory. They have been taking in survivors for days, thoroughly checking for traces of necromancy or symptoms of the plague. Kael'thas knows that what they are doing is the right thing, but feels guilty that he hasn't returned to Quel'thalas yet. He wants to save his people before they're all dead. In Lordaeron's case, most of the citizenry are dead and the survivors are already safe in the New Alliance. Alleria is very shaken by the state of the land, noting how even the Orc's rampage would have been preferable. Vereesa and Alleria are reunited and mourn for Sylvanus. They believe her dead and do not know that she is under the Scourge's control. Alleria meets Rhonin, and Vereesa meets Turalyon.

Kalecgos, Tyrigosa, and Anveena arrive in Dalaran seeking someone powerful enough to remove the collars put on them by Dar'Khan Drathir. Upon hearing of Dar'Khan Drathir, Kael'thas remembers Lor'themar telling him of how he betrayed Quel'Thalas to the Scourge, and how their defenses would have held were it not for Dar'Khan's treachery. Kael'thas removes the collars and senses great power around Anveena. He feels that he knows her, but that can't be, since she has lived in Hillsbrad all her life. Kalecgos tells Kael'thas about how Dar'Khan was seeking the source of the Sunwell's power. When Kael'thas learns that Kalecgos is a blue dragon, he and the elves bow to him because the blue dragons are all about magic like them but way more, just like in the comic. Raac is with them and also feels familiar to Kael'thas.

When around Anveena, the elves feel invigorated. Kael'thas learns that Dar'Khan is coordinating the Scourge's efforts in Quel'thalas from a fortress constructed at the end of Greenwood pass. Lor'themar and the remainder of his people would not last long against such an organized enemy, since they were still reeling from the pangs of their magical addiction, and thus less capable of defending themselves. Kael'thas decides to lead his people to retake Quel'thalas with help from the New Alliance.

Since they can't mount a fresh offensive after trudging through the Plaguelands, they must find a way to avoid them. Tandred Proudmoore, who leads the Kul Tiras navy of the New Alliance suggests travel by sea. Kael'thas tells them of the Frost Wyrms, which are very powerful and would make sea travel around Scourge-infested lands very dangerous. Everyone present is aware of how easily the Kul Tiras navy was destroyed by red dragons under the control of the Orcish Horde during the Second War, and this is enough to force them to find another way. Khadgar tells them of efforts made recently to raise Dalaran from the earth and into the sky. This would be a much faster method of travel, and more easily defended from flying Scourge units. The Kirin Tor and Sunfury mages work to achieve this.

The New Alliance at this point is too large to fit in Dalaran. Danath suggests the forces split in half, one going to Quel'thalas, another continuing to battle the Scourge in Lordaeron. Turalyon and Danath lead the Lordaeron portion to establish a stronghold in the Eastern Plaguelands. They plan to reinforce the holy city of Tyr's Hand. They travel by sea from Southshore to Tyr's Hand beneath the Thandol Span and around to the eastern side of Lordaeron.

Kael'thas and Khadgar lead the Kirin Tor and Sunfury, along with soldiers from the rest of the territories of the New Alliance and begin their journey from Lordamere Lake to Quel'thalas. As expected, Frost Wyrms, gargoyles, and obsidian obelisks assail the city from the air. Dragonhawk riders, gryphon riders, and Kalecgos take to the air to repel the attackers. The Kirin Tor also fire spells from their towers at the enemy. After a few days, they arrive at Quel'thalas. Kael'thas sends Al'ar to Lor'themar to tell him that help is on the way. Lor'themar and his elves are currently holding out on Sunstrider Isle.

Kael'thas and Khadgar concur that the runestones along the Elrendar river should be re-activated to ward their southern flank and make it more defensible. Illidan volunteers to lead this mission, eager for an opportunity to escape the suspicious gazes of the humans. (The elves, at least, understand that he is trying to help them and is a trusted friend of Kael'thas, but the humans only see a demon, and many thought he was a Dreadlord at first.) He begins work to pump arcane power from mana crystals gathered in Dalaran to re-activate them. He recieves a visit from a large image of Kil'jaeden. He is told that the Lich King is losing power from a fracture in the Frozen Throne caused by his efforts in the Tomb of Sargeras. Kil'jaeden tells him to act soon, or his opportunity will be lost, and he will suffer for it. Illidan swears that the Scourge will be undone as Kil'jaeden departs. The naga that accompanied him distract the elven mages and human warriors that also came with so they don't notice Illidan's odd behavior, since he's the only one that can see Kil'jaeden's image, and they know not to question their master.

Dalaran touches down on the edge of Sunstrider Isle, where Lor'themar's forces are stuck fighting off Scourge to protect the civilians holed up in the palace of the island. The New Alliance forces take over the fight and drive them back. Kael'thas meets with Lor'themar and tells him that the time has come to retake Quel'thalas. He tells him of the New Alliance and how Garithos is no longer in control. Kael'thas names Lor'themar the new Ranger-General of Silvermoon, and Rommath as Grand Magister. Halduron is still Lor'themar's second-in-command as Lor'themar was for Sylvanus. Halduron, Alleria, and Auric are Ranger-Captains in the Farstrider Corps. (I'm pretty sure that Ranger-Captain is a very high position, if not, just pretend that it is second to Ranger-General, but Halduron is the highest ranking of the three).

Anveena feels very safe and at home in Quel'thalas, and Kalecgos chooses to remain with her. Tyrigosa leaves to return to the Nexus and tell Malygos of Kalec's decision. Kael'thas visits his father's memorial on the island. Kael'thas is sad because his father's soul is locked away inside of Frostmourne. He unsheathes Felo'Melorn and dedicates himself to righting the wrongs caused by Arthas and the Scourge.

After establishing the island as their primary base for the offensive to retake Silvermoon, the host moves inland. Kael'thas is wracked with grief over the state of the Wretched that they encounter in the ruins of Silvermoon. Lor'themar tells him that they succumbed to their addiction and took too much mana at once. Kael'thas orders that they be captured, not killed, and intends to find a cure for their Wretched state.

Kael'thas gets a feeling that he should bring the Wretched to M'uru in Dalaran (M'uru has set up shop in the big room in the Violet Citadel, in the air above where Rhonin stands in WoW). As Kael'thas enters the Violet Citadel with one of the Wretched in tow, flanked by two Spell-Breaker guards, he is overcome with a feeling of love and peace that can only come from the Naaru. Kael'thas receives thoughts not his own that he should put the Wretched before Mu'ru. The Wretched squirms against his captors and looks upon Mu'ru not as a perfect being of light and love, but as a source of magic to feed upon. A violet light goes from Mu'ru to the Wretched and the mana infections start receding. His hair starts rapidly growing back where it fell out, his posture straightens, his eyes return to their original blue from their gaunt emptiness. Last of all, his skin goes from its sickly pale color back to its former healthy state. The former Wretched collapses from exhaustion, and Khadgar waves two guards to take him to a room for rest. Kael'thas is overcome with joy and gratitude to Mu'ru. He goes on one knee and says that he is forever in the Naaru's debt. M'uru gives Kael the impression that he should bring the other Wretched to be cured as well. After all of this, Kael and the rest of the Blood Elves show a reverence to the Naaru unlike any they ever showed to the Light before.

Kael'thas returns to the battle below and Lor'themar reports that they have secured Falconwing Square and that Rommath has begun preparations to restore the Arcane Golems that have been malfunctioning or rendered otherwise inert. Dalaran and Blood Elf builders help construct proper defenses for the ruined section of the city. The old Farstrider headquarters is restored as is the rest of that half of the city. Lor'themar sends scouting forces out of the city to survey the damage and scope of the Scourge's influence. The other half of the city is largely untouched, as Arthas' forces mainly went straight to the Sunwell with little or no detours.

The city is mercifully empty of Scourge, populated only by wretched. Thaelis the Hungerer is a Wretched who appears to be the leader of them. He says that he rules Silvermoon now, and spreads lies that Kael'thas is going to torture the captured Wretched, and that death is preferable. Many Wretched believe him and kill themselves when they're subdued, so as to avoid the torture. Kael'thas is angry at Thaelis for killing even more of his people, Wretched or not. Kael'thas freezes Thaelis in a block of ice, and has him thrown into the Violet Hold to starve for magic to punish him for his crimes. The other Wretched were just afraid and starving and thought that Thaelis would help them feed their addictions, so they are spared and cured. The city is once again under the control of Kael'thas and the Blood Elves.

Kael'thas walks alone throughout the city. It is so dark and quiet. As Kael'thas walks through the gate toward Farstrider Square, he sees the golden statue of a tall, female elf. He knows her more than anyone. She is his mother, the former Queen. It is customary for statues of the current king and queen to be erected throughout Silvermoon, the Sunwell's Sanctuary, and the Magister's Terrace. The statues are only replaced when a new king or queen is crowned. None remained of his father, most reduced to rubble during the Scourge's attack. With the city being restored, Rommath has artisans begin work on the designs for Kael'thas' own statues. The city was truly coming closer and closer to the shining jewel it once was.

Kael'thas returns alone to his lifelong home of the Royal Palace. He recalls memories of his early life, before joining the Kirin Tor. He remembers living in the Palace with his family. His brother, Prince Nallorath, who served on the Kirin Tor before him, died when he was a child. His father had told him that he was injured when a magical experiment went wrong, and didn't recover. When he was old enough to handle it, he learned that his brother was really killed by demons during the course of his duties as a member of the Order of Tirisfal. Another brother, Eldin Sunstrider, was killed during the Scourge invasion alongside his father. Kael'thas has been wondering if he could have done something to stop Arthas and perhaps prevent the corruption of the Sunwell. He realizes that there was nothing to be done, and the burden is lifted from his shoulders.

He remembers another relative, a cousin. Kath'ranis Remar was a member of the Remar dynasty, which was descended from Dath'Remar's second son. Kath'ranis was always a slacker. He never paid attention to his studies, and frequently sought quick solutions or ways to cheat on his tests. His command of the arcane was never as sophisticated or powerful as Kael'thas' as a result. He had always coveted the throne that Kael'thas was told he would one day inherit, and often tried to put Kael down for it. Unfortunately, Kath'ranis went missing shortly after the Second War near Zul'Aman. Search parties had been sent after him and looked for months, but he was never found. Kael'thas and his closest advisors settle into the Palace, and it appears that Quel'thalas will soon be a powerful nation again. Kael'thas grants Illidan a place in the Palace, and Vashj and the naga the use of the seas around Quel'thalas.

Illidan asks to speak with Kael'thas privately. He thinks about telling Kael'thas about Kil'jaeden's orders, but decides against it, as Kael'thas has become very close to the Naaru and might turn on him if he learns that he is taking orders from Kil'jaeden (but he really doesn't want to, he's only doing it because Kil'jaeden is going to kill him if he refuses). Illidan decides that it would be better to give Kael'thas the power to speed up his campaign so that he will be able to defeat the Lich King sooner. Illidan presents Kael'thas with two vials of water from the original Well of Eternity. Kael'thas is in awe of the power contained within the tiny vials of pure arcane magic. Illidan says that the Sunwell was made with one vial of the water, which allowed Dath'Remar to create the shining kingdom of Quel'thalas, and to imagine what he could create with two vials. He could be the greatest king that Azeroth had ever seen, and build a kingdom far grander than even that of Azshara and his ancestors, the Highborne.

Illidan gives the vials to Kael'thas, and tells him to use their power to defeat the Scourge. Kael'thas takes them, but decided against using them right away. He cites his people's addiction to the arcane as his reason, and says that he will use them, but not until he is sure that his people won't become addicted to the magical energies again. The vials get Kael'thas thinking. Illidan told him to use the vials to give himself the power to end this war, but he has learned that power comes with a price. Illidan did what he believed to be right by consuming the skull of Gul'dan, thus, saving his people, but also being banished by them in the process. He decides that the Sunwell should be reignited, and it's power used by all of his people once again.

He meets with Khadgar and the newly recovered Modera, along with his own advisors and commanders. He plans to take back the Isle of Quel'Danas and reignite the Sunwell. He is still afraid that his people will again be addicted to arcane magic, but comes up with a plan to cure them. He takes the vials to Mu'ru, and asks him (it?) if he can alter their energies in any way as to make them less addicting. Kael'thas gets the impression that he should wait and the answers will come, but that they should retake the island and Plateau in the meantime. Kael'thas and his advisors speak in the Sunfury Spire.

Quel'thalas Team forces and commanders

Quel'thalas - Kael'thas

Farstriders - Lor'themar

Spell Breakers/Blood Knights (They're good enough to use the Light like normal paladins, but rename themselves as an organization like Kael'thas renamed the High Elves in honor of the 90% killed by the Scourge.) - Lor'themar/Lady Liadrin

Magisters - Rommath

Dalaran - Khadgar

Kirin Tor - Modera, Aethas Sunreaver, Rhonin

Sha'tar Escort - M'uru, General Tiras'alan

Auric says that his rangers have reported increased Scourge activity up and down the Dead Scar. The undead have appeared restless as if preparing for a large operation. Alleria says that the Scourge hasn't ventured out of the Dead Scar since they regained control of Silvermoon. Kael'thas sees through his phoenix that the Scourge is amassing in Deatholme from all over Quel'thalas. Kalecgos suspects that it may have something to do with Dar'Khan and his quest to harness the powers of the Sunwell for the Scourge. Illidan is getting antsy. If the Lich King isn't destroyed soon, Kil'jaeden will certainly punish him accordingly. He volunteers himself and his demon hunters for dangerous missions in an effort to speed up the fight against the Scourge. Kael'thas has adopted Salandria into House Sunstrider as his daughter, making her a Princess of Quel'Thalas.

The city has been completely reclaimed and restored. They can begin sending troops out to assess the damage of the outlying Sanctums, villages, and Harbor. Lor'themar advises Kael'thas to establish a forward outpost at Fairbreeze Village and the East Sanctum. The Energon supplies from Outland are nearly spent. They must get the Sanctums up and running again if they are to keep their strength up. Kael'thas gives the order for Lor'themar and Alleria to take a company of Farstriders, Magisters, Spellbreakers, and Blood Knights to Fairbreeze village and form a stronghold from which to control the Dead Scar's path between the mountains.

Kael'thas sends a messenger to Tyr's hand to tell General Turalyon that Silvermoon has been reclaimed, and that with any luck, they will rejoin the fight in Lordaeron within a few weeks. The North, West, and East Sanctums have been repaired, and now the Blood Elves can draw from the now accessible Ley Lines to supplement their Energon rations. Fairbreeze Stronghold now has complete control over the opening between the mountains toward Silvermoon.

Kael'thas asks that Illidan check up on the progress in the Dead Scar. Illidan tells Kael'thas that he and his followers yearn for battle. Kael'thas says that they are more than welcome to join the battle on the front lines against the Scourge. Illidan leads his Demon Hunters south to rendezvous with Lor'themar. They single-handedly clean out the Dead Scar of Scourge from the divide between the City to Fairbreeze Stronghold.

Lor'themar and Alleria are in awe of the power and grace of the Demon Hunters. Alleria secretly desires to wield the same power and taste what she did in the Black Temple. Illidan returns to the Royal Palace and reports that Fairbreeze Stronghold is fulfilling its purpose, preventing any Scourge from progressing far beyond the Runestones' scope of influence.

Auric bursts into the throne room looking very shaken. Kael'thas asks what is the matter. Auric says that the Scourge are now overflowing from within Deatholme, and that they should probably expect an attack any day now. Kael'thas orders that Fairbreeze Stronghold and the City be reinforced as a protective measure.

That same moment, Lor'themar is in his office at Fairbreeze Stronghold, poring over reports from all fronts of the New Alliance. One mentions a great, flying fortress, obviously controlled by the Scourge, called Naxxramas, that was sighted flying north. A platinum-haired Blood Knight knocks curtly on the door. Lor'themar bids him enter. The Blood Knight says that the Scourge have been sighted, and that it appears to be a very organized assault consisting of any and all undead imaginable. Lor'themar sprints out of the building, closely followed by the Blood Knight. He sees the great army, and is reminded of their first charge a year ago. He begins shouting orders to prepare for battle, and that a runner be sent to Silvermoon to notify them that the Scourge has begun its assault. The Blood Knight runs off and begins relaying his command to all forces throughout the Stronghold.

The Scourge has reached the Stronghold, but the Elves are prepared. Magisters coordinate their efforts and shoot large pyroblasts at abominations, while Farstriders, Spellbreakers, and Blood Knights keep the lesser Scourge from getting to the spellcasters. Lor'themar grins as his strategy seems to have been successful. He suggested that Fairbreeze be the location of their primary defensive base against the Scourge, because it would be a choke point between the two mountains, and the Scourge would be unable to survive passing through the Scorched Grove, and the route through Tor'Watha would be a far longer detour. Lor'themar sees what he believes could be the Scourge's commander. Mirdoran the Fallen is the one leading the Scourge against Fairbreeze. Lor'themar wonders why Dar'Khan is not leading this assault himself. The battle goes on for hours, but there seems to be no end to the undead onslaught.

Kael'thas and Auric are preparing to send more troops to Fairbreeze with the order that all forces should retreat if the Scourge begins to break through the blockade. One of the royal guards leads a battered ranger into the room. He bows to Kael'thas, tells him that Fairbreeze is under attack, and that the Ranger-General requests additional reinforcements. Kael'thas orders Ranger-Lord Hawkspear to lead another large contingent of warriors and Magisters to Fairbreeze to assist Ranger-General Lor'themar Theron in its defense. Kael'thas feels a bit uneasy about this. Why would the Scourge attack if they knew they could not win? Rommath assures Kael'thas that they have simply outwitted and outmanned the Scourge. Kael'thas steps out onto the balcony and looks out in the direction of Fairbreeze. He can faintly see its outline on the horizon, and the flames conjured by the Magisters. Everything seems to be running smoothly, almost too smoothly.

Lor'themar is firing arrows into the throats of the simpering cultists from the walls of the Stronghold. They are vulnerable targets to the Farstriders, as they are not undead. Killing them turns them into mindless ghouls, a far easier enemy and much less dangerous if they were to escape. His face drops as he sees what has just arrived. Frost Wyrms are exhaling their icy breath onto his teams keeping the Scourge from overwhelming his Magisters. He commands the melee fighters to keep coming from the Stronghold to keep the Magisters safe, and for the Magisters to concentrate all efforts on bringing the Frost Wyrms down.

Rommath's assurances are not enough to put Kael'thas' worries to rest, so he sends Al'ar to Fairbreeze to survey the battle. He sees that there are Frost Wyrms and orders Rommath to send more dragonhawk riders to neutralize its magic. Kalecgos tells Kael'thas that they wouldn't stand a chance against the Frost Wyrm and offers himself instead. Kael'thas asks if he's sure, and Kalecgos says that he will do all in his power to protect Anveena's new home. Kael'thas nods, and Kalecgos sprints to the balcony, jumps off, and transforms into his dragon form in midair. He sets off for Fairbreeze.

Lor'themar's forces are taking heavy casualties when Hawkspear arrives with his reinforcements. They are enough to hold back the Scourge a bit longer. The Frost Wyrm continues to shoot icy blasts down onto the Elves, stopping only to swat ambitious dragonhawk riders away from its airspace. Lor'themar looks up at it, and it appears to look down at him. It roars loudly, and begins speeding toward him. Its claws are just about to clench around him when a crackling blue fire envelopes it. Kalecgos is now doing battle with his undead counterpart.

Kalecgos defeats the Frost Wyrm, unfortunately, it falls into the tower that the Magisters and Farstriders were directing their ranged attacks from. Most of them got out, but the tower is now reduced to rubble. Now the elves are in a bit of a chaotic situation. The Scourge has an easier time against their melee units, and Lor'themar is still trying to organize the Magisters to continue their assault from another vantage point. Around half of Silvermoon's army is now fighting at Fairbreeze, trying to hold back the Scourge. Dalaran remains floating above the Western half of Silvermoon, preparing to join the battle at Fairbreeze.

Kael'thas gets the feeling that he should go to see M'uru at once. He and his royal guards have taken a portal to Sunstrider Sanctuary (WoW's Sunreaver Sanctuary) and make their way to the Violet Citadel. Kael'thas bows to M'uru, his guards follow suit. Khadgar tells Kael'thas that his battle-mages are on their way to Fairbreeze, and Kael'thas thanks him for the assistance. M'uru's song fills Kael'thas' mind, and Kael'thas receives another vision. He sees a large, floating city. At first, he thinks that it is Dalaran. As it comes into focus, he realizes that it could not be. The city is more of a fortress, obviously of Scourge design, and cascading their horrible plague out of large, ornamental skulls. The vision moves to the ground. He recognizes it as the Scourge's base of Deatholme, built at the end of Greenwood Pass when Arthas first attacked Quel'Thalas. The city appears mostly empty of Scourge, except for a lone elf in gaudy clothes, standing on the balcony of a tower in the center. He appears to be waiting for something. Dark shapes like elongated bats circle each other in a wide oval, eventually coalescing into a shadowy portal. A lich glides out from it. Kael'thas had seen lich before, during the course of his duties when Garithos made proper use of his people's abilities as warriors. He knew that they could recover from death as long as their soul was anchored to this world with a phylactery. So far, he had overcome their magical abilities with little difficulty, but he could tell that there was something different about this one. The elf bowed low, even lower than Kael'thas had to M'uru when he cured the Wretched in Silvermoon. "Master," says the elf. Kael'thas realizes who the two must be. Dar'Khan Drathir always did have a tendency for the theatrics, and he had brought a dark lord of the Scourge to Quel'Thalas once more. Kel'Thuzad.

Kael'thas awakes from his vision, and feels righteous anger welling up inside him. Dar'Khan was once again attempting to murder his entire race. His eyes and Verdant Spheres burn brightly, and he thanks M'uru for the warning. He gets the feeling that M'uru isn't done with him yet. He sees another vision, this time of the Sunwell Plateau. It is swarming with Scourge, and the Sunwell is relit. It is not the same as it once was, however. It is now even darker than when Arthas tainted it beyond all recognition with Kel'Thuzad's unholy remains. The vision moves to Silvermoon, completely obliterated, and replaced by a sinister reflection of its current state. The vision moves to Tyr's Hand, now a Scourged wasteland. Stromgard, Gilnease, Ironforge, and Stormwind are the same. The vision now moves to lands he is unfamiliar with. What appears to be a giant charred tree, surrounded by countless leagues of burned forests, with lakes of plague ooze dotting the landscape. He sees a desert full of undead orcs and trolls. What was once a peaceful race of bovine humanoids is now fighting for their lives against Scourge closing in on them from all sides.

M'uru's song makes Kael'thas understand that these are visions of what may be if the Scourge is not stopped here in Quel'Thalas.

One of Khadgar's guards bursts into the room and says that Silvermoon has been attacked. Kael'thas is shocked by this news, wondering who could have orchestrated such an attack if Dar'Khan was in Deatholme. He and his bodyguards return to Silvermoon immediately. There are Spellbreakers and Blood Knights milling about the Walk of Elders. Kael'thas asks what happened. Mehlar Dawnblade tells him that a small group of Scourge agents, led by what appeared to be an elf attacked the apartment complex. Another Blood Knight claims that it was a Nathrezim, not an elf. "It killed four guards instantly and feasted on their blood! I saw it with my own eyes!" Mehlar explains that the Blood Knight had gone to investigate a noise outside, and returned to see the creature consuming the blood of his comrades. He had run for help before he was discovered, and thus may not have gotten a good look at it. The Blood Knight proclaims fiercely that he knew what he saw. "The point is," Mehlar continues, "that there are conflicting accounts. Some say it was an elf, others that it was a Nathrezim. They would certainly have the ability to defeat those guards single-handedly," he says. "What were they doing here? What were they after?" Kael'thas asks. Mehlar hesitates, then says, "They were most likely here for the human girl whose lodgings these are. The one with Lord Kalecgos. She's gone." Kael'thas' heart sinks. He wonders, "What would they want with Anveena?"

Questions, comments, and feedback are all welcome and appreciated
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2015-10-29 at 04:25 AM.

Well this is alot of reading

/DustoffReadingGlasses
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

Please provide feedback or suggestions when you're finished if you can. I'm starved for it.

Deleted
    It feels a bit... rushed. Quite aside from how Kael's actions are whitewashed to oblivion and back, even when the circumstances are exactly the same as they were in the MU. He just makes different decisions without any real prompting.

To be a bit more specific than Lokann on some criticism... This work is supposed to try and tell the story of Kael'tbas if he hadn't turned evil, yes?

At least to me, the specific event that led Kael down his path of darkness was him following Vashj through the portal to Outland and joining Illidan to find a means to feed his people's addiction. He goes to Outland, Illidan shows him how to feed, he does exactly that, then he craves more power, then Kil'Jaeden's like "Hey I can get you some more power" and Kael's like "Alright sounds fun." and bish bash bosh Kael's an evil sumbitch.

The trouble I'm seeing here is he basically rejects that line of events without any reason to. And what I mean by that is, there's nothing here that really tells him "Hey, this is a bad idea." At least to me, it's sort of an arbitrary change of the events to simply fulfill the stated goal of having a story where Kael is the good guy. Plus, I don't know if this is touched on later (I'm only up to where he comes back to Azeroth, there's a lot to read and I sadly haven't completed it yet), his people's addiction really isn't touched upon. That was basically THE reason Kael deals with Illidan at all and it's sorta ignored. To be honest you already had the chance to conquer this overall issue. You had the Infinite Flight come in and disrupt his timeline. I would imagine that they would understand the chronology of events and what each singular event meant for the timeline. When I was reading it, I thought that you were going to have it so the Infinite waylaid or entirely stopped Vashj and her naga from getting to Kael, so as to make sure he was never tempted to go to Outland and therefore continue on the proper timeline. I think doing so would have been the better choice here.

As well, I feel like Kael has it a bit too easy. He either finds or knows where all his potential allies are and he immediately makes friends with them and they join his cause. Illidan being able to just siphon off the corruption also seems weird to me. I suppose in theory it's possible, but to me those traits aren't there directly because of fel energy, it's the body's reaction TO fel energy. My wording's a bit weird here, but I hope I'm conveying myself well enough. Speaking of Illidan, I feel like his characterization change is also sort of iffy. He basically becomes second banana to Kael'thas, despite the latter needing the other more than the former? In their original, canon exchange, Illidan was clearly the master and Kael the needing "student". The change in their dynamic is a bit off to me.

EDIT: I've read a bit further on... and he actually solves the core issues of Stormwind... IE the Defias, saving the Queen, and then screwing over Onyxia's political standing? That's another example of Kael having it a bit too easy and getting his way a lot. Genn Greymane and GIlneas too, to a lesser extent. Sure, I understand the reasoning, but I feel that Genn is an obstinate bastard. If he can do something himself, he'll try as much as he can do do exactly that. I don't think Kael's presence would change that.

Alleria being a damsel in distress also is sorta iffy to me? She's pretty scrappy. She'd end up becoming more trouble than it's worth to corrupt her. As well, at least to me, demons aren't really in the business of taking prisoners. Not unless they want to corrupt them, but yeah. They're more likely to just gut you than anything else.

Some other details that came up in the sections I read (again, I'm only up to where the group returns to Azeroth) were Vargoth knowing the identity of a member of the Council of Six when prior to Wrath their identities were unknown even to other members of the Kirin Tor (save Antonidas I believe). As well, I'm not sure if Ner'zhul was ever mentioned as being the Lich King to kael. Arcane tattoos are also not a sign of fel corruption. For elves, it's the green eyes, red skin, and wings that are signs of serious fel corruption. The tattoos of the demon hunters are fel, but it's because those tattoos empower the bearer. Sorta minor details, but they kinda stuck out to me.

EDIT: Another little detail is Tirion isn't actually a paladin at this point. He was banished from the Silver Hand a couple years prior to the events of Warcraft III. The remnants of the Silver Hand itself is also located in Lordaeron, not down south, so I don't think Kael would meet them that quick? And also, I figure that the point he comes back into the story, Sylvanas has probably already dealt with Garithos. I'm also unsure if Khadgar would have knowledge concerning the plans to raise Dalaran... or if those plans were even in motion at that point. Again, this isn't really that big of a deal - just minor details - but I thought it might be good to bring them to your attention.

While I applaud your passion and I think you've got a lot of potential for something really cool with this, I'm not sure if the current iteration does so in as good of a way as possible. If you would hear some suggestions of mine, I'd say that keeping all the possible allies of Kael fairly distanced from him would be a good idea. The story becomes less plausible if Kael meets basically every conceivable ally and then... has them ally with him. Keeping his forces and resources limited adds more tension and makes your story more believable. This is on a similar point, but have Kael actually suffer a bit. For as much as I've read thus far, his only real struggle seems to have been Garithos causing a bit of a stir... that at the point I'm at hasn't really done anything. A story should have weight to the challenges the protagonist faces and consequences for not doing something right should have impact. Thus far, Kael has breezed through your story without much difficulty in the tasks he has faced. Ramp up the difficulty. I'd also say try to stray a bit more from his canon story. Change it up; find a way to have him never go to Outland and give him a unique story in Warcraft. Don't rely on previous games and expansions for plot ideas. Try and think up something that hasn't really happened and remember: Prior to becoming lustful for power, Kael's drive as a character was the greater good of his people. He doesn't have any moral objections to things, so long as it allows his people to thrive (which is why he agreed to draining fel magic, something he knows a lot about, being an archmage). Play that up and keep that as your ground for thinking of what he should do and where he should go. Again, I think this has a lot of promise, and I look forward to any changes you choose to make.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2014-07-06 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    What really irks me is how Kil'jaeden seems aware of what's happening (which makes sense), but his only reaction is to chide Illidan? Someone's trying to take one of his greatest tools away from him, the Kay-Jay I know would do the whole hunting-the-draenei-to-extinction thing all over again.

With the Dark Portal basically reopened and stabilised, nothing's there to stop him. The Sha'tar might hold the Legion back for a while, but hell... the reason why we weren't overrun by demons entirely in TBC was because Illidan had his own demon army to keep the Legion in check, and even so it was a fairly narrow escape.

What I'm saying is, they defied Kil'jaeden. They made an enemy of the guy who doesn't know the meaning of letting go of a grudge and is completely in command of an almost unstoppable demon army. And they left the quite literal doorway open to the one planet which stood against the Legion twice before, the planet where even Sargeras failed.
    Last edited by mmoc8b3023a1c1; 2014-07-06 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks, Madgod. Usually people just say "needs work" and leave me hanging, for the most part.

In my opinion, Kael'thas swore himself to Illidan's service because he no longer had any ties or alliegances in Azeroth aside from his people under Lor'themar. He felt that the Kirin Tor had betrayed him, the Alliance was trying to kill him, and nobody cared about his people. In this story, he sees that the Kirin Tor have not abandoned him and that they are simply afraid of Garithos. He wants to save them too because he realizes that not all humans are alike, and that some will follow others out of fear. Also, in case I forgot to mention it in the story, the real Kassan died from the same torture Garithos inflicted upon the real Modera. The guards told Garithos who relieved them and must have released the elves.

I haven't yet thought about what should be done regarding the addiction. I put in a little bit about gathering mana to be put in Energon Cubes like they did in Netherstorm, but that's pretty much it. It's still mainly an outline, but as I go into more details (mainly when I'm writing dialogue), I include the little tidbits of info like that. I agree that the addiction needs to play more of a prominent role. I think that I'll have Kael'thas think long and hard about the fel magic thing, and as he thinks about it, he discovers that the Naaru know how to do the mana harvesting thing, and then when he sees what it did to Alleria in copious amounts, it puts him off of it forever.

I like the phrase "Second Banana," I'm gonna use that from now on. I agree that Illidan seems sidelined, and I have recieved previous comments about it on Scrolls of Lore. The reason for this is that Illidan's allies in TFT were Belves and Naga. When Kael'thas met the Naaru, Illidan suddenly lost Kael'thas's support for helping him take over all the demons, since Kael'thas would be like "demons r bad, illidan, don't be in charge of demons." Illidan, despite now being a trusted friend and comrade of Kael'thas, is afraid to tell him that he is still acting on orders from Kil'jaeden, who the Naaru and Draenei and probably most people in the Alliance wouldn't think too highly of (if they even knew who he was). Now most of Illidan's allies are against the Legion, Fel-Orcs, and demons in general (aside from Illidan, who they know is "good"). Kael'thas wanted the Draenei and Sons of Lothar's help, so Illidan had to comply, and why would he not want their help? More soldiers means less casualties aimed at just the Blood Elves and Naga.

Also, I was basing the Alleria having green glowy tattoos and dark, scary skin on Valeera in the comics when she took too much fel, and on the fel-blood elves in Sunwell Plateau. I think it's possible for Illidan to do it. He is after all a master mage and now warlock. Maybe I'll have him give advice on how to counter it to the New Alliance priests and mages, like how it worked to get the worst of Grom's corruption out with priests, mages, shaman, and witch doctors. They got most of it, but he was left with the residual green skin, the elven parallel of which is their green eyes.

In the story, Kael and Illidan's roles slowly change (maybe not slowly now, but I'll make them that way) where Illidan now needs an army to beat the Lich King, he can't take over Mannoroth's forces without attracting animosity from his current allies. He decides that he should instead help his current allies, all who have a grudge against the Lich King (maybe not the Draenei, but most of them aren't coming with the New Alliance) to beat the Scourge. Once Kael'thas is able to use the Naaru's mana harvesting techniques, he doesn't need the Fel energy and Illidan simply becomes a powerful ally against the Lich King. I'll change things up sometime so that he and Kael'thas seem more like equal bananas, since I made this story after hating what Blizzard did to the both of them.

Now that you mention Stormwind, I agree with you that may have been a mistake. I was probably unintentionally trying to paint Kael'thas being a good guy as being the savior of Azeroth and solving all of its problems. After looking back at canon lore today, I realize that not everything can run smoothly. I think I will have them arrive some time after Queen Tiffin is killed and the Defias have left the city, and Varian is too distraught to be of much help. Even with Queen Tiffin alive, I believe Onyxia was already pretty high up in the court. She simply had Tiffin killed so she could eventually control Varian, Anduin, and Stormwind.

I see what you're saying with Genn. That part was more of a summary. I'm going to be expanding a little more on that. Probably going to have Genn bring some of his armies to the gates, fight a big battle against the Scourge that broke down the wall, say he doesn't need help, take pretty heavy losses, then send a message to Kael'thas via his mages when he realizes that there is no way to win against the Scourge on his own.

Don't worry about Alleria. She was really only a damsel in distress until she was rescued, then she woke up in the spellbreaker's arms and pretty much took down Gurtogg Bloodboil single-handedly. Also, they were experimenting a lot on her, pumping a bunch of fel energy into her so she was almost like a felblood elf. I think I'll include something about Alleria having some darker skin like them until Illidan and the cleanup crew do their stuff.

I had forgotten that the Council of Six usually concealed their identities. I'm sure everyone knows that Kael'thas is at least an archmage that is a member of the Kirin Tor as well as Prince of Quel'Thalas. Maybe I'll have Kael'thas approach Vargoth as an equal, then have him talk about Kel'thuzad. Maybe I'll eliminate the part where Vargoth mentions Kel'thuzad was a council member. I think I'll have Kael'thas reveal himself and Modera as the only remaining council members after Vargoth asks what exactly is the current state of Dalaran. Hopefully, that'll clear that problem up.

About Tirion, I know that he's not a Knight of the Silver Hand, but he's still a Paladin. In the Ashbringer comic, he mentions that the Light doesn't care about the verdicts of men, or something. Also, Arthas officially disbanded the Knights of the Silver Hand, effectively banishing all of them from it like Tirion, but they remained Paladins. As long as you believe your cause is righteous, you can be a Paladin.

I might have the Silver Hand not join up until later, and maybe just join with Turalyon in Tyr's Hand offscreen. I know the timeframe is a little squished. I'm afraid I don't have a remedy for that at this point. May just have to suspend the disbelief on that one and pretend that the Alliance to Undead campaigns took longer. Since Khadgar is the new leader of the Kirin Tor, he would be privy to all of that type of stuff. I know they really wouldn't have a reason to have thought of raising it, but just pretend they did. Maybe the leaders are discussing ways of travel to Quel'Thalas safely when Vargoth says something like "Oh, a young apprentice of mine said something about a floating city. Children's tales, but perhaps we could do it?" That would be a clever little reference to a rumor about a floating Scourge fortress (Naxxaramas) that would also inspire the idea that they can get to Quel'Thalas in Dalaran by raising the city.

I concede that it has been pretty difficult to balance the characters. People show up then they just disappear to the Island of Forgotten NPCs. I may just have to take that into consideration, have the different factions split up and fight on different fronts (more than just Quel'Thalas and Tyr's Hand, that is).

I like the idea of having a morally ambiguous protagonist. Everybody loves an anti-hero. I think I might do that. Also I will definitely have Kael'thas encounter a few more challenges in troops and resources. I was trying to do something like that when he had to fight Garithos' suicide bombers and Gurtogg Bloodboil, but I guess he needs a little more. Can't be going through the story with "whosyourdaddy" and "greedisgood" on, after all.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, Madgod. I'll start work on fixing those up.

Okay Lokann, your turn.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by whitewashed? Kael'thas didn't blow up Kirin'Var Village because he remembered that the Kirin Tor is not all against him. He wanted to ask for their help because he knows that the Kirin Tor are just afraid of Garithos, and he wants to liberate them from him. If you could provide an example or two of when the circumstances are the same and he acts different with no prompting, that'd be a little easier to fix.

Who's taking Illidan away? Illidan said he was gonna beat the Lich King with the help of the New Alliance, which I think would be enough to placate KJ for the time being. In WC3, he told KJ that he was gonna beat the Lich King with the help of Kael and Vashj, and now he's got a whole bunch more than that. I suppose that KJ might renew his efforts against the Draenei now that he knows there are a lot more of them still around than he thought. I might include something about that.

Thanks for the suggestions, you two. I'll get to work fixing things up tomorrow.

EDIT: I thought of how they could have some more tension. Stormwind is far removed from the conflict. They've got lots of farmland, too. I think I'll have them ask Stormwind for aid in supplies and troops, and Onyxia smugly slides in between Kael and Varian who looks sad. She's like "Sry, we've got bandits running around the western province (Westfall) and orcs attacking in Redridge. We can't spare anything." So they have less food than they'd like, and have Thoras be a little adamant about lending a lot of troops. He could be mad at Terenas for not killing the orcs in the camps, and also guilty about having abandoned him now that his kingdom is in ruins. He's sad and doesn't know what to do. That's two kingdoms down. Gilneas will be a stick in the mud, that's another. Kul Tiras might have some naga troubles and see Vashj and them and be like "no way, man" and Vashj sends some Naga to the Kul Tiras Naga to ask them to stop causing trouble, so that's Kul Tiras and some Naga down. Kul Tiras still provides ships as thanks for sending word to the other naga to knock it off. That should be a little better. Things will be more strained now.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2014-09-03 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Okay Lokann, your turn.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by whitewashed? Kael'thas didn't blow up Kirin'Var Village because he remembered that the Kirin Tor is not all against him. He wanted to ask for their help because he knows that the Kirin Tor are just afraid of Garithos, and he wants to liberate them from him. If you could provide an example or two of when the circumstances are the same and he acts different with no prompting, that'd be a little easier to fix.

Who's taking Illidan away? Illidan said he was gonna beat the Lich King with the help of the New Alliance, which I think would be enough to placate KJ for the time being. In WC3, he told KJ that he was gonna beat the Lich King with the help of Kael and Vashj, and now he's got a whole bunch more than that. I suppose that KJ might renew his efforts against the Draenei now that he knows there are a lot more of them still around than he thought. I might include something about that.

Thanks for the suggestions, you two. I'll get to work fixing things up tomorrow.
    Perhaps 'whitewashing' is the wrong term. It does seem oddly... convenient though that the Kirin'var folks make their presence known, for example. Perhaps the Infinites could have tipped them off? That'd work.

I'm not entirely sure whether it's noted in your story (because lol attention span wat iz dat), but draining the energies of the Netherstorm in any way would cause its state to deteriorate. Just mentioning it in case it hasn't been addressed, otherwise disregard this.

I find it weird how Kael is allowed to do pretty much what he will, when originally Illidan steered him directly towards whatever goal he had in mind, eventually causing Kael to well... take over all the forces and go do stuff that's not actually necessarily part of Illipants' agenda. I somewhat doubt Kil'jaeden would be happy.

Now I must rush, but may I just say I appreciate how courteous and decent a poster you are? I'm not kidding, it's a breath of fresh air to meet someone like that on MMO-C.

@Lokann

Well, they didn't really make themselves known per se. Kael'thas saw one of their gryphon riders and sent a dragonhawk rider to announce their presence and let them know that they were on their way.

I think Netherstorm is okay for a while. It's like with the whole Global Warming thing. It won't be fatal for a long looooooong time. Kael'thas and the Blood Elves in WoW sucked mana out of Netherstorm for a few years (and the Naaru did it before them for who knows how long) and Kirin Var still stood until Kael'thas attacked it.

In the story, Kael'thas approaches Illidan with a desire to sate his people's addiction, but also with returning to Azeroth relatively soon in his short-term goals. He helps Illidan get rid of the Legion portals, and they come across Kirin'Var, and think they might be able to help find the portals since they've lived there a long time and thus know the lay of the land. I'll expand a little more on the whole Kael'thas x Illidan relationship (no homo, I hate those stupid shipping fanfics) so that they appear more like equals, with Vashj playing "Second Banana" to them.

In TFT, KJ wasn't really telling Illidan to do anything until after Magtheridon was defeated. I guess I should mention how Vashj and the Naga stay with Illidan, but he wants to go with the New Alliance to defeat the Lich King as per KJ's orders.

Thanks for bringing these to my attention. I'll start thinking about how exactly to fix them tomorrow.

And thanks, I don't know why people like to be mean on the internet. I know that they do, but I don't see the appeal of being a jerk just because you can. They say that character is what you do when nobody is watching. I think that statement should be amended to include what you do when there are no consequences. In which case, a lot of people are jerks at heart.

In the Lore forum, I asked how we could have done the quest in BC to interact with Uther's ghost in his tomb when he was supposed to be trapped inside Frostmourne. Someone said that Blizzard has bigger fish to fry than a tiny detail only a few lore nerds would lose sleep over, and told me to go outside. He also had a picture of the Red Shirt Guy. I dunno. It's rather depressing how rude people are when they think they can get away with it.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2014-09-03 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks, Madgod. Usually people just say "needs work" and leave me hanging, for the most part.

In my opinion, Kael'thas swore himself to Illidan's service because he no longer had any ties or alliegances in Azeroth aside from his people under Lor'themar. He felt that the Kirin Tor had betrayed him, the Alliance was trying to kill him, and nobody cared about his people. In this story, he sees that the Kirin Tor have not abandoned him and that they are simply afraid of Garithos. He wants to save them too because he realizes that not all humans are alike, and that some will follow others out of fear. Also, in case I forgot to mention it in the story, the real Kassan died from the same torture Garithos inflicted upon the real Modera. The guards told Garithos who relieved them and must have released the elves.
    I suppose this is a clash of opinion, to a certain extent, but I'd say that while Kael may have chosen to join Illidan because he lacked allies, his principal reason for doing so WAS to get his people a cure. I mean, look at their first conversation. All Kael talks about are the needs of his people. I don't think having a couple extra allies back home changes that path.

I like the phrase "Second Banana," I'm gonna use that from now on. I agree that Illidan seems sidelined, and I have recieved previous comments about it on Scrolls of Lore. The reason for this is that Illidan's allies in TFT were Belves and Naga. When Kael'thas met the Naaru, Illidan suddenly lost Kael'thas's support for helping him take over all the demons, since Kael'thas would be like "demons r bad, illidan, don't be in charge of demons." Illidan, despite now being a trusted friend and comrade of Kael'thas, is afraid to tell him that he is still acting on orders from Kil'jaeden, who the Naaru and Draenei and probably most people in the Alliance wouldn't think too highly of (if they even knew who he was). Now most of Illidan's allies are against the Legion, Fel-Orcs, and demons in general (aside from Illidan, who they know is "good"). Kael'thas wanted the Draenei and Sons of Lothar's help, so Illidan had to comply, and why would he not want their help? More soldiers means less casualties aimed at just the Blood Elves and Naga.
    At least to me, the best course of action here would be to potentially just not involve Illidan at all. He's a very iconic character within the Warcraft universe and within this story here it seems like even from the beginning he has a lot less power in his relationship with kael than might be fairly warranted. Like I said before, starting roughly from scratch and just ignoring Outland might be the best thing you can do for this story. It keeps Kael as far away from that prime location of temptation and it keeps him away from a plethora of allies by which he can make his quest easier.

Also, I was basing the Alleria having green glowy tattoos and dark, scary skin on Valeera in the comics when she took too much fel, and on the fel-blood elves in Sunwell Plateau. I think it's possible for Illidan to do it. He is after all a master mage and now warlock. Maybe I'll have him give advice on how to counter it to the New Alliance priests and mages, like how it worked to get the worst of Grom's corruption out with priests, mages, shaman, and witch doctors. They got most of it, but he was left with the residual green skin, the elven parallel of which is their green eyes.
    This is true. I'll admit I didn't really remember the old Warcraft III orc campaign.

In the story, Kael and Illidan's roles slowly change (maybe not slowly now, but I'll make them that way) where Illidan now needs an army to beat the Lich King, he can't take over Mannoroth's forces without attracting animosity from his current allies. He decides that he should instead help his current allies, all who have a grudge against the Lich King (maybe not the Draenei, but most of them aren't coming with the New Alliance) to beat the Scourge. Once Kael'thas is able to use the Naaru's mana harvesting techniques, he doesn't need the Fel energy and Illidan simply becomes a powerful ally against the Lich King. I'll change things up sometime so that he and Kael'thas seem more like equal bananas, since I made this story after hating what Blizzard did to the both of them.
    While I can see how that works (Kael being the lesser mage but the greater in terms of political power after the mentioned events) I'd still say that personally I'm rather uncomfortable with Kael and Illidan straying from their original dynamic. On a similar note, keep in mind that the mana forges (what I assume you're referring to when talking about naaru mana harvesting) were actually engineered by Kael. They are very destructive to the Netherstorm and I don't think the naaru would approve, especially considering their agents (the Aldor and Scryers) actively decomissioned those forges during the questlines in the zone.

Now that you mention Stormwind, I agree with you that may have been a mistake. I was probably unintentionally trying to paint Kael'thas being a good guy as being the savior of Azeroth and solving all of its problems. After looking back at canon lore today, I realize that not everything can run smoothly. I think I will have them arrive some time after Queen Tiffin is killed and the Defias have left the city, and Varian is too distraught to be of much help. Even with Queen Tiffin alive, I believe Onyxia was already pretty high up in the court. She simply had Tiffin killed so she could eventually control Varian, Anduin, and Stormwind.
    My advice would be to just... scrap any moment of story in Stormwind at all. Kael should be focused on his people, not every potential ally. Him doing too much good (and I would say ousting Onyxia is definitely in that category) does dilute his character. Or alternatively, have him go to Stormwind... but just suffer a disappointment. Don't actually try to solve anything.

About Tirion, I know that he's not a Knight of the Silver Hand, but he's still a Paladin. In the Ashbringer comic, he mentions that the Light doesn't care about the verdicts of men, or something. Also, Arthas officially disbanded the Knights of the Silver Hand, effectively banishing all of them from it like Tirion, but they remained Paladins. As long as you believe your cause is righteous, you can be a Paladin.
    Not exactly. Remember that Tirion's powers WERE taken from him. Not completely as the Silver Hand couldn't really do that, but he was rendered pretty weak. Even in Vanilla WoW he was a hermit in a hut in the plaguelands. As far as game lore tells it, he only fully regains his powers and joins up with a group of paladins somewhere between Vanilla and Wrath. While it was officially disbanded, it still existed. They weren't going to take the order of a crazed prince seriously. And like I said they ARE in Lordaeron.

I might have the Silver Hand not join up until later, and maybe just join with Turalyon in Tyr's Hand offscreen. I know the timeframe is a little squished. I'm afraid I don't have a remedy for that at this point. May just have to suspend the disbelief on that one and pretend that the Alliance to Undead campaigns took longer. Since Khadgar is the new leader of the Kirin Tor, he would be privy to all of that type of stuff. I know they really wouldn't have a reason to have thought of raising it, but just pretend they did. Maybe the leaders are discussing ways of travel to Quel'Thalas safely when Vargoth says something like "Oh, a young apprentice of mine said something about a floating city. Children's tales, but perhaps we could do it?" That would be a clever little reference to a rumor about a floating Scourge fortress (Naxxaramas) that would also inspire the idea that they can get to Quel'Thalas in Dalaran by raising the city.
    My advice on suspension of disbelief is that if you need to use it to justify a plot point, it's going to probably be better to just rewrite it so you don't need to suspend your disbelief.

On another note, I don't think Vargoth or Khadgar would actually know of Naxxramas, as it was raised a good while after they were closed off from Azeroth.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, Madgod. I'll start work on fixing those up.
    You're absolutely welcome. Good luck!

EDIT: Oh also, I'm not sure if there are any demonic portals in the Netherstorm. I believe they're in Zangarmarsh, Nagrand, and Blade's Edge. Food for thought.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2014-07-06 at 03:27 PM.

I dunno, I like Illidan I don't want him to be caught by Maiev and just go back to prison forever. I'm gonna just make he and Kael'thas more like equal partners who help each other. Also, I wanted Kael'thas to gather as many allies as he could. If he arrives in Lordaeron with a smaller army than Garithos, the latter will feel like he can catch and kill Kael'thas without consequences. If Kael'thas doesn't have support from any human kingdoms and arrives with no more forces than he had before, Garithos could easily defeat his group and kill them all.

Another reason I wanted the Outland stuff to be there was to get one of Illidan's vials of water from the Well of Eternity so that the Sunwell could eventually be reignited.

I believe that the mana forges were already there. They were Naaru technology, and the Naaru had been harvesting mana before the Blood Elves in WoW. I think the Naaru only wanted him gone because he was their enemy and it does not do to let your enemy gather that much power.

I think I am going to have him come up empty in Stormwind. They'll have their hands full with Defias in Westfall and Orcs in Redridge. Varian is distraught at the loss of Tiffin, and Onyxia is just holding things up. Kael'thas and Khadgar will sense something strange about her that makes them suspicious, but they just continue north looking for more allies. There will be no resources from Stormwind, which will be a big hamper on their efforts.

Ah, I see. I thought that Tirion kept his powers the whole time after being banished. Maybe I won't use him in this story. Not too hard to believe that the New Alliance's armies wouldn't come across his little hut.

Vargoth and Khadgar don't know about Naxxramas, but surely someone has seen it. That's where the rumors started. People saw it flying around and nobody really took them seriously but continued spreading the rumor. The rumor found its way to an apprentice, who mentioned it in class, and Vargoth told the leaders, and that could be where they get the idea to raise the city, even though they don't believe the story about Naxxramas.

I dunno if there were portals in Netherstorm or not. If not, just chalk it up to Kael'thas and Illidan not knowing anything about the surrounding landscape, a prime reason why Kael'thas wanted Kirin'Var's help.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2014-09-03 at 01:20 AM.

I dunno, I like Illidan I don't want him to be caught by Maiev and just go back to prison forever. I'm gonna just make he and Kael'thas more like equal partners who help each other. Also, I wanted Kael'thas to gather as many allies as he could. If he arrives in Lordaeron with a smaller army than Garithos, the latter will feel like he can catch and kill Kael'thas without consequences. If Kael'thas doesn't have support from any human kingdoms and arrives with no more forces than he had before, Garithos could easily defeat his group and kill them all.
    Again though I'm not certain that Kael and Illidan would be equals considering their canon dynamic. At least when they first meet, Kael needs Illidan a lot more than Illidan needs Kael. And this again is more personal but it just feels... off. I feel like Illidan is the Lord of Outland. Kael survived for longer but he never tried to openly defy Illidan. I think that speaks volumes on how those two should work.

Like I said before, I think getting a lot of allies makes it difficult to believe the story and I think it makes Kael look too good. I understand why you want to do it, I just don't think it would give you as good of results as you would get if you provide story reasons for Kael to win... or even lose. Again, suffering is wonderful in stories. Conflict is good. Personally, an alternate universe where Kael dies because he doesn't become evil is actually really juicy and I'd love to read something like that. I understand that's not the direction you want to go in, but I'm just saying. Mind, I'm the guy who put his favorite RP character, a high elf mage, into the Violet Hold under the rather unjustly earned and blatantly unfair accusation of treason against the Kirin Tor. I'm not very soft on my characters.

Another reason I wanted the Outland stuff to be there was to get one of Illidan's vials of water from the Well of Eternity so that the Sunwell could eventually be reignited.
    Understandable, though in my opinion I don't think the story really needs it.

I believe that the mana forges were already there. They were Naaru technology, and the Naaru had been harvesting mana before the Blood Elves in WoW. I think the Naaru only wanted him gone because he was their enemy and it does not do to let your enemy gather that much power.
    http://wowpedia.org/Overseer_Seylanna

According to this, they were adapted from power generators (basically) to what they are now by the blood elves. So technically they existed, but for the purpose of powering a spaceship and were not intended to be used on land. Her text implies there's potential for some pretty severe consequences. I'm certain there's other quests that discuss the dangers of the forges.

I think I am going to have him come up empty in Stormwind. They'll have their hands full with Defias in Westfall and Orcs in Redridge. Varian is distraught at the loss of Tiffin, and Onyxia is just holding things up. Kael'thas and Khadgar will sense something strange about her that makes them suspicious, but they just continue north looking for more allies. There will be no resources from Stormwind, which will be a big hamper on their efforts.
    I wouldn't even go so far as to say that they think there's something up. Stormwind has their own fair share of competent magi and NOBODY suspected Onyxia's meddling. Remember that Bolvar was fooled by her, and he was a pretty smart cookie too.

Ah, I see. I thought that Tirion kept his powers the whole time after being banished. Maybe I won't use him in this story. Not too hard to believe that the New Alliance's armies wouldn't come across his little hut.
    Yeah it's in... "Of Blood and Honor", a little story by Metzen. Which goes a good way to explain why he doesn't really care about Alliance or Horde.

Vargoth and Khadgar don't know about Naxxramas, but surely someone has seen it. That's where the rumors started. People saw it flying around and nobody really took them seriously but continued spreading the rumor. The rumor found its way to an apprentice, who mentioned it in class, and Vargoth told the leaders, and that could be where they get the idea to raise the city, even though they don't believe the story about Naxxramas.
    It only started flying after Kel'thuzad left for Northrend, a good while after the Dark Portal was sealed behind Khadgar and co (See the end of the Naxxramas short story that Blizzard published for 1.11). If they didn't know about KT leaving the Kirin Tor, they wouldn't know about Naxxramas.

I dunno if there were portals in Netherstorm or not. If not, just chalk it up to Kael'thas and Illidan not knowing anything about the surrounding landscape, a prime reason why Kael'thas wanted Kirin'Var's help.
    Considering the sheer number of demons that pour through those gates, I'd imagine a master demon hunter like Illidan would probably be able to sense where they are. Not necessarily saying you can't track through but I think you'd have to find a reason why. Perhaps because of sensing the sheer raw mana of the place on the part of Kael.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2014-07-06 at 05:42 PM.

Yup, I'm getting rid of a few of his allies. Stormwind won't be of much help, Gilneas is too proud until later on, Stromgarde is conflicted, Kul Tiras only sends ships, and so on. Ironforge might help a little bit, but the New Alliance will (for the time being, anyway) consist of Quel'Thalas, the Sons of Lothar, Dalaran, and Garithos' forces. Silver Hand will just integrate into Turalyon's forces offscreen. That would keep it simple enough for them to be one race selection in WCIII. I'll mention it in the story next time Turalyon sends a letter, or maybe have it be included in a report that Lor'themar reads in his office when he sees the reports about a flying fortress.

I'm gonna keep Tiffin dead so that everything's not super happy. Gotta have some tragic stuff. I might end up having Kael'thas' daughter get killed, which would push him further so that he does what is necessary with no heed to the consequences or moral standing of it.

I see your point about Onyxia's skills at deception. Maybe I won't have them think she's suspicious. They'll just think she's a bee-otch.

They are in Lordaeron now, fighting Scourge. It's not Khadgar and Vargoth that know about it. It's just a rumor told among the general populace that eventually found its way to them via a young apprentice. Kael'thas told them that Kel'thuzad left the Kirin Tor for the Scourge in Outland.

The leaders are just hanging out in Dalaran. Kael'thas: "I wonder how we could get to my house safely?"
    Vargoth: "One of my students said something about a floating city. It's a rumor that's been flying around. Sounds ridiculous, right? Maybe we could do that with Dalaran?"
    Kael'thas: "Hey, man, that's a good idea!"

Hmm, that's a good idea. Rather than just wandering aimlessly, Kael'thas could sense Netherstorm and be like "Hey, let's stop for a mana break before we hit those portals, man." And Illidan's like "K, bro."

Deleted
    Hmm, that's a good idea. Rather than just wandering aimlessly, Kael'thas could sense Netherstorm and be like "Hey, let's stop for a mana break before we hit those portals, man." And Illidan's like "K, bro."
    That's actually a fairly elegant solution, all options considered.

Yup, I'm getting rid of a few of his allies. Stormwind won't be of much help, Gilneas is too proud until later on, Stromgarde is conflicted, Kul Tiras only sends ships, and so on. Ironforge might help a little bit, but the New Alliance will (for the time being, anyway) consist of Quel'Thalas, the Sons of Lothar, Dalaran, and Garithos' forces. Silver Hand will just integrate into Turalyon's forces offscreen. That would keep it simple enough for them to be one race selection in WCIII. I'll mention it in the story next time Turalyon sends a letter, or maybe have it be included in a report that Lor'themar reads in his office when he sees the reports about a flying fortress.

I'm gonna keep Tiffin dead so that everything's not super happy. Gotta have some tragic stuff. I might end up having Kael'thas' daughter get killed, which would push him further so that he does what is necessary with no heed to the consequences or moral standing of it.

I see your point about Onyxia's skills at deception. Maybe I won't have them think she's suspicious. They'll just think she's a bee-otch.
    That all sounds pretty good. Keep it fairly lean and I'd definitely have it so Kael isn't the big guy running the show. Keep him involved certainly, but there should be some shared leadership there. If Illidan's still along for the ride, I'd also say that he should have some tension with Dalaran, simply because of his demonic magickery.

They are in Lordaeron now, fighting Scourge. It's not Khadgar and Vargoth that know about it. It's just a rumor told among the general populace that eventually found its way to them via a young apprentice. Kael'thas told them that Kel'thuzad left the Kirin Tor for the Scourge in Outland.

The leaders are just hanging out in Dalaran. Kael'thas: "I wonder how we could get to my house safely?"
    Vargoth: "One of my students said something about a floating city. It's a rumor that's been flying around. Sounds ridiculous, right? Maybe we could do that with Dalaran?"
    Kael'thas: "Hey, man, that's a good idea!"
    Ah, I see. My mistake. Yeah that's fine, if it comes up the grapevine while they're in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    That's actually a fairly elegant solution, all options considered.
    Glad I thought of it haha. Yeah I think that allows you to do what you want fairly plausibly.

I think I'll include a bit for a scene with Garithos and fellow dissenters who will say something like "Now we're playing second banana to an elf! Grumble, grumble, grumble." because you've been such a great help!

It's my pleasure man. If you've got any more questions or whatever, just PM me or jump onto the RP IRC channel and ping me. I'm on there more often now. Here's the link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Join-our-chat!

Here's the first draft for the revised general outline of the Stormwind interactions. Lemme know what you think, :P

Kael'thas and Turalyon lead the way to Nethergarde Keep, which is maintained by Kirin Tor forces. The New Alliance informs them that they have nothing to worry about on the other side of the Dark Portal, and many of them join Kael'thas, Khadgar, and Turalyon on their Journey to Stormwind. Illidan says that it would be unwise for he and the Naga to accompany them to Stormwind. Kael'thas says that they could cast illusion spells on them all so that they would appear as Blood Elves to all outside eyes. Illidan agrees, and they do so.

(Imagine Illidan and all Naga characters at this point as Blood Elves until further notice. They're transformed into Blood Elves temporarily, like the Orb of the Sin'dorei, and they keep putting the spell on themselves as soon as it begins to wear off. Illidan puts on a shirt, and the Naga put on pants. Illidan still has his demon sight and still wears his blindfold.)

The New Alliance draws many curious gazes as they march through Elwynn Forest. They arrive in Stormwind that night and are met by General Marcus Johnathan, commander of Stormwind's recovering armies. He is overjoyed to see Turalyon (who he served under) alive and safe. The commanders of the Sons of Lothar see the statues of themselves.

Khadgar: "My beard's not that long, is it?"

Alleria: "Why am I holding a falcon?"

Danath (looks at his sword and shield, then up at the large broadsword in his statue: "That's a biiiig sword."

Kurdran (puffing on his pipe): "Very handsome. A fine likeness, hehehe."

Turalyon: "I don't look that intimidating, do I?"

They request an audience with King Varian Wrynn. It is granted and Johnathan leads them into the throne room. Varian is sitting in his throne stock still with his head angled down at the floor. His face is untouched by the light of the nearest burning torches on the walls, obscuring it in shadow. On his left is Bolvar Fordragon and on the right is Lady Katrana Prestor.

https://i1.ytimg.com/vi/6g8cFTvhhms/hqdefault.jpg

Kael'thas thanks them for seeing him and tells them precisely of the situation in Lordaeron. Varian's face brightens slightly at finding that the Sons of Lothar have returned, but only slightly. Kael'thas asks Varian if they can provide any troops or supplies for their New Alliance to help in their battle against the Scourge. Lady Prestor steps between he and Kael'thas, saying that their army is weak, and spread too thin as it is. She talks about the Stonemasons' riot a few weeks prior, the Defias in the West, the undead in the south, and the Blackrock Orcs in the East. They have nothing to spare, and they already sent aid to Garithos. Kael'thas says that Garithos is a negligent leader who cares nothing for the lives of his men. Bolvar appears concerned for those troops sent by Stormwind, but Lady Prestor is adamant. Varian is looking out a window, evidently lost in thought. He does nothing to change the answer. Kael'thas says that the Scourge threatens them all, and if they would please reconsider. Lady Prestor cuts him off, saying that they have too much to deal with to worry about the problems of an elf. Bolvar looks at her angrily, but she looks smugly back at him. Rommath says "Why, you insolent little-" but Kael'thas puts a hand up to silence him and says they will take their leave. Bolvar says they are more than welcome to stay in the city to recuperate. Kael'thas thanks them, and he and Turalyon send Astalor and a clerk from the Sons of Lothar to see to the arrangements.

Kael'thas and Illidan are in his room, discussing their next move now that Stormwind won't help them. They hear someone conversing with one of Kael's guards outside, and they knock on the door. He says to enter, and the guard salutes Kael'thas and says that he has a visitor. Kael'thas asks who, and the guard says he wouldn't give his name, but that it is extremely important. The man surrenders his weapon to the other guard and the first steps aside to let him in. The man lowers his hood, and Kael'thas recognizes Bolvar Fordragon.

Bolvar looks at Kael'thas, then Illidan, then back to Kael'thas. Illidan says that they'll continue tomorrow, and leaves the room. Bolvar says that he would have gone to Turalyon, but he's surrounded by admirers and aquaintances at the moment. He says that Varian hasn't been himself since his wife was killed during the Stonemason's riot, and that most matters of state have fallen to the House of Nobles, most of whom must be in Prestor's pocket. He tells Kael'thas that soldiers' lives are just reports and mere tools to advance one's political standing to Lady Prestor. He says that he has written more condolence letters than he cares to remember, and that if Kael'thas and Turalyon can lessen that number, he will grant him his support. Kael'thas holds out a hand to thank Bolvar, but he pulls his away, saying that Lady Prestor was right that their army is stretched far too thin with the recent troubles they've had to deal with. Instead, Bolvar reaches into his cloak and pulls out a letter bearing the royal seal of Stormwind. He tells Kael'thas to give it to Turalyon when he has the chance. It says that Stormwind no longer supports Grand Marshal Garithos and for all of their troops deferr to General Turalyon's command immediately. Kael'thas says that he will deliver it, and that the New Alliance will do their best to repay Stormwind for their support. Bolvar says that Lady Prestor and Varian don't know about this, and mustn't be allowed to know until it's too late. "Just bring those men home safely," says Bolvar. Kael'thas nods, and Bolvar leaves.

The next morning, Kael'thas, Turalyon, and the rest of the leaders and advisors step onto a goblin zeppelin from Booty Bay commissioned by Bolvar to take them north to Ironforge. "It's the least I can do," he had said. A squat, bald goblin standing at the boardwalk is about to take down the gangplank, but stands back, looking frustrated. Kael'thas sees a small child running toward the zeppelin. Salandria shouts, "Wait, Kael! I wanna come too!" Kael'thas sees that she's followed by Cynice Dayflare, her caretaker that Capernian had assigned to see to her needs. She says, panting, "Forgive me, your highness. She got away from me." Kael'thas says "It's alright. She can come with us if she wants to. We'll only be in Ironforge for a few days." Cynice boards the zeppelin to accompany Salandria. The disgruntled goblin shouts in a high voice "All aboard for Ironforge! No refunds! Oh, and no fire spells for the duration of the journey and we'll get there just fine! Maybe."

The next stuff is going to Ironforge to look for help there. I realized that the Blackrock Orc and Dark Iron Dwarf lands are between Stormwind and Ironforge, not Ironforge and Lordaeron, so they're gonna end up sending a message to Kul Tiras via Ironforge Gryphon Rider.

Deleted
    Illidan puts on a shirt, and the Naga put on pants.
    Beautiful.

Khadgar: "My beard's not that long, is it?"

Alleria: "Why am I holding a falcon?"

Danath (looks at his sword and shield, then up at the large broadsword in his statue: "That's a biiiig sword."

Kurdran (puffing on his pipe): "Very handsome. A fine likeness, hehehe."

Turalyon: "I don't look that intimidating, do I?"
    Likewise, beautiful.

Overall, I like this turn of events. I'd say it's got that WC3 feel to it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So far, things are coming together quite nicely. I enjoyed reading it!