Deleted

Mid laner must haves

Hey guys,

So I am coming up to level 30 soon, and a few friends and myself have been picking our roles. I will be playing Mid lane as my main role, and i just wanted some advice on a few champs that i should learn to play. Currently I play comfortably:

LeBlanc
    Nidalee
    Katarina
    Kayle
    Fiddlesticks

What other champs should i really learn to play? The 2 i have my eyes on are Yasuo and Orianna, but other suggestions are much appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ziggs and Orianna are good to pick. Ori is one of the most fun mids (imo). Ziggs is kind of ridiculous, doesn't lose lane to anyone really. Orianna is also safe to blind/first pick since she does fairly well vs everyone, if worse comes to worse you can just farm it out. If you're comfortable on the champ, Karthas is underrated right now. Just run exhaust, farm with Q and ult to pick up kills. Late game his damage is incredible and you can just zombie into them.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-07-01 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Syndra, Ziggs, Wu, Yasuo from my list. Optional Anivia and Zyra
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Awesome suggestions, thanks guys!

Xerath, Zed and Panth are on sale this week. Are Xerath and Zed worth picking up at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    If jungler loves you Zed is good. If he doesn't but you play against some kind of Oriana, then you will be fine (but in this case you would be much better as Wu or Yasuo).

Xerath is in really weird position, he doesn't need lots of AP in early game, but he have huge mana issues. In mid game he suffers from both mana hunger and low AP because you need at least one big mana item and he still burst the fuck out of his mana in seconds. I really enjoy him being changed, but i can't stand when enemy runs away at 100 health because i depleted all my mana
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

LB, Fizz and Yasuo are pretty much op but wont stay open in ranked matches. I rather use Karthus and Vel'koz as mid laner.

Karthus is OP in team fights and often underrated by enemies because they all think "Karthus is all about his ult", meanwhile in team fights they all swim in your E and get owned by your Q, plus the passive makes you stay alive for some seconds after dead (with full mana) so you can often kill yourself in team fights to pick 3 or more kills or fuck them up real good so your team can score an ace.

Vel'koz is so much fun to play, everything about him scream OP, if you learn to time his E you can counter the most annoying mid laners like Katarina, Akali and Yasuo. Plus his ult is ridiculously OP and you can fuck the enemy team real good if you get them all clustered or lined up. Only thing you have to be careful is his positioning, Vel'koz must stay positioned behind in fights like an adc.

I'd say to learn Ziggs/Orianna/Lulu/Kassadin.

Ziggs great at stalling out games. Orianna has pretty much always been a safe/consistent pick since S2. Lulu is more often played top but still can do well mid, more annoying than anything. Kassadin does incredibly well the later the game goes, but often banned.

Syndra/Fizz also worth but may take a little more practice. Yasuo, while strong is pretty much perma-banned, but more often than not I find he does worse in solo queue because he's picked cluelessly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If jungler loves you Zed is good. If he doesn't but you play against some kind of Oriana, then you will be fine (but in this case you would be much better as Wu or Yasuo).

Xerath is in really weird position, he doesn't need lots of AP in early game, but he have huge mana issues. In mid game he suffers from both mana hunger and low AP because you need at least one big mana item and he still burst the fuck out of his mana in seconds. I really enjoy him being changed, but i can't stand when enemy runs away at 100 health because i depleted all my mana
    Xerath is my most played champion in rank, and honestly if you seriously have mana issues as Xerath you're doing something very, very wrong, cause I can go the entire game without a single blue if need be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    Xerath is my most played champion in rank, and honestly if you seriously have mana issues as Xerath you're doing something very, very wrong, cause I can go the entire game without a single blue if need be.
    Long-term vice yes, he doesn't have issues with mana due to passive, but when you need to spam your spells on enemy (who, for example, have health+MR item and now you can't Q>E>W>R>R>R him), you go OOM really fast. Especially in teamfights, where you want to use your skills as often as you can

I'd say also learn atleast one AD champion, in addition to the AP ones. So Zed, Yasuo, Wukong etc.

Deleted
    ZED!
    Its probably more difficult to master than any other midlaner, but its insanely fun and strong if played right. Forget botrk, for 3200 you get 25+ attack dmg and attack speed that it's just not worth it. Active is ok, but still, for 3200 go early for Tiamat and other AD items, much, much better. Just get planty of AD and armor pen. and watch enemy melt

Embrace the shadow!

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    To add to your list:

Fizz (must have)
    Yasou ( i can't even begin to explain how op that guy is)
    Zed ( My personal favourite ad assassin, you master him and you are a force)
    Lux ( Played right she fucking rekts, just keep your distance. You need to land combos)
    Ori ( crazy fun and late game is a joke, in a good way)
    Syndra ( such a lane bully, her stun is amazing, but again, she takes practice)
    Ziggs ( I can't stand playing or playing against this hero, however, he is so strong atm. His ability to sit back throw qs over the front line to wreck your carries is absurd, and thats putting it lightly)
    Finally, Akali ( I love her, shes my wild card, enemy team always hates seeing an akali )

All in all, pick a current strong mid laner, master the hero (not in ranks), then spam the ranks, farm, help your team and you will climb.

Xerath
    Brand
    Lux
    Zed
    Gragas (not really considered a mid anymore)
    Veigar

Deleted
    Sorry to intercept this thread, but i'm also kinda looking for a fun to play midlaner which is ok for ranked.
    Got about 40+ games now on Malz, but i'm kinda split on how to build him and even if he's viable.
    So untill i get some IP to buy me a nice midlaner like Fizz i was wonder what the MMO-C opinion is how to play/ build Malz and if he's a viable midlaner?
    Small note; i'm Silver V atm.