Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hunter skillcap is down there among the very easy ones, and compred to some of those easy ones it is also very hard to master, because even "mastering it" is just about getting as many shots out as possible (which software and decent class knowledge trivializes) and hitting stuff on cooldown.

Working on a feral alt and my brain is having a meltdown.

You will give up Azores.
    Retired hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if you're PvPing or not, and at what skill level you're PvPing at.

I would easily say that they're very close to but slightly easier than an Ele Shaman. Hunters have so little to manage to perform decently/above average. The fact that their class "gimmick" auto attacks and requires 0 management is what makes them easier, compared to totems.

That's coming from a PvEer.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Not even a little, hunter has always been the easiest class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Hunter skillcap is down there among the very easy ones, and compred to some of those easy ones it is also very hard to master, because even "mastering it" is just about getting as many shots out as possible (which software and decent class knowledge trivializes) and hitting stuff on cooldown.

I started reading this and all I can think was you saying " blah blah, I'm a fagget, more blah, followed by a story about how much harder feral is than hunter, blah blah, ending with you claiming to be the best virgin eu.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-07-02 at 11:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    now I'm not saying our class is hard by any means (BM definitely has more of a learning curve to play very well than survival), but don't you think there are some classes that come to mind that are easier than us? I mean c'mon, shadow priest anyone?

LOL, have you ever played a shadow priest, and I dont mean spamming mind spike and mind flay either.

To me, Hunter is the easiest class in the game not necessarily because it takes massively more skill than some other classes, but because of the luxuries that have so long been afforded it. King of duels, king of random BGs, every buff in the game available, good PvE DPS, PvP viable... It has everything. The two first are particularly annoying, since Hunters contribute a whole lot to those parts of the game now being entirely boring, and actively frustrating. BGs are a chore to get through, now. Presumably the developers felt that the people who enjoyed them weren't worthy of balance.

tis tru meight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post

Then stay hunter, Feral isnt a hard spec..

I believe hunter is the easiest because the difference between a good player and a bad player has gone from astronomical to miniscule.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Shadow priest definitely gives hunters a run for their money for laid back ultra relaxing raid dps rotations.

If all classes were easy to master, then why aren't they? Why isn't every single player pulling the same numbers that the very top raiders do...?

ALL classes are easy to play up to an acceptable standard. None of them is easy to master and maximize. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    the difference between a good player and a bad player has gone from astronomical to miniscule.
    Isnt this true for like half of the classes in the game tho?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Shadow priest definitely gives hunters a run for their money for laid back ultra relaxing raid dps rotations.
    Not if your paying attention to your procs and CDs, if your blowing a rotation of MB, SW:P, MF and DP and paying attention to nothing else, yeah...easy

But then again, all classes are easy right?

From my observation as a raid leader/recruiter the following specs are incredibly hard to find good players for:

-Fury Warrior
    -Boomkin
    -Shadow Priest
    -Enhancement Shaman
    -DK of any DPS spec(yes, I'm serious even for DW Frost)

Tons of apps from said classes/specs and you wonder if they bought a SoO HC boost 5 or so times.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Not if your paying attention to your procs and CDs, if your blowing a rotation of MB, SW:P, MF and DP and paying attention to nothing else, yeah...easy

But then again, all classes are easy right?
    Thing is, none of that is specific to the spriest spec. You can say that about every single spec in the game, watch procs and CDs. Spriest in itself is at least for me the absolute easiest raid dps spec in the game, as long as I don't pick insanity. I don't want to say braindead and extremely slow, but I just did.

Even as a fresh 90 spriest in timeless gear I was about to do decent overall in lfr without being really familiar with that spec. The rotation is so easy.

I think the misconception about hunters being easy comes from the fact that we simply have no penalty for movement. And also the fact that on paper the rotation looks pretty simple which is basically 'Press stuff on CD'.

The real skill cap for hunters is how you manage focus. This might seem like a tirivial issue but it does take a lot of discipline to master the simple rotation. I've seen people who have good gear having less than 7 KCs/minute on a fight like juggernaut (which is terrible).

And yes the reward for high skill cap is not as apparent in cases of classes like Fury Warriors or Feral Druids where the difference is worlds apart, but in our cases its around 10% dps difference

i guess huntes are considered easy because it is easy to do decent dmg without having any skills.

like my friend who plays a BM hunter, he keeps saying he is ohh so good, despite him basicly only spamming arcane shot, and when i ask him: why don't you use kill command? he simply answers "it does the same amount of damage, but it requires my pet to be in range, and arcane shots buffs my pvp power"

i do play an MM hunter myself, along with a feral druid, enh shaman, prot pala and dest lock. i find my lock and pala to be the easier ones.

Deleted
    Another problem with hunters is that they do a lot of damage on low gear levels compared to many classes, due to horrendous AoTH overtime buffs. Combined with full mobility makes it the more forgiving class out there on low/mid gear and skill levels. Still with decent gear, the 4pc bonus makes SV really faceroll for the average Joe, as he only needs to have some luck and spam the shiny button to outdps an equally skilled and geared <insert any other class here> Jimmy