-Corsair H100i cooler
    -Cooler master Cosmos 2
    -EVGA GTX 690
    -16gb Corsair Dominator 2300mhz
    -Asus Maximus V mobo
    -Corsair AX1200i PSU
    -2x 500gb Samsung 840 evo
    -4 WD Black 3tb

I've been thinking about buying another 690 since they can be had now for around 500 and just having a quad-sli setup.
    I want to move up resolutions from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440. Possibly even adding additional monitors for multitasking while I game.
    My question is, is it worth adding an extra 690 if im going to jump up to the 2560x1440? or can my single 690 handle it? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Depends on what settings you run the software with at 2560x1440. Desktop / other shit don't use much resources, so I'd suggest keeping just the one card for the beginning even with multiple monitors.

Deleted
    I dont think so.

I would just sell your 690 and get either 2x 290 or 2x 780. Or stick with the 690 and see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never run Quad-SLI or Quad-Crossfire tbh. Yes the drivers are better these days but you're still in for a world of bugs, especially with new games that don't have specific SLI profiles yet. There are STILL problems with just normal, dual, SLI and Crossfire. Quad just gives you even more problems.

I'd say just stick with the single 690, if you notice that it can't quite handle the higher resolution, sell it and get 2x gtx 780.

I run a 690 with a 1440p and 1080p set up and it's starting to struggle with some recent games at ultra@1440p. The 2gb vram just isn't enough these days but don't just write it off. Depending what games you play it might still be fine.

I would sell it and buy a better card with more VRAM, I would wait for Maxwell 880.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I run a 690 with a 1440p and 1080p set up and it's starting to struggle with some recent games at ultra@1440p. The 2gb vram just isn't enough these days but don't just write it off. Depending what games you play it might still be fine.
    This pretty much sums it up - the 690 can already do 1440p in a lot of games. I'm running a couple of overclocked GTX 670's myself and I can still even get Watchdogs and such running in 2560x1440, though admittedly using a mix of high/ultra settings. The main issue comes from the SLI setup of the cards not working particularly well in a number of recent games - such as Titanfall and a few others that released recently.

If your 690 is the 2GB variant (shows 2GB x 2), then as the other have said, either leap to a 780 Ti for mostly above 690 performance, or just wait. The problem with the 780 Ti even is that it's more of a side-grade rather than upgrade from your current setup: A lot of games will see literally no benefit from the change and the ones that do will mostly be in the 'upto 10fps' average increase range.

So if you have money to burn, go for it, if not, definitely wait. You can already do 2560x1440 though.

Deleted
    I would say just wait for the 8xx series too. We are starting to see games use more and more vram now, so getting those cards with 6gb+ will be a good place to start, especially with 1440p/4k becoming ever more popular.

Yeah buying a second one at this time probably wouldn't be better or more cost effective in the long run then grabbing the newer higher VRAM stuff as others have said.