10+ Year Old Account

Actually missing Healing Sphere as WW

So as a WW now in place of healing sphere is Surging Mist. It is a stronger heal but feels very odd to stop and cast, when HS you could lead your spheres for your own benefit. Being a mobile class, having to stop to cast a heal feels a bit out of place. Maybe it will grow on me but as of right now SM feels even more odd than HS. If you could change something about this what would you do?
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having played a paladin and shaman before, it doesn't feel all that odd. I miss PvP orb spam (but it was admittedly overpowered) and some of the tactical options pre-placing orbs provides for solo PvE, but otherwise it's kind of nice just to have a traditional mouseover "flash heal" macro like every other hybrid.

Honestly? (Without considering pvp) I'd implement it now. I'm so used to healing myself up as a shaman when soloing. Healing spheres way too annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    I was actually wondering if they were gonna implement some kind of 'Predatory Swiftness' type deal, I dunno, kill an enemy that grants exp or honour & your next Surging Mists will be instant, or some such.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to see something along the lines of a quick cast time or instant that would say maybe consume chi for quicker results. Overall it is just a tad weird getting used to it. Im sure with some more beta play through I will find it more enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    I was actually wondering if they were gonna implement some kind of 'Predatory Swiftness' type deal, I dunno, kill an enemy that grants exp or honour & your next Surging Mists will be instant, or some such.
    I think that's what the healing spheres are supposed to do. I believe they will drop 100% of the time when you kill mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    It would be nice to see something along the lines of a quick cast time or instant that would say maybe consume chi for quicker results. Overall it is just a tad weird getting used to it. Im sure with some more beta play through I will find it more enjoyable
    I think the reason we don't have something like this is chi wave (at least on live) is a great heal when chain pulling stuff + blackout kick heal (when not in raid) + healing sphere spawn on killing blow (which I think is still in?)
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I think the reason we don't have something like this is chi wave (at least on live) is a great heal when chain pulling stuff + blackout kick heal (when not in raid) + healing sphere spawn on killing blow (which I think is still in?)
    Yeah, it's being buffed from a 50% chance to a guaranteed spawn on kill. They're basically making the Glyph of Afterlife baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, after successful KB a healing sphere does spawn. I'm also noticing a bug where I am getting healed by a HS as I am mounted up and roaming around so I gotta report that. I will say using SM does feel less "clunky" (sorry couldnt come up with another word) than HS, but again the ability to run to spheres while eluding death had its benefits lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Yeah, it's being buffed from a 50% chance to a guaranteed spawn on kill. They're basically making the Glyph of Afterlife baseline.
    Never did understand why there was a version of it to be random. Thought it was just "odd". Something that doesn't effect enjoyment of monk, but something that makes you go "huh? That's odd".

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I'll miss using a manual cast of healing spheres is on Blackfuse belts. We don't have any healers come near us for the whole fight, so I just place down as many as possible. Helps with overloads and mine explosions (if melee are being bad).

We'll live though without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When do you need to heal with healing sphere while soloing? Chi wave and expel harm is all that it takes.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    When do you need to heal with healing sphere while soloing? Chi wave and expel harm is all that it takes.
    When a 93 elite mob is beaten me down and expel harm and chi wave are on CD lol.Besides soloing, I used HS very often in Arena

From what I've seen Surging Mist is 60% weaker then healing spheres, and one cast of surging mist does less healing then expel harm on live
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)