Deleted

70 twinking-BIS List help

Heya, so I decided to make a 70 twink mage to just have as a character I can play for fun when not doing RBgs/Raids now, and I was wondering if anyones compiled a list of gems/stat prio/enchants / gear that's BiS for 2s for a mage? Will most likely play with a rogue/warr
    My proffs are eng+ Tailoring and I'm a human (Racial) - Many thanks in advance!

#1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Lack of MOP enchants? Wouldn't jade spirit be better/ more Power rather than resil?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimiane View Post
    Lack of MOP enchants? Wouldn't jade spirit be better/ more Power rather than resil?
    Don't know much about twinking, but what comes to Jade Spirit.. It is 1 of the worst enchants for sub 81 levels as it scales with level. And at 70 the bonus is only 83 sp.

havent used that char since 5.0 so no mop enchants. but back in the day, lemme tell you ol'power was a twink slayer
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    I just dropped tailoring for JC instead, is it still better?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldius/advanced

Replace the stamina stuff with int/crit/haste gems/enchants and the brutal off set pieces with tier 6 items if you want more damage instead of survivability.

I just dropped tailoring for JC instead, is it still better?
    Both are viable for casters. The jc neck is bis. The 2 jc rings are badass but i prefer the extra crit from the swp ring + the spell power proc from the Hyjal rep ring.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-07-11 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Don't know much about twinking, but what comes to Jade Spirit.. It is 1 of the worst enchants for sub 81 levels as it scales with level. And at 70 the bonus is only 83 sp.
    I don't know if this holds true for spell power enchants, but for the melee enchants...Crusader looks really boss on paper but in reality it is actually complete shit when compared to Dancing Steel because DS has such great uptime. At low levels, you are lucky to see a proc from crusader. I assume Jade Spirit is in a similar situation but can't really recall.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I don't know if this holds true for spell power enchants, but for the melee enchants...Crusader looks really boss on paper but in reality it is actually complete shit when compared to Dancing Steel because DS has such great uptime. At low levels, you are lucky to see a proc from crusader. I assume Jade Spirit is in a similar situation but can't really recall.

Yeah JS has huge uptime and no ICD, like Power Torrent provides more int but has a much larger ICD (45 sec iirc)

- - - Updated - - -

What would you say stat prio is for someone rolling with an arms warr? I'd guess go for DMG? So Hit>haste>Stam>Crit or?
    Also what enchants would ya reccomend

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Forgot that they downscaled even the level related enchants, so static enchant is only 41 sp is it.. still 41 sp vs 83 with random uptime. It's pretty even.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Valdius/simple

Considered the best 70 mage. Copy his gear. The procs from trinkets/his ring are very strong in arena. He logs in different gear all the time so check up on it until hes in your spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmerlin View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Valdius/simple

Considered the best 70 mage. Copy his gear. The procs from trinkets/his ring are very strong in arena. He logs in different gear all the time so check up on it until hes in your spec.

Isn't eng>Tailoring for the trinket/glove enchant? Also if I'm doing 2s with a warr should I go for more survival over DPS (Aka what this mage gemmed)

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't eng>Tailoring for the trinket/glove enchant? Also if I'm doing 2s with a warr should I go for more survival over DPS (Aka what this mage gemmed)

Also sorry , I guess glyph of mage armors is good vs melee, how come no Evocation glyph? Also is spellsteal glyph worth it? Thought 5% heal would be decent spam

- - - Updated - - -

Also sorry , I guess glyph of mage armors is good vs melee, how come no Evocation glyph? Also is spellsteal glyph worth it? Thought 5% heal would be decent spam

Neither are worth it. You will soon find that people die very quick at level 70. You wont be able to channel that evocate.

Deleted
    Tailoring or Engineering then?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inyth/advanced

Crimson Serpent is good enough but you might want to get Engineering trinket if you pick that, otherwise Tailor has Sunfire robe that's awesome but JC is obligatory, JC gems and the SWP neck recipes are so good.
    Last edited by Saft; 2014-07-13 at 02:33 PM.