Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Didn't know Nigel Farage posts on MMO-Champions, and with topics like this we see the usual posters defending states stripping the rights of their citizenry because these citizens happen to be Muslims and Muslims are bad "mmkay."
    So the overt subjugation of women in muslim culture is ok in your eyes. I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it this way, without the burka you wont know who to discriminate against, they could look just like REAL people!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

@Themius

Any other person is not allowed to full cover their face in public for any reason in many modern countries. This has been the case for years. Allowing someone to be exempt from a law because "religion!" is asking for it to get abused.

Chances are the ban IS a response to abuse and to combat the growing trend of the usage in recent years. Head garb is still fine but the full face covering has been becoming increasingly common and they're banning the usage of it in public.

Should I be exempt from the law for wearing my Malzahar outfit and hood in public because "I believe in the void and this is ok in my religion?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    He posted anonymously on a public forum...
    This is a private forum where only members are allowed to post. While almost anyone is welcome to join, that hardly makes it "public". Members can still be removed or prevented from participating. It is a private forum, even if it is open to generally anyone.

"public" refers to general communal spaces paid for through taxes. This isn't one of those.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

To counter the anti muslim/religion argument. Would you feel safe if everyone wore balaclavas publicly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamwheedle View Post
    All this pro-Islam bitching is sickening.

Burqas are a legitimate security concern. You can't tell if it's an innocent woman or a demented fanatic with an explosive vest attached to his/her chest under that thing. You can only partially see eyes, shrouded by a veil. I object to them as much as I object to people wearing motorcycle helmets or balaclavas in public, or at institutions like public buildings or banks.

That's saying nothing of the fact that, whether or not Islamist apologists or muslim women care to show a little intellectual honesty and acknowledge the point, the garment is a tool for the oppression of women. There is absolutely nothing tangible to suggest that any of the various gods people have dreamt up over the ages are real, and the formative individuals in almost all of these fancies - particularly the three monotheisms - are men. Men, not any god, made the absurd demand that women arbitrarily observe obscure fashion dictates.

For once, you leftist wankers would do well to stop associating with your chosen side on a particular issue and stand up for an issue on principle. Women, muslim or not, don't need your protection, they should be treated as the adults they are - not immune to scrutiny because they are women or muslim. Their unfounded beliefs, like the unfounded beliefs of any religious person, should be challenged and torn asunder in the (perhaps vain) hope that we might achieve some enlightenment for those firmly entrenched in archaic, dogmatic traditions.
    Can you provide a statistic of the number of crimes committed in Burqa/Niqab?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    So the overt subjugation of women in muslim culture is ok in your eyes. I see.
    You're subjugating women by telling them that they're not allowed to wear this particular article of clothing. You like the dictators in the Middle East are removing choice from these women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    To counter the anti muslim/religion argument. Would you feel safe if everyone wore balaclavas publicly?
    http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...is-d51uquw.png

I have an outfit just like this that I made for Pax East. I'm going to start wearing it in public and claim religion for being allowed to wear it, even though it's illegal for everyone else!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'm of the opinion you can worship whatever book of tales you wish, just keep it private and not public, and especially to not indoctrinate children into believing the tales.

I kind of wish the U.K would pursue the complete secular path, but our dickhead of a PM made some fairly pro-religious comments on us being a "Christian nation".
    so much this. I say the same about all religions in schools. And if people only want their children force feed religious indoctrination, do so at home in private teaching or at religious buildings.
    #boycottchina

You dont need statistics to claim that number, it is a tiny possibility and therefore its being banned.

You're subjugating women by telling them that they're not allowed to wear this particular article of clothing. You like the dictators in the Middle East are removing choice from these women.
    Leftists, radfems, multiculturalists, etc are always trying, in their eyes, to free western women from their imaginary patriarchal overlords. However, when legitimate subjugation and domination of women is found, it is considered an untouchable issue to these leftists because Christianity isn't involved.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

HA! As if they ever had a choice, they are brainwashed from birth.

The idea that this is about stopping crimes is laughable. Did any of you bother to think that through? A bunch of bank robbers are about to do their job, when one of them checks Wikipedia and sees that wearing masks in public is banned! "Guys we have to call the operation off, it's illegal to wear masks." lmfao.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not necessary, I'm not invoking crime statistics or precedent in my argument. What I'm saying is that it's near impossible to identify who is under thar burqa. That makes it an effective tool for committing crimes, just like a balaclava or a motorcycle helmet, only worse - because the burqa is a full-body garment, it can potentially be used to disguise other distinguishing features such as build, complexion or even height (to a degree).

You simply cannot deny that a burqa has the capacity to conceal these things. Whether or not it has been in the past, it has a singularly effective property of being able to conceal almost every recognisable characteristic about an individual in an unprecedented way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    In the mere 30 or 40 years in which the Darth Burqa outfit has come roaring into usage, who would take seriously the idea that the women are wearing them by 'choice', if to not wear them risks some false notion of honor that would *best case* have them cast out of their families and communities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The UK is one of a handful of western states with a bona fide state religion... but which also have religious liberty for non-practitioners. Which is pretty much universal for de jure Christian states.
    Meh, Church of England.

It's the beige of international religions.

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    If you had to choose between a random Christian country or a random (hindu/buddhist/atheist[china]/muslim) country, which one would you choose?

To live in, obviously.
    Probably the latter. I'd be able to get by in Japan. Don't have to deal with smug assholes like you there.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.euronews.com/2014/07/01/f...-rights-court/

Finally some sensible rulings from people in power.
    Wonder how long until they decide that Orthodox Jewish garb for women is illegal?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Meh, Church of England.

It's the beige of international religions.
    funny thing since it was the only religion my mother tried to sign up to when I was a kid, though never attended anything to do with it. Over time she stopped trying for any faith, and when I came out as an atheist, she kind of followed, or kind of became agnostic, someone who doesn't follow any faith, but isn't prepared to give up on the chance their could be something out there.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    You dont need statistics to claim that number, it is a tiny possibility and therefore its being banned.
    With that logic, there is a long list of things that should be banned because of a small possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Leftists, radfems, multiculturalists, etc are always trying, in their eyes, to free western women from their imaginary patriarchal overlords. However, when legitimate subjugation and domination of women is found, it is considered an untouchable issue to these leftists because Christianity isn't involved.
    If a woman choose by her own will to wear a Hijab/Niqab/Burqa, then it is her right to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Do you think that also applies to second/third generations of immigrants which is the demographic that this law affects.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamwheedle View Post
    It's not necessary, I'm not invoking crime statistics or precedent in my argument. What I'm saying is that it's near impossible to identify who is under thar burqa. That makes it an effective tool for committing crimes, just like a balaclava or a motorcycle helmet, only worse - because the burqa is a full-body garment, it can potentially be used to disguise other distinguishing features such as build, complexion or even height (to a degree).

You simply cannot deny that a burqa has the capacity to conceal these things. Whether or not it has been in the past, it has a singularly effective property of being able to conceal almost every recognisable characteristic about an individual in an unprecedented way.
    Did you actually try to walk with Burqa on? It is an ineffective piece of shit and you'd hinder yourself more by wearing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    funny thing since it was the only religion my mother tried to sign up to when I was a kid, though never attended anything to do with it. Over time she stopped trying for any faith, and when I came out as an atheist, she kind of followed, or kind of became agnostic, someone who doesn't follow any faith, but isn't prepared to give up on the chance their could be something out there.
    I think attending church is an optional extra as far as the Church of England goes.

As is believing in God.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The idea that this is about stopping crimes is laughable. Did any of you bother to think that through? A bunch of bank robbers are about to do their job, when one of them checks Wikipedia and sees that wearing masks in public is banned! "Guys we have to call the operation off, it's illegal to wear masks." lmfao.
    im guessing you missed the part where bank robbers wait till the last second to put on their masks and immediately remove it as soon as they feel they are "out of range". why? you might ask, so as to not draw attention to themselves or their intent. we take for granted, people wearing a Burqa are innocent. a few bad people have ruined it for the lot. making it illegal now draws attention to anyone wearing it, thus making it an attention getter to those wishing to exploit the use of the Burqa. it wont completely stop this misuse, but it will make using it just as much of a hindrance to potential criminals as any other facial covering/mask.

you have no one to blame but the criminals exploiting your religious ideas.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-07-01 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.