Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    I think you can, actually. You just can't sell it or trade and it can't be more than a certain amount, like homemade beer.
    Sounds anti small business to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, let me be my usual asshole self here - but with humans now exceeding 7 billions and pretty much fucking the planet up (not to mention that our generation faces old age poverty), I say: Legalize anything that helps people kill themselves
    We would still pay for their stupidity. I guess it would work if they weren't allowed to get insurance or have their unpaid bills subsidized by others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    That's like saying that seperating us by race keeps us "in line". Religion is fine, but only if everyone believes the same bullshit. Otherwise it's just a opportunity for people to fight against each other. There are numerous examples of it!.
    And Mao killed, conservatively, 40 million people... that's more than the Holocaust, Spanish Inquisition, and Crusades combined.

Seems people have no problem killing others if their ideals don't comport with theirs regardless of whether they think a deity wills it or not. Hell, Stalin and Mao both seemed to be the most efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I was going to make a post agreeing with this. Ban tobacco, then allow the companies/people to replace it with cannabis. Sounds great.
    Again, this point raises the same question...

Pot didn't prove "unobtainable" when it was/where it is illegal. Yet somehow cigarettes would be?

I mean hell, this system would still let people buy cigarettes and just give (read, sell again) to people who are unable to buy them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how smoking can really REALLY fuck you over financially, mentally and especially physically later on in life, this seems like a good idea to me.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Considering how smoking can really REALLY fuck you over financially, mentally and especially physically later on in life, this seems like a good idea to me.
    Bans generally do not work since it creates black markets. The most effective options we have seen thus far are high taxes, plain packaging, and a ban on advertising. This should be the case with alcohol and pharmaceuticals as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Bans generally do not work since it creates black markets. The most effective options we have seen thus far are high taxes, plain packaging, and a ban on advertising. This should be the case with alcohol and pharmaceuticals as well.
    And this black market doesn't even require an underground trade... it would literally just be people buying cigarettes and selling them to other people.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And this black market doesn't even require an underground trade... it would literally just be people buying cigarettes and selling them to other people.
    Exactly. But it might deter a lot of people who would have otherwise bought some themselves to not bother asking someone to buy for them.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__