Crytek's F2P Shooter - Warface - Has Finally Launched on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291480/

It came out last year, and I'm surprised that absolutely no one made a thread about it.

Regardless; it's yet another Cross-Fire clone; this time following suit with Activision's "Near-Future" theme of special forces operations. Yes, it runs on Cryengine, but not 4. Right now it's current engine is using the third rendition. Crytek has mentioned an upgrade to the current engine is possible, but...well...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uture-in-Doubt

I'd be skeptical that the game could survive long, considering how there are hundreds of other quality F2P shooters out there, and none of them could ever live up to Cross-Fire's 1 billion a year in revenue. Still, might be worth a look!

Wonder if this means the people on the floor will finally get paid.

So I can actually pause a download now, rather than having to start from scratch and go through the whole thing.
    That is why I never actually got round to installing it before.
    Will finally get to give it a go.

Really, who thinks that design is still a good idea.

I don't actually think I have come across that Cross-Fire before.
    If anyone can offer any opinions on either it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-07-01 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It was technically impressive when it was a browser based game.

But as a stand along client (which it's been for a while before their Steam launch), it's pretty ho-hum. Can't think of a single thing that makes it stick out over any other shooter.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh.. another game i have to register for

no thanks..
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was technically impressive when it was a browser based game.

But as a stand along client (which it's been for a while before their Steam launch), it's pretty ho-hum. Can't think of a single thing that makes it stick out over any other shooter.
    It was never a true browser based game though. With the Gface site it still downloaded the entire game client onto your computer, it simply launched the client through the browser.

Gun-play is nice in the game, but that doesn't really hold it up among the other F2P shooters out there. Blacklight Retribution (good game, bad management), Planetside 2, Ghost Recon Phantoms, Loadout. There are so many good F2P shooters out there, its pretty tough competition when this game doesn't really have much unique to it.

If it was a F2P Crysis Wars 2 or something along those lines it would be pretty awesome, but another modern military lobby shooter with next to no unique feature (hell it's not even that Graphically impressive) it simply Depressing.

And to clear up an earlier post by someone; there is no CryEngine 4. It's simply CryENGINE now. If you want to go by version number then they are still on CryEngine 3: 3.6.something I believe.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2014-07-02 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    It was never a true browser based game though. With the Gface site it still downloaded the entire game client onto your computer, it simply launched the client through the browser.
    I do not remember it downloading the full client onto my computer. It definitely didn't take the amount of time to launch it as it would if I had downloaded multiple GB of data.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    Gun-play is nice in the game, but that doesn't really hold it up among the other F2P shooters out there. Blacklight Retribution (good game, bad management), Planetside 2, Ghost Recon Phantoms, Loadout. There are so many good F2P shooters out there, its pretty tough competition when this game doesn't really have much unique to it.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. There's just nothing about it that makes it stand out in the crowd of existing F2P shooters.

Yeah, I saw it the steam store. Immediately thought of this:

Played it for a bit. I agree with the reviews of the game. Pretty bland and generic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generic shooter, not worth my bandwidth.

Crytek hasn't made a good GAME since Crysis 1. Crysis 2,3 and Ryse all where sure great tech demos showing off their engine though.

Struggling developer + crappy f2p market = not something worth downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Crytek hasn't made a good GAME since Crysis 1. Crysis 2,3 and Ryse all where sure great tech demos showing off their engine though.

Struggling developer + crappy f2p market = not something worth downloading.
    QFT

They should have named it "Shyt".