Thread: The Ogre female

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    During Burning Crusade we never saw a female model of

* Ogres
    * Arakkoa
    * Broken Draenei
    * Ethereals

During Cataclysm we got really really shitty female Worgen, and also never got female versions of those Cat-centaur things in Uldum.

During Mists of Pandaria the Mogu were the focus of the expansion for the first half and we only saw females as a single raid boss.

I predict we'll never see female Ogres because Blizzard is run by white males. Blizzard has next-to-no diversity, which is part of why the alliance is made up of white cultures (except finally the Pandaren), and every other race in the game is a non-white racial stereotype.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knough View Post
    I think all races should have both genders, it feels silly to invade a "massive ogre encampment" and find.. nothing but men, like I've wondered into a stag weekend.
    Plot Twist: All the ogre's we've ever interacted with were actually just offshoots of Clan Sausage Party.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Ogres should have been a playable race in WoD. And tbh so should Etherals and Arakkoa have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    Ogres should have been a playable race in WoD. And tbh so should Etherals and Arakkoa have been.
    Arrakoa maybe, but not ethereals. Since this alternate Draenor never went kablooey, ethereals never became a thing there.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Plot Twist: All the ogre's we've ever interacted with were actually just offshoots of Clan Sausage Party.
    Their clan anthem is "Oh Yeah" by Yello.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarcelus View Post
    IF we can keep Bladespire, would be nice to see some female Ogres doing things in the fortress.
    like twerking or maybe doing the nasty with one of the big boys

10+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere, I'm not sure if it's just speculation, that two-headed Ogres can have two-headed children. I hope that's true because Dagg'um Ty'gor from the TCG is badass.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard resents having to make female models of anything since we just about never get them for any non-playable species. It's super strange. A bunch of those species could have easily been made unisex but they instead often make a conscious effort to have them be dude creatures. It's a weird policy but I imagine it just comes down to Blizzard culture being a little toxic. Lady ogres would've been mad neat in this expack surrounded by ogres.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard doesn't care enough to make females of races that they are only going to use once, in fact Vrykul, Mogu and Mantid are the ONLY non-playable race that has female models since vanilla and Mogu and Mantid have females exclusively for raid bosses. I mean I'm super hopeful we'll see at least a female ogre and Arakkoa but, that probably won't happen.

Maybe they are all females anyway. Dun dun dun!!! They're just confused.

If ogres become a playable race in the expansion after WoD (I hope they do!), I wouldn't be surprised if only male ogres can be created.

Less modelling work for Blizz, and - I agree - noone has seen ogre females depicted or otherwise featured anywhere, pretty much...

Regarding 2 heads, that would be cool as a customisation option when you create your char, but I'd have no idea what they'd need to do with the helmets?

What, would it just duplicate the image of the same helmet on both heads??

I'd play one.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    It's because of the following Catch 22: The artists are proud enough to want to draw believable female ogres, but if they draw believable female ogres there is no way in hell they'll have drawings to be proud of.

:P
    Very much this for the artists at Blizzard.
    To this day, I can only think of two where Blizzard actually carried through with art matching the concept, Therazane and Theradras. If I recall correctly, the ogre masks were added after the goblin and worgen masks in an attempt to cover up the accident they made by releasing the Cata updated Hallows End files too early.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard was lazy and didn't include female ogre models. There's no reason required beyond that.

When they DO include them, they could just pretend they were there the whole time, honestly. I don't think it would deserve that much of a fuss.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually there is a female Arakkoa in the one of the dungeon quests. Uses the same model as the males but I can't imagine a 'monstrous bird-thing' being very feminine.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I read somewhere, I'm not sure if it's just speculation, that two-headed Ogres can have two-headed children. I hope that's true because Dagg'um Ty'gor from the TCG is badass.
    Holy crap I want that character in the game. He is approaching Fo sho Knucklebump in terms of awesome.

The fact is the playerbase doesnt want female ogres, and when a new model is made, just having it be male is enough in most cases anyway (unless the character is human enough to have sex appeal - with nice breasts etc).

Nobody wants to see fat, female ogres.

I hope if they do make ogre females they look ugly as fuck as they should. It's so weird how they make females so much different from the males of the animalistic and brutish races. Orc, troll and Worgen female body structure looks like they aren't even the same species as the male. Go look up male and female trolls and ogres in EQ1 they did it up right. (Pre-luclin models)

Ogres have no sexual dimorphism save for what's hidden under the fat rolls.

I think it's pretty cool when Blizzard includes female models for enemy races without over-sexualizing them (e.g. Vrykul, Quillboars, Mantid). I didn't like the Mogu female at all until I read the reasoning behind it which was pretty much that Lei Shen made them out of stone to be his sex dolls. I'm kinda glad they didn't make a female Sha though; can't imagine that would have turned out well, despite how cool it would have had the potential to be.

On the other hand, I don't really understand the need for female models in some cases because some races don't really have a way to.. well.. show that they're female. Arakkoa and Ethereals, for example. Tossing some boobs on them wouldn't make much sense. Throwing a dress on them would be kind of bigoted. Long hair would be even worse. So would making them sway their hips or something. Only thing you're reasonably left with is giving them female voice actors but that doesn't affect the model.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Why do you think they've never added them to the game?
    Until WoW, there were no female Dwarves, Gnomes, High Elves or Tauren. The models in the RTS series were mostly male, they had to add a lot of female models once WoW rolled around and they were playable.

The real answer is that making two genders for every race doubles the amount of modelling work required. Same reason there was only one gender of each alien race in Mass Effect (except for a SINGLE female Turian in an ME3 DLC) - with various canon excuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.