Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Grimoire of Sacrifice completely changed forcing you to have a demon

Anyone else annoyed with the Grimoire of Sacrifice change? I thought the concept was to have a choice of being able to play without a pet?

Source: http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/156656-...e-of-sacrifice

10+ Year Old Account
    As above: source

(it's still dreadful though, unless they're making Pet Crits generate extra Fury)

If it's only not petless for demo i'm ok with that, they should've done something more interesting like sac turns imp swarm into an imp portal like on the kanrethad fight spawning more imps more consistantly. I guess that'd take too much time and effort.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2014-04-05 at 03:08 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, still needs tweeking. Maybe also add a reduction to the cool down of Imp Swarm, like Gohzerlock said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    If it's only not petless for demo i'm ok with that, they should've done something more interesting like sac turns imp swarm into an imp portal like on the kanrethad fight spawning more imps more consistantly. I guess that'd take too much time and effort.
    That would also probably take a lot of money for people to fix their computers after they explode. Imagine one of those "25 warlocks" raids... you can start the raid and have a barbecue in 5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    That would also probably take a lot of money for people to fix their computers after they explode. Imagine one of those "25 warlocks" raids... you can start the raid and have a barbecue in 5 minutes.
    Just gonna leave this here.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Just gonna leave this here.....
    some wotlk icc gimmick doesn't seem like a fair point.

Well nobody ever was hiding that warlock is a pet class so if you don't like your pet maybe mage is a good alternative ?

Really? We have to have that discussion again?

Why petless is good to have as an option sometimes?

Deleted
    Well wen i said tanking is good option for lock people flamed me that they don't want options so why petless should be anything good as an options.

I think many people don't see it is demonology only (this talent) and they freakout prematurely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post

Well nobody ever was hiding that warlock is a pet class so if you don't like your pet maybe mage is a good alternative ?
    I.. did you read what I responded to?

Remember at one time you could sacrifice the Voidwalker when he was going to die to gain a damage absorption shield with an awesome animation? Then they changed it to "sacrifice a few of the Voidwalker's hit points" to gain the shield instead.

Same thing with the Death Knight ability Death Pact. Makes absolutely NO sense that it doesn't sacrifice your ghoul anymore.

And now Grimoire of Sacrifice. It used to be sacrifice your DEMON and give you increased DAMAGE. Awesome concept and situational for certain fights. Well now we sacrifice our CRIT CHANCE. So lame.

edit: OK if this is only for Demonology that makes much more sense. At first I thought this was a blanket change. I can relax now
    Last edited by Bridius; 2014-04-05 at 10:22 PM.

at the moment it is something they are toying with....

You sacrifice your demon to gain one of its abilities, increase the critical strike chance of many of your single target spells by 35% and regenerate 2% of maximum health every 8 sec. Lasts for 10 sec.

Summoning another demon cancels the effect.

Critical strike chance of Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis Melee, and Wild Imps increased by 35%.

Critical strike chance of Malefic Grasp and Haunt increased by 35%.

Critical strike chance of Incinerate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, and Shadowburn increased by 35%.
    Spells modified by Fire and Brimstone are unaffected.

another idea they are toying with personally i think the hp8 is a waste of time for a 10s skill

but as i said they are toying with it to keep it balanced while gear gets better, if they make it an hour again i'll still take it, imp swarm will be a major fury gen

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post

You sacrifice your demon to gain one of its abilities, increase the critical strike chance of many of your single target spells by 35% and regenerate 2% of maximum health every 8 sec. Lasts for 10 sec.

Critical strike chance of Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis Melee, and Wild Imps increased by 35%.

Critical strike chance of Incinerate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, and Shadowburn increased by 35%.

another idea they are toying with personally i think the hp8 is a waste of time for a 10s skill

but as i said they are toying with it to keep it balanced while gear gets better, if they make it an hour again i'll still take it, imp swarm will be a major fury gen
    So basically kind of a different version of what failed in the mop beta, great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post

Lol the video title clearly says 5.4 Obv some wotlk icc gimmick. As a wise man once said " You iz dum... You iz really dum "

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE THIS!!!!! I want strong minions!!! I missed when Demonology focused on strong pets, now those days are coming back! I want a strong succubus and Grimoire of Supremacy replaced her, Grimoire of Sacrifice killed her, and Grimoire of Service didn't buff her. So I really hope they go through with this so I can have an upgraded succubus.

Come my minions, rise for your master!
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2014-04-06 at 05:05 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

That would be REALLY good for Destro, and kind of meh for the other two specs. CB damage would still be increased due to how the mechanic works, and with that much crit, we'd be casting a lot more of them. I mean, shit, combine that with the leveling perk: ]Empowered Incinerate - Your Incinerate has 20% additional critical strike chance] and then factor in base crit of 5% and that's a 60% crit chance without even factoring in gear. That is absolutely INSANE
    Last edited by Xorn; 2014-04-06 at 07:16 AM.

I'm ok of Demo does not having a chance to Sac your demo.
    But I think that option should allow demo to have "buffed pet" ability aswell.

10+ Year Old Account

Two things:

Metamorphosis melee? WTF?

Why would you think it would make Imp Swarm any stronger a Fury generator?

This better be demo only.