View Poll Results: What are your thought regarding running away after ganking

Voters
117. This poll is closed
  • Hahaha I got away to gank you another day

53 45.30%
  • I feel embarrassed I had to run

8 6.84%
  • This is part of playing a rogue and I am not ashamed of it, but I wish I didn't need it

27 23.08%
  • I play my rogue purely because of this reason

29 24.79%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Long time rogue here, and my answer is I choose my fights, and I also choose how I end them. I feel no shame in having been outplayed and having to abort. That being said, I don't go bang my head against a guardian/blood/brewmaster/protection wall.

I'll be honest, stealth and vanish are the only reason I play rogue. It's nice to be able to pick my fights, and escape when it isn't going my way. I hate dying, so it's nice to be able to avoid death in most situations, assuming I'm not fighting a hunter. But I don't see it as a draw or anything, it's definitely still a loss if I have to run and don't reopen. But it's still better than actually dying, so I'll take it.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2014-07-05 at 10:41 AM.

Honestly, If I kill a rogue when I know he has his escapes up, im disappointed in them.

Maybe you weren't outgeared and outclassed. Maybe you were outplayed hard. Though on a small level, any sort of gankers that can invis/run away easily is pretty frustrating at times.

I don't play my rogue that often, but your poll choices are heavily biased. Class balance may be poor, but at least in terms of gameplay everything is "fair game" within the given toolkits.
    Stay salty my friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Rogues are just meant to gank, it's basically like the sun setting and rising each day.
    And the people who have a real issue with it, you know what happens? They roll rogue. And then the die in a stun and don't understand why they aren't op.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long time rogue player. Rogues are the squishiest class in the entire game. We have some great CDs but once used our last resort is to vanish and wait for CDs or run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use the tools that were given to me.. of course I will do everything I can to survive. I don't enjoy corpse runs losing my buffs or getting camped. Yes even if I attempt a gank and fail, which usually doesn't happen because I pick my targets very carefully ;p

I am not giggling like a little school girl when I get away, if that is what you're wondering lol.

Rogue is #1 for escaping ganks and is great when you're out in the world questing with no friends around on a pvp server..

Even better, I have many lulz with my engineering on my rogue... cannot count how many times that glider has saved my life.

Sounds like you're looking for ethics in an asshole's game. If you're going to pvp, and you're good at it you're going to adapt to what's happening, and if you're about to die resetting the fight is a good idea. Every class has that, not just rogues! You said you play a feral druid right? What about when you can use incarnation and restealth whenever it's off CD? What about when you can morph in/out and bypass any slows/roots and run away yourself? What about your ursoc/shieldwall/HotW heals/etc... Every class has their toolkits.

Do you have a god complex or something and want to control everyone? This is an MMO not ancient greece, it's not like you're shaming your family by restealthing.

My personal opinion is if you're going to gank someone in the first place you're already a "coward." Are you surprised when a liar lies to you?

Deleted
    Yep, that's the best thing of playing rogue.

Deleted
    Let's be honest, I'll be the first to admit I'm a coward irl and this is a big part of why I chose Rogue. I've always been drawn to stealth gameplay though.

The rogue I sometimes play isn't my main, but when I do gank, I usually decide within the first few seconds if I'm going to vanish and run or not. Once I see how squishy my target is, I either decide to use vanish offensively or defensively. Once I'm committed, I'll generally hold vanish until I see some cooldowns come out. At that point, I'll either bail if the target is too tough/annoying, or wait out the cooldowns and then jump back in for the kill.

I gank, but I don't camp. I still have fond memories of dropping down a little RC car in orgrimmar, luring players to attack it, and killing them with throwing knives. Good times.

If you can't relish in being a rogue, there's hardly a point in choosing the class at all, and you can't toy with npcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    If rogues had honor they would be monks. Rogues are the quintessential PvP class and soloist. I've been ganked by more rogues than I have ganked and I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    Just to be clear, this isn't intended as a QQ thread. More of an amused observation of my own biases in WoW.

To be honest this just sounds like your are QQing.

Have you even played rogue? Do you know how they are right now? They are not meant to stand toe to toe with anyone. A rogue is not a warrior they don't have many defensive cool-downs to tank damage and shrug it off. Against casters we got cloak of shadows and against melee we got evasion. See the connection here? These cool-downs are to actually prevent the rogue from taking damage. They aren't like 20% damage reduction or 40% damage reduction. Also these have to be used carefully and planned throughout the fight. A rogue without CDs is a dead and useless rogue.

Yeah they gank, yeah they run off when the fight is not in their favor but guess what, that's how a rogue is. There is nothing to be shamed or embarrassed about the rogue class because that is how they roll.

Regardless of how fascinated and inclined I am to play plate-wearing classes for aesthetical reasons, I will always be a rogue at heart simply because I can fight whom I want and end the fight how I want. The power to engage and disengage combat in PvP is the best feeling in the game because the tears taste extra sweet that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardcook14 View Post
    Regardless of how fascinated and inclined I am to play plate-wearing classes for aesthetical reasons, I will always be a rogue at heart simply because I can fight whom I want and end the fight how I want. The power to engage and disengage combat in PvP is the best feeling in the game because the tears taste extra sweet that way.
    It's sort of how like animal meat tends to get ruined by stress hormones, well player tears taste so much sweeter when they've shat their pants pre-crying.

It is just my sense of fair play that he who initiates should not be allowed to run away
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrF5x1OSJuQ

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...in-part-1.html

real talk real talk, read that article.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only gank people when they attacked me when im grinding or whatever. Then i just go mad and gank the shit out of them.

Continue my buisiness, and when he/she comes back for more ill pwn the shit out of him till he derps off.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I really don't understand the "fair fight" attitude, in the game or in real life.

Especially on the isle, especially after they bumped the CD on censer up to 1 hr. If I feel like I'm going to have to wait another 45 min before I can resume collecting coins, then I'm going to vanish and run away instead of staying and losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I hate it too when it happens to me, but the more and more I play a rogue, the more I realize I have to sometimes.