Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

why use time on the girlfriend / married race?

I am a 31 year old who has never had a girlfriend / wife etc. And I have started to wonder why people bother to spend time on it. I would therefore like to hear from those who are already a wife the posetive and negative things about it? And for those who have chosen to be single: What consideration has made ​​you?

Because being lonely or sleeping around is not fulfilling for me. I enjoy my boyfriend because he's my best friend and lover all rolled into one.

10+ Year Old Account
    the sandwiches
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by beer119 View Post
    And for those who have chosen to be single: What consideration has made ​​you?
    Won't go too much into detail but basically after a 7 year relationship with a girl including moving together, building up a household etc. I found that I was pushed into directions that I'd never chosen myself. It was like, everything she did was alright but as soon as it was about me and my individuality things went haywire. Now you might say that's more the fault of the girl than mine and surely things might turn out differently with a different girl but now that I know what I have to look out for I must say these manipulative, control-crazy traits are found in almost any girl I've come to know better, and I surely wouldn't want to switch places with their boyfriends / husbands. It's as if the whole principle of "giving yourself up for someone else" is just not working for me. I also don't need anyone to "correct" me. Call me egoist, narcissist, what you want. I'm better off by myself, I'm more happy by myself, and the best thing is, after what I've been through in these 7 years I know exactly what I'm talking about; the pain, the anxiety, the gut-wrenching hopelessness are all too present. For nothing in this world I would repeat the mistake.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Companionship is an essential human need to well being. Those that think they are happier without it will rue their decisions one day. Keep in mind that this is coming from a pretty antisocial introvert, who is happily married. People who get into crappy relationships and think all relationships must be like that just plain suck at picking out partners and only have themselves to blame.

This is all my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason why you prefer coca cola over pepsi. Just people don't like to live alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirulon View Post
    Because being lonely or sleeping around is not fulfilling for me. I enjoy my boyfriend because he's my best friend and lover all rolled into one.
    This pretty much, I can't imagine being alone it must be a really sad way of living ( for me personally ), having someone that shares your interests and that you enjoy spending time with and doing whatever activities is just the best thing.

Deleted
    For me finding one is really hard, i don't even know where you're supposed to go or what to do to find one. Virgin forever!

I choose to be single because I haven't made any connections to any of the females in my classes or paired sororities and having a boyfriend would make living in the fraternity house too uncomfortable for a lot of my bros.

But, perhaps to answer your real question, I suppose the reason one would "bother" with getting married or partnering with someone is for the sake of that emotional and physical connection. The warmth of their body beside you or having that one person you can almost always rely on, talk to, and joke around with. However there are a lot of people who do prefer to be lone wolves or simply free spirits with no strings attached. If it works for them kudos to them. Ultimately I feel that the majority of human beings prefer to have a close relationship with someone, at least for now anyway.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2014-07-02 at 08:43 AM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

I've only had two serious relationships, one that lasted for 7 years and one currently, and it's really nice to have someone you can be with.

Giving up is one thing, but to pretend to think that a relationship is worthless because you've failed so far is a little silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oluchi View Post
    For me finding one is really hard, i don't even know where you're supposed to go or what to do to find one. Virgin forever!
    I can't imagine the naked pony with wings for your avatar has much of an effect on this either.

Deleted
    forever alone!
    \o/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oluchi View Post
    i think the general idea is to grab a fedora, grow a kneck beard and man-boobs and become a wizard.

I have to wait for my wife to come home from work before I can ask her, but my girlfriend says that it's more fun than being lonely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I really enjoy the companionship. My partner is a great guy to be around and I love the time we spend together. As cheesy as it sounds, he's my best friend and my lover.
    You had a bad experience and I can understand you feeling put off by relationships because of it. You may change your mind later, you may not, but don't make the mistake of thinking that all relationships are like the one you had. That's simply not true.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Because I found a person that I connect with in so many ways, that I love more than anything else, who I can talk to about anything, he is always there to give me a cuddle, a smile, or an encouraging word. Who supports me in all that I do, but also tells me when i am being an arse. Someone who is the kindest and sweetest person I have ever had the fortune to meet, he also make me laugh, has a wicked sense of humor and is respectful and polite too. Almost 12 years with my man and it still feels like day one. Having someone in your life that can bring all this into your life is a wonderful thing!

Deleted
    Because boobies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I have to wait for my wife to come home from work before I can ask her, but my girlfriend says that it's more fun than being lonely.
    ask her girlfriend man..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I accepted my place as a loser, I don't really have a choice. No woman would want anything to do with me, so there is no chance of being with a woman unless I pay her for services or take by force.

It sucks but everything seems to be lacking these days. At leastno one gives me any trouble when I'm occupied working, or want to waste my life on things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people find enjoyment in relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by beer119 View Post
    I am a 31 year old who has never had a girlfriend / wife etc. And I have started to wonder why people bother to spend time on it. I would therefore like to hear from those who are already a wife the posetive and negative things about it? And for those who have chosen to be single: What consideration has made ​​you?
    You don't want to be the old guy with no wife and no kids.