Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't we undress the problem instead?

It was to easy I couldn't help myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    It should be acceptable to have in computer games but shouldnt be obligatory in them. What a developer puts in their computer game is their progative and shouldn't be dictated by community. It is the communities right to buy or not buy, likewise a developers right to listen to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Unfortunately even if a male character just happens to mention having a boyfriend in passing there's a lot of people who try to make it out as if sexuality is being shoved down their throats. It's even more hilarious when they don't apply that same train of thought to a female character stating in passing that she has a boyfriend.
    I basically just wanted to re-quote this, because it brings up a rather unsatisfactory idea about how people "think" gay people are portrayed. Mentioning they had a husband that died is not shoving sexuality down your throat. Sure, it might be totally ham-handed as a reason for you to care about the character, and is lazy ass writing, but it isn't shoving anything down into you...unless you want it. I guess. Then by all means!

- - - Updated - - -

Admittedly I am on the fence when it comes to portrayal of sexuality in any form of entertainment. If it's done tastefully and has a purpose to the story and plot in some fashion, sure, why shy away from it? It's something damn near every human on the planet will eventually have experience with, it IS a part of the human experience (gay or not), and can be a great catalyst when it comes to writing dynamic interactions between characters, for good or bad. Then, there's unnecessary strippers throwing tittays in the background while some supposedly deep and meaningful diatribe is going on. That is just a lazy as hell way of saying "hey, why not? You like tittays, don't ya? What are you, GAY?" Well...kind of?

Closing this as this thread has become problematic and people have issues discussing things as adults. It would be more suited to GenOT than the VG forums due to how easy it is to stray off the topic of video games.