Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Servers offline for near 14 hours.

What is the main reason to have every server down for around 14 hours if there aint a patch coming.
    It's a bit ridicilous if you ask me. And Connected realms never took them this long either, so what are they even doing in those 14 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    something broke, we will never find out what

We will never get an actual apology, It happened before. will happen again

Gamon is kicking out Vol'jin from throne.

Deleted

Longest server downtime ever ?

With the new extension of the maintainance to 17:00 Cest we are looking at 14 hours of server downtime.

My question is, what was the longest period of time when the server where down. I've been playing this game for 8 years now, but i cant really remember servers ever being down for more than 12 hours.

Mod-note: Locked original thread, others of same topic. Current posts to be merged with another thread.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-02 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Extended for two more hours.

Dont' know about you(EU\US) but we(RU) had some problems with loginservers earlier this week, maybe its connected.

Deleted
    Kind of annoying, was supposed to be doing SoO with the guild but now the maintenance is extended far past what we had thought, ah well, what can you do, shit happens.

I recall during The Burning Crusade, servers would technically be down for a few days after patches, as the bugs, restarts, lag and crashes would last for days.

I recall sometime it being a good day or two, but I can't quite remember.

If you've been playing for 8 years you should be able to remember alot of these long maintenances.....

They might preparing the servers for a future patch, och maybe they are working on improving them. It can be anything =)

15+ Year Old Account
    My question is - why does this only ever seem to happen in EU?

I remember in wrath (especially after it was released) servers being off for almost 1-2 days straight was not uncommon. They even gave free days

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been down for a while, also in my case they will be down Friday as well as my Main Server is getting connected (finally). Bit annoying, wanted to get my armada of World Boss kills out of the way, and make a decent push on capping a lower geared alt using LFR (Valor, Upgrades and items for CMs).

Oh well, it happens I guess.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I expect the same thing to happen after this long downtime. Blizzard will need to give free day for that. I guess same thing happened during Cataclysm aswell.

In Bc my server Durotan was down for a week or two for some upgrade or something. it was long enough that my guild had made a "summer home" on another server.

There are probably some technical issues that needs sorting out, maybe they are doing actual maintenance instead of server restarts, who knows.

Deleted
    OH NOES! This might mean you could have to go out in freaking summer, or do something else (other than fapping) like read a book, go down town, play something else. Yes its irritating that the servers are off for a while, but men from the Waffen SS are not going to come round and shoe your head in just because you're not playing so relax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    OH NOES! This might mean you could have to go out in freaking summer, or do something else (other than fapping) like read a book, go down town, play something else. Yes its irritating that the servers are off for a while, but men from the Waffen SS are not going to come round and shoe your head in just because you're not playing so relax.
    considering people pay for this game they have a right to complain when they cannot play it, don't be so dense.

hamster's died and the pet store is closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    My question is - why does this only ever seem to happen in EU?
    Because Blizzard mostly cares about US first. Just look at the Blue Tracker on the front page: EU is 90% "This thread is now locked".