Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah, it's just a CYA thing more than a deterrent. Helps keep the site owners from getting sued by parents who weren't supervising their kids.

And yeah...we've probably all done it. I used to pick some random date from the 1950s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I always used to put my real birthday until I started having to scroll down to find the year. Now it's depressing.
    Also this. I was kind of proud at first when I was old enough to honestly tell those things my birthdate, but it's at the point now where they just make me feel old.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-07-03 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Someone underage lies about their age and gets in a 18+ section, you then post some "adult content" did you still break the law by providing obscene material to a minor?
    No, because the minor lied about their age to get in the site, and the site cannot be expected to vet every single connection to their website.

I get a little depressed every time I notice how much longer it's taking to scroll down to 1983.

It says something interesting about the frivolousness of the civil legal system that a few meaningless clicks on some numbers can prevent a lawsuit.
    Last edited by Aitch; 2014-07-03 at 01:19 PM.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    I get a little depressed every time I notice how much longer it's taking to scroll down to 1983.

It says something interesting about the frivolousness of the civil legal system that a few meaningless clicks on some numbers can prevent a lawsuit.
    oh to be in my early-thirties again!

damn kids.... /grump