For God's sake and for all that's Holy!
THAT GUY is not Khadgar at all ... maybe it's an elderly Anduin, but clearly IS NOT Khadgar ... Almost I prefer his placeholder model from a week ago ...
Well... considering that Blizzard has no fucking idea of their games' lore, that fudge is somewhat understandable ... But for that we are here!
Let's see, some of the basic features of Khadgar are:
- Khadgar has an appearance of an old man of at least 80 years
- Khadgar is slightly bald for the front side
- Khadgar has a long gray beard that reaches to his waist
- Khadgar wears robes of purple color (like a good Archmage of Dalaran)
- Khadgar wears a long cloak
- Khadgar's eyes do not shine (except when he channels large amounts of magic)
- Khadgar smokes his pipe when needs to think or meditate
- Khadgar fights with his sword in his right hand and his Staff of Nethergarde in his left hand
Although undoubtedly are missing some sort of Kirin Tor symbolisms in the Khadgar's garb, perhaps the only positive thing of that model is the Seal of Stormwind he carries on his belt, as Stormwind is his native kingdom (contrary to what happens with Uther Lightbringer, who wrongly carries everywhere the Seal of Stormwind, when he should carry the Seal of Lordaeron... which proves again the ignorance of Blizzard).
The only explanation I find to this terrible model is that Blizzard stupidly has relied on the image that Khadgar had during the First War.
In fact, that was the image with which Khadgar was announced as an hero of the Alliance for the WoD expansion.
However, due to the curse he carries, the Khadgar's appearance currently would be roughly something like that, although, for a clearer concept we have his statue in Stormwind.
But do not worry anyone! Blizzard always has a magic word that fixes all their nonsense about the lore of their games ... the magic word is "retcon".