Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I like Khadgar's outfit more than any of the new tier gear... I understand that Blizzard wants to make the tiers look flashy and cool and that I as a player should feel like I am a hero in Azeroth but it's starting to get a bit too much in my opinion. Like, cloth sets having a lot of plate and chains and stuff that looks heavy and bulky, just too much .

Deleted
    the fiery raven could be a reward for becoming exalted with the arakkoas or a drop from the arrakoan dungeon. might be cool if its a mount at all. lets hope so because it really looks awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    That PvP gear looks like absolute shit. Still wondering why Blizzard hasn't held a Gear Creation Contest of some kind?... They've obviously running out of ideas.
    Last edited by Synros; 2014-07-03 at 08:20 AM.

tomes

Quote Originally Posted by OxiDiE View Post
    only one comment about those Tombs? i mean.. OP?

The warlock one gives 8 minuts off Doomguard and infernal...
    all of them are op. i hope they are only active in some kind of event. i mean 2min doomguard cd...

Quote Originally Posted by shockftw View Post
    all of them are op. i hope they are only active in some kind of event. i mean 2min doomguard cd...
    They're certainly part of the reason why I won't take Ashran PvP very seriously. A lot of the items seem to have been created with the intention of making it some sort of light-hearted/comical PvP open-world BG; rather than something serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Teapose View Post
    I like Khadgar's outfit more than any of the new tier gear... I understand that Blizzard wants to make the tiers look flashy and cool and that I as a player should feel like I am a hero in Azeroth but it's starting to get a bit too much in my opinion. Like, cloth sets having a lot of plate and chains and stuff that looks heavy and bulky, just too much .
    I completely agree its getting way to flashy (Sometimes I feel like we being turned in to a moving portable fortress)

I would love to have a set like this on my cloth or leather characters

And perhaps something similar like this minus the waist drape but adding a sylvanas like hood/cape as a hunter set

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but I have to say it again. Blizzard needs some new artists. I don't know if the artists that designed the gear in vanilla, tbc, and wotlk are all gone or what, but it seems to have slowly gone down hill over the years. Not all classes have ugly sets of course, but IMO the majority of Cata, MoP, and these sets are ugly and/or plain. Some are great like the mythic warrior, but then you see sets like the warlock tier 17 here and it's like ...what? The sets seem to have lost their "whimsy" or something. I mean warlock was a class practically everyone agreed that had amazing sets all the way from Tier 1 to 10 (For the most part).

I don't know what has happened, but it saddens me. The only great thing I've seen with WoD equipment models so far is that it looks like they are FINALLY making Two Handed Weapons huge again. I remember tweeting GC about this years ago, and he said that they realized in Cata they had started making them miniscule and would go back to the old sizes soon. But that never happened. I mean look at vanilla Ashkhandi and compare it to Cata's Askhandi. Pretty obvious size difference just for an example.

But yeah thanks transmog!

Note: I am not saying every set since Cata dropped has been bad so please don't assume I mean that. There's some great looking ones, but for the most part it cannot be denied they've gone plainish.

Deleted
    That Khadgar model looks amazing!

Deleted

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of awesome new models! But I really hope those aren't finished product on the teir gear. The robe for the warlock looks too close to Season 13. Love the belt though.

Well I love the paladin tier set, I have the old BC Justicar set as my prot transmog. Some of the others aren't too bad but yeah some are bad as well. I agree, cloth should look like cloth, leather like leather, mail like mail and plate like plate. Cloth sets should go back more to the tier 1-4 looks. Give them smaller shoulders but stuff like cowls or bands with gems in the center. Mess with colorings and symbols on them to distinct between mage/priest/lock. Rogue armor as far as I'm concerned should always be dark or dark toned. What's the point of being an sneaky assassin if you're running around with gear that has flashy colors or glowing things on it. Druids are druids, everything should be nature based with them. Once again the older tiers were better in keeping it that way, though the t17 for them isn't that bad either. Shaman- mail armor with a touch of the elements added, this tier isn't too bad if the shoulders weren't just massive, I like the whole playing with wind effect on them they just took it way to far. Hunters- mail with animal/camo look to into. Why can't hunters just have gear colored like the wild with ammo pouches and snare equipment on it. The skulls of animals is cool but they are another class that shouldn't be too flashy, I mean they are hunters, when people hunt things they don't run around with bells ringing or fire shooting from their outfit. Deathknights- probably one class that should always have death/decay in stuff, skulls is fine with them, maybe have some of their armor look like its really worn and falling apart. That's another class where I would love even if they messed with the customization and added stretched skin and bones showing on them. Paladins- holy light, crosses, librams, skirt or no skirt is okay, just everything so be light based but still tough. Warriors- probably another class where their armor should be big and bulky, spikes are great on them, as long as they don't look like they are nothing but spikes. They're another one where the t6 is one of the most famous. Blizzard always tries to make some new off the wall armor which is great but they go overboard or really bad on to many. Of course if they don't make something different every time people will complain about that as well. So tier gear should be based around whatever lore is connected to that tier but also always connected to the class. Maybe one day we'll even get tier gear based on the faction again as well. I for one would love if Horde tier 18 looked different than Alliance t 18.
    Last edited by DarthMonk79; 2014-07-03 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, even more shitty looking armour. Now everyone who doesn't transmog will look like a retard.

Ugh...the gear...when will they go back to making tier sets that actually look ICONIC?

Thank the Light for transmog...

10+ Year Old Account

I think the issue with a lot of these new sets, as opposed to older sets, is that it's very hard to see just what the theme is supposed to be. What is the theme of Priest T17? Veils? What is the theme with Paladin Season 16 Elite? Metal and spikes? They just look a bit uninspired; but then the same is true of most tier/pvp sets from MoP onward in my opinion.

Khadgars gear looks the way how all cloth/leather armor should look, instead we have our "Wow Super Epic" sets. >_>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    That PvP gear looks like absolute shit. Still wondering why Blizzard hasn't held a Gear Creation Contest of some kind?... They've obviously running out of ideas.
    What does it even matter? It's another stupid flying mount in Blizzard's crappy no flying allowed expansion. Seriously, stop making the shit if you don't want people using them, or come out with a dumb tweet or some junk admitting you were wrong, you're sorry, and you're giving it back at max level.

Every one of these damn things they show off just makes me want to buy this garbage less and less. I don't want flapping birds on the ground. They look retarded. If I wanted to look retarded, I can do that for free and just put underwear on my head and run out into rush hour traffic screaming "THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    For God's sake and for all that's Holy!

THAT GUY is not Khadgar at all ... maybe it's an elderly Anduin, but clearly IS NOT Khadgar ... Almost I prefer his placeholder model from a week ago ...

Well... considering that Blizzard has no fucking idea of their games' lore, that fudge is somewhat understandable ... But for that we are here!

Let's see, some of the basic features of Khadgar are:

• Khadgar has an appearance of an old man of at least 80 years
    • Khadgar is slightly bald for the front side
    • Khadgar has a long gray beard that reaches to his waist
    • Khadgar wears robes of purple color (like a good Archmage of Dalaran)
    • Khadgar wears a long cloak
    • Khadgar's eyes do not shine (except when he channels large amounts of magic)
    • Khadgar smokes his pipe when needs to think or meditate
    • Khadgar fights with his sword in his right hand and his Staff of Nethergarde in his left hand

Although undoubtedly are missing some sort of Kirin Tor symbolisms in the Khadgar's garb, perhaps the only positive thing of that model is the Seal of Stormwind he carries on his belt, as Stormwind is his native kingdom (contrary to what happens with Uther Lightbringer, who wrongly carries everywhere the Seal of Stormwind, when he should carry the Seal of Lordaeron... which proves again the ignorance of Blizzard).

The only explanation I find to this terrible model is that Blizzard stupidly has relied on the image that Khadgar had during the First War.

In fact, that was the image with which Khadgar was announced as an hero of the Alliance for the WoD expansion.

However, due to the curse he carries, the Khadgar's appearance currently would be roughly something like that, although, for a clearer concept we have his statue in Stormwind.

But do not worry anyone! Blizzard always has a magic word that fixes all their nonsense about the lore of their games ... the magic word is "retcon".
    Last edited by Northem; 2014-07-03 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Book of Crow Form

Welp. Seems like Druids are going to be flying around Ashran.