Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Storm Elemental is just another Elemental, nothing new.
    Talk for you, I have been waiting for this since I started playing a Shaman. And I don't see a problem with the specs sharing the same talent, it works for both, with wont be easy to do fro druids, and mages are all ranged damage dealers, the talents being different are for they not feel the same, and that is not a problem with our class. I have to agree that the shocks talents sound a little to simple for a talent, and Liquid Magma will need to be very "smart" to be competitive. But the Storm Elemental is simple awesome
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Talk for you, I have been waiting for this since I started playing a Shaman. And I don't see a problem with the specs sharing the same talent, it works for both, with wont be easy to do fro druids, and mages are all ranged damage dealers, the talents being different are for they not feel the same, and that is not a problem with our class. I have to agree that the shocks talents sound a little to simple for a talent, and Liquid Magma will need to be very "smart" to be competitive. But the Storm Elemental is simple awesome
    The Elemental is different from the others but, it wasn't a surprise that it was added. The problem I have with Elemental and Enhance is that they like to make them share abilities all the time but, never make up for it by adding unique abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

The Elemental is different from the others but, it wasn't a surprise that it was added. The problem I have with Elemental and Enhance is that they like to make them share abilities all the time but, never make up for it by adding unique abilities.
    But even sharing the spells, the gameplay is so different, that for me it doesn't really matter that much.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    But even sharing the spells, the gameplay is so different, that for me it doesn't really matter that much.
    To each their own, I'd love to continue discussing this but, don't want to derail the thread too much >.<

To each their own, I'd love to continue discussing this but, don't want to derail the thread too much >.<
    Im pretty sure if you keep talking about ele shaman things it will be fine. We have seen the mastery and attunement for awhile and personally I like them both.

Deleted
    The abilities that Elemental and Enhancement got for level 100 talents are so lackluster, Blizzard clearly put no thought into them, and unlike other hybrid specs our talents don't even vary between our damage specs. Druids vary, Monks vary, hell even Mages vary.

Increased Shock damage seems so lackluster and looks like they spent 1/2 a sec coming up with the ability.
    Storm Elemental is just another Elemental, nothing new.
    Liquid Magma I was actually looking forward to but, once again a lackluster talent that can easily be avoid in PvP and even in PvE.
    Elemental Infusion doesn't seem to work with frost shock, it's flame shock and earth shock only. That said, it's a pretty decent talent for enhance as we can easily keep up a double buffed flame shock without having to worry about frost shock stealing the stacks.

Storm Elemental is a great utility talent, it could be used for long phases with heavy incoming damage or movement with some decent added damage. The elemental does 2-3k dps I believe. At least that's what I got from some quick tests.

Liquid Magma is great for aoe phases and does pretty damn well as single target at big slow moving bosses, not sure if it works better with the actual fire totem on top of the boss, for enhance it looks good. The only drawback would be having to save it for those aoe phases while ignoring it for single target..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarod View Post
    Liquid Magma is great for aoe phases and does pretty damn well as single target at big slow moving bosses, not sure if it works better with the actual fire totem on top of the boss, for enhance it looks good. The only drawback would be having to save it for those aoe phases while ignoring it for single target..
    Whilst not 100% efficient having it sat off cooldown, if the DPS buff of keeping it off cooldown so its available for certain points of the fight is big enough, its not actually a loss. I personally prefer longer cooldown stronger abilities than shorter/no cooldown weaker ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarod View Post
    Elemental Infusion doesn't seem to work with frost shock, it's flame shock and earth shock only. That said, it's a pretty decent talent for enhance as we can easily keep up a double buffed flame shock without having to worry about frost shock stealing the stacks.
    It seems bugged, the previous version (Shocking Lava) states that it merely affects FS and ES but Elemental fusion clearly says "of your next shock".

Pretty sure it is bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It seems bugged, the previous version (Shocking Lava) states that it merely affects FS and ES but Elemental fusion clearly says "of your next shock".

Pretty sure it is bugged.
    Well they clearly want Enhance to use FrS shock of ES, maybe for Ele they want FrS more as a utility spell so they don't see a reason to give it a damage increase since we have ES and FS.

maybe for Ele they want FrS more as a utility spell so they don't see a reason to give it a damage increase since we have ES and FS.
    FrS is probably intended as spell for movement phases that doesn't dump LS charges, which is important if you consider the T17 Set bonus.

Personally im fine with it being affected by Elemental fusion for Elemental, i was actually hoping that they bring back the old Frost shock perk, this spell really needs some love.

Watching the dungeon previews it seems the Storm Elemental is focused on a Utility role, one where we can do some passive healing and damage at the same time. Whether the same tactics will matter with some raid bosses (likely) remains to be seen. But we're clearly - IMO - being treated as hybrids rather than first class dps specs, as usual.

theyve nerfed hybrid healing quite a bit. relax numbers tuning is one of the last things they do.

celestalon postet an interesting tweet today
    Celestalon ‏@Celestalon
    @riggnaros Hybrids and pures will do the same damage, and bring the same utility. That's the goal for Warlords.
    so if they really follow that route I'm happy^^
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-26 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    celestalon postet an interesting tweet today

so if they really fallow that route I'm happy^^
    Won't happen. Like always, mages, warlocks and rogues probably too will be overpowered. Don't expect any big changes compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Won't happen. Like always, mages, warlocks and rogues probably too will be overpowered. Don't expect any big changes compared to now.
    you forget that this is the first time that this is really their goal. they already confirmed that in the past for example elemetnal had to sacrifice damage for its heal utility and mobility.

Deleted
    you forget that this is the first time that this is really their goal. they already confirmed that in the past for example elemetnal had to sacrifice damage for its heal utility and mobility.
    They usually don't confirm those things.

But currently, e.g. warlocks are a lot stronger (easily 20-30%) and they did nothing to fix this. I remember 5.4, where warlocks were already op and eles weak. They nerfed elemental and enhancers, buffed warlocks just to hotfix them a little closer to each other on live.

It will always be the target to make mages and warlocks op. And this will happen once again. It's a lot about their scaling and mechanics (than can be exploited to put out tremendous nmbers).
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-07-26 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    I like being hybrid. I accepted that I won't be top dps but at least I can help the raid. I play in a 10-man-guild with HC progress, so we don't have many cooldowns for every sh*tty situation (we have 'not the best raid set up'). But we have 2 shamans (me, elemental and an enhancement), so we use our healing tide and AG on every boss. Healing tide is gone, AG is nerfed. I haven't tested the Storm elemental, maybe this can be a small compensation. I rather sacrifice some dps but I know my raid won't die (yeah mythic 20man, we'll see, 10 new people, maybe my "small" heal won't matter. but healing tide is GREAT for leveling and farming and in 5-man-dungeons and etc. I'll miss it)

Quote Originally Posted by aque View Post
    I like being hybrid. I accepted that I won't be top dps but at least I can help the raid. I play in a 10-man-guild with HC progress, so we don't have many cooldowns for every sh*tty situation (we have 'not the best raid set up'). But we have 2 shamans (me, elemental and an enhancement), so we use our healing tide and AG on every boss. Healing tide is gone, AG is nerfed. I haven't tested the Storm elemental, maybe this can be a small compensation. I rather sacrifice some dps but I know my raid won't die (yeah mythic 20man, we'll see, 10 new people, maybe my "small" heal won't matter. but healing tide is GREAT for leveling and farming and in 5-man-dungeons and etc. I'll miss it)
    I think tehy had to go that route for balancing reasons. you can't tune boss fights for mythic if you can cheese a boss thanks to hybrids.
    also they gave all pures some raid cd. so it is a total different raid environment than before.

you are right that it will hurt in 5 mans or during leveling the most.
    however our selfheal was buffed so at least we can keep us on live with some heals
    nor sure nuberwise about our raid heals. atm ag is pretty bad cause it was not tuned yet and just has a low value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    They usually don't confirm those things.

But currently, e.g. warlocks are a lot stronger (easily 20-30%) and they did nothing to fix this. I remember 5.4, where warlocks were already op and eles weak. They nerfed elemental and enhancers, buffed warlocks just to hotfix them a little closer to each other on live.

It will always be the target to make mages and warlocks op. And this will happen once again. It's a lot about their scaling and mechanics (than can be exploited to put out tremendous nmbers).
    Yes I know. It was on twitter. Celestalon said it I think.
    There was also one about warlocks. They were not nerfed because it was late in progress and nerfing warocks would have hurt guilds who "stacked" them. So they would have a "disadvantage" over night. They are aware that warlock is to strong.
    So I hope they learned the lesson and make a better job this time.

Deleted
    There was also one about warlocks. They were not nerfed because it was late in progress and nerfing warocks would have hurt guilds who "stacked" them. So they would have a "disadvantage" over night. They are aware that warlock is to strong.
    So I hope they learned the lesson and make a better job this time.
    Well this will be the same all over again. Warlocks were op in 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and are now somewhat way way over the top since 5.4 scaling.

I remember before WOD where we had discussions here that shamans will be now on the same level as other dps, they just needed to balance it. In the end, they never where.

I actually think it's their goal to keep those speccs overpowered. Not officially, because they know the outrage such a statement would have.

I think we will have the same discussion again shortly before 7.0, because once again, the same specs were once again way over the top in WoD.

Just look on the PTR, mages are already way way over the top, once again. Frost mages top the damage meters, fire mages have totally overpowered utility, making them good on every fight. Of course there will be SOME numbers tuning, but don't expect anything but the same speccs being op once again like always.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-07-26 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Beta atm is not about testing numbers but rather about testing mechanics, numbers tuning hasn't been done yet so no need to jump the ship on whats op and whats not.