Faction tag rare and timeless isle proposal

Somebody just posted in the official forums about burning down adds and the response from Bashiok was that they spawn so frequently it doesn't matter.

But it still does, doesn't it? The intention of their health pool increasing is to ensure that the mobs don't die too quickly with more and more people there.

BUT - it doesn't take into account the gear of the people attacking it and stops scaling after a certain point. So, my proposal to this is: What if the same thing that registers the amount of people attacking it and scales the health pool also took into account an average ilvl of all the players attacking it to base it's health pool after that?

I'm sure it's been thrown out before, but I hope they get a little better system before the next expansion when this becomes common practice. It really is a pain getting to a mob at the last minute and whether it spawns repeatedly is kind of irrelevant when it all boils down to time spent travelling to get to it or having to get to another one after attempting that one and not making it.

Any opinions? Maybe it already partially does this and it's just that the dps and scaling is so disproportionate that it becomes impossible.

I don't know. Just seems like there would be an easier way to ensure equal opportunity and a little more challenge instead of just saying, "well it's not a big deal anyway because it will spawn again in 10 minutes."

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be much easier to kill rares with other people if they didn't have the "I WANT TO SHOW EVERYONE MY L33T FUCKING DPS" mentality. Instead of burning down a rare just tag it. There's no reason to nuke it do death before others can get the tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are in a hurry, Grimmox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    It would be much easier to kill rares with other people if they didn't have the "I WANT TO SHOW EVERYONE MY L33T FUCKING DPS" mentality. Instead of burning down a rare just tag it. There's no reason to nuke it do death before others can get the tag.
    if they want the tag they need to git gud.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2014-07-03 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few thoughts on this. One, rares and other mobs in the world don't need to scale with us. If they did, then what's the point of getting better gear if you're equally as strong against and enemy regardless of your increased power?

Next, I don't see any harm in people killing rares at whatever rate they want. If they're nice and wait for you then good on them. But, they should not feel obligated to white attack a mob while they wait for you to cross the entire island.

And also I'd like to point out that in the past a lot of rares are on 12+ hour respawns. Most of the Panda ones are on an hour or less and there was no such thing as sharing a tag, cross faction or otherwise, and you'd need to be in a group. And then only one of you had a chance at whatever it dropped.

If you want a rare tag that badly wait around it's spawn point. You'll get it. And stop sounding so entitled.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I have to admit whenever I'm on the island I'll swoop down on a glider, grab houlon off to an island no one can reach him at and burn him down, they come up every hour and I think what they've put in place so far has been enough.

It works the opposite way of what you're saying too and there is no perfect way to fix it. There have been so many times that I have had to kill a 50m health Cinderfall by myself because people tag it then are scared to be anywhere near it.