Thread: 2H ENH shammy?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Pandaren Monk Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,751
    Agi Swords will do instead of 2H.

  2. #62
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,795
    R.I.P



    What I don't get is: Yeah, 2h wasn't viable since a LONG time. But why start breaking additional abilities now?
    What's the point in making Stormstrike unavailable with 2h weapons now?

  3. #63
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    What I don't get is: Yeah, 2h wasn't viable since a LONG time. But why start breaking additional abilities now?
    What's the point in making Stormstrike unavailable with 2h weapons now?
    I'm guessing to make the game as retardproof and streamlined as possible, at the cost of other peoples enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm guessing to make the game as retardproof and streamlined as possible, at the cost of other peoples enjoyment.
    Probably right. In vanilla, if you pvp'd with a 2h, all you had to do was frost shock and auto attack with your occasional purge.

    I guess Blizz wanted to retire this gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w&t=0m20s when they introduced windfury cooldown at the beginning of TBC.

  5. #65
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    Probably right. In vanilla, if you pvp'd with a 2h, all you had to do was frost shock and auto attack with your occasional purge.

    I guess Blizz wanted to retire this gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w&t=0m20s when they introduced windfury cooldown at the beginning of TBC.
    Well it's quite clear that 2h COULD be made both reasonable and viable using current mechanics imposed on 2h's with a 'number tweak' passive like everyone else has who can both DW and 2h. It wouldn't really hurt anyone - they just don't want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  6. #66
    Yeah its the same reason they give for why we can't use Swords...


    They just don't want to

  7. #67
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Yeah its the same reason they give for why we can't use Swords...


    They just don't want to
    Swords is a lot more reasonable than 2H - no mechanics actually need changing or balancing and we aren't really in line with other melee weapon wise. The argument that ele would have too many weapon options is a hilarious one at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  8. #68
    "reasonable" has never been a good argument against Blizzard

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Yeah if only it was as simple as changing a those few things.

    Sigh.

    This is why devs cop so much flak. People have absolutely no idea about what happens in the background.
    At this point/post, You've taken what you tried to make a legit arguement. And then threw it all into the wind with the "Devs cop so much flack, people have absolutley no idea what happens in the background".

    A) You're right, 90% of people have no idea. However, That's a double-edged sword, They have no idea, and truthfully they don't. Excluding the obvious reasons, I doubt the devs (who currently deal with all our crap to start with, want us back-seat deving).

    B) The Devs, Are just that, The DEVS, They're the developers, They're going to spent countless WORK hours developing content, That could get just thrown out, Or never used, Or like old content, Used and never seen again.

    C) In a previous post you staated "The Devs said they're NOT going to bring back 2handed Enhanc". Can we see proof of that? Can you show us that post?

    D) It would make LOADS of sense to bring 2handed Enhanc back, So many people miss the play style, And just the option to mix it up. I know people who would play to just PVP that way again alone, Not including the PVE stuff. Like a previous Post said, Add a glyph that just gives us a 2handed weapon look, we could all deal haha.

    Now, Does that mean any of these changes will happen? God no, Do I and others wish, Sure.

    Does that mean you should continue what was a very interesting discussion, instead of you trying to cop out with the "eh, they just don't understand". Basically.
    Your reason in life is the point. You live for the point. Anyone who comes between you and the point will have to be removed with a carpet steamer.


    I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    What I don't get is: Yeah, 2h wasn't viable since a LONG time. But why start breaking additional abilities now?
    What's the point in making Stormstrike unavailable with 2h weapons now?
    It's to break weapon-swap macros. You can get by pretty well by just macro'ing your DW when its time to Lava Lash, and then swapping back for Stormstrike.

    Stormstrike needs its tooltip properly checked so it greys out like Lava Lash, if they're going to stick with this change. Which they probably will.

  11. #71
    Brewmaster Murderdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    C) In a previous post you staated "The Devs said they're NOT going to bring back 2handed Enhanc". Can we see proof of that? Can you show us that post?
    .
    Theyve said it on numerous occasions, some very recently. I am not going to spend hours pouring through tweets and forum posts to satisfy your need to revive a dead playstyle.

  12. #72
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Theyve said it on numerous occasions, some very recently. I am not going to spend hours pouring through tweets and forum posts to satisfy your need to revive a dead playstyle.
    The argument for removing 2H equip-ability is about as solid as the argument for everything else that's getting cut in WoD. (It isn't)

    I don't give a damn about 2h but it's not like it being there really hurt anyone. It wasn't competitive but people could have fun with it. The fact WW got 1h vs 2h viability and given LL is pretty much our only ability that would have to be changed noticeably outside of a Passive to even out the numbers is hilarious at best.

    The devs didn't want to, but I think WoD has proven very well what the devs said even last year has no basis on whats happening now - especially with how many internal changes must be going on to cause such delays (and people leaving, and the fact they only just brought people back on, etc). What happens next year?

    Your word on year old quotes mean absolutely nothing in light of current events, really. We won't see it in WoD, but doesn't disqualify it in later expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  13. #73
    As a player who played a shaman in early classic, i would love to see a comeback of 2H. The main problem i see is the current itemization. 2H Maces/Axes/Swords don't have agility as a stat anymore, because they are intended to be used by plate classes which using strength. It must not be competitive for high end raiding or serious pvp, but restricting most of the abilities only working with dual wield is bad. Therefore they should remove the ability to use 2h, because it's useless (unless for style ofc).
    Reverse Nostalgia: Everything is so cool and awesome now that i can't imagine how the game has been survived after the ubercrap of vanilla / tbc with over 10 million players.
    My bet: WoD Release not until November 2014
    wat...

  14. #74
    Nonono Thyr, always let us use 2h. How can I play my arcanite ripper or sport my Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros on my shaman otherwise?

    The implementation of Enh over every expansion has been heavily focused on Dual Wielding with 0 time paid to 2h. If that wasn't a clear indication, from a gameplay perspective, that 2h Enh is dead, I don't know what is.

  15. #75
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Potsu View Post
    Nonono Thyr, always let us use 2h. How can I play my arcanite ripper or sport my Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros on my shaman otherwise?

    The implementation of Enh over every expansion has been heavily focused on Dual Wielding with 0 time paid to 2h. If that wasn't a clear indication, from a gameplay perspective, that 2h Enh is dead, I don't know what is.
    Except the fact we're going back to wrath style of play - and a lot of classes and mechanics are being 'turned back' to be more comparable to their TBC style. That is the POINT of warlords of draenor, to bring back the veterans. That is what they are advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  16. #76
    The implementation of Enh over every expansion has been heavily focused on Dual Wielding with 0 time paid to 2h. If that wasn't a clear indication, from a gameplay perspective, that 2h Enh is dead, I don't know what is.
    Sad but true. I clearly dislike if things get removed, rather than improved.
    Reverse Nostalgia: Everything is so cool and awesome now that i can't imagine how the game has been survived after the ubercrap of vanilla / tbc with over 10 million players.
    My bet: WoD Release not until November 2014
    wat...

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    As a player who played a shaman in early classic, i would love to see a comeback of 2H. The main problem i see is the current itemization. 2H Maces/Axes/Swords don't have agility as a stat anymore, because they are intended to be used by plate classes which using strength. It must not be competitive for high end raiding or serious pvp, but restricting most of the abilities only working with dual wield is bad. Therefore they should remove the ability to use 2h, because it's useless (unless for style ofc).
    I read a shaman change somewhere, Pretty sure a general "Here are the WoD shaman changes place' that we now get AP based a 1:1 ratio from both Agility and Strength. So theoretically we could use those same weapons.

    Agility is obviously the better throughput stat as it provides Crit % as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Theyve said it on numerous occasions, some very recently. I am not going to spend hours pouring through tweets and forum posts to satisfy your need to revive a dead playstyle.
    Well, I for one enjoy the cold hard facts, And I've not found a post stating that anywhere. So, We'll chalk it up in the "BS" category (until you or someone can show proof of it) and continue our discussion.
    Your reason in life is the point. You live for the point. Anyone who comes between you and the point will have to be removed with a carpet steamer.


    I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

  18. #78
    Stood in the Fire Lavindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    I read a shaman change somewhere, Pretty sure a general "Here are the WoD shaman changes place' that we now get AP based a 1:1 ratio from both Agility and Strength. So theoretically we could use those same weapons.

    Agility is obviously the better throughput stat as it provides Crit % as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, I for one enjoy the cold hard facts, And I've not found a post stating that anywhere. So, We'll chalk it up in the "BS" category (until you or someone can show proof of it) and continue our discussion.
    Agility doesn't give critical rating anymore, and if I am not wrong we don't get AP from strength anymore.
    Everything that is, is alive.

    Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •