Struggling on 10man Heroic Garrosh NEED HELP!

First off our raid comp is the following:
    BrM Monk - 584
    Blood DK - 584
    Resto Druid - 580
    2 Destro Locks - 581 & 582
    Ele Shaman - 579
    Ret Pally - 580
    Frost DK - 576
    Frost Mage - 578
    Balance Druid - 585

Here is a picture of our strat: http://imgur.com/xT46bAJ (don't hate my paint job...)
    G1 is mage/pally/shaman, G2 is lock/dk/lock, Our balance druid dots everything in G1 & G2, G3 is monk/blood dk/resto druid
    When we finish the transitions we are like 2-5 secs off

Below are links to our logs as well in case they can help with my questions:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sakpj9uyjeuzidou/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v1zm8i90wfqiregg/

My Questions:

1. The videos I have watched show people using our strategy not getting that 2nd group of adds. We can barely transition without getting the second the 2nd wolf rider. After comparing logs and damage/dps I think our damage is just low during P1. Is this the case?

2. In our transition phase (when executed properly), we have no casts go off, but again miss the check on Garrosh's energy (usually around 26-28). Is this also a DPS or a strategy problem?

3. Is there anything else you think I can do as the RL to at least get by the first transition phase? We literally have been going at it for about 10 hours of raiding...

Thanks in advance to any help offered!
    Last edited by Beerun; 2014-07-03 at 12:21 PM.

Greetings, KT brother.

1. The amount of adds you get in p1 is not really important. Don't worry about it. However, it is a symptom of low DPS, which is a problem on other parts of the fight.
    2. Make sure you're all saving any CDs you can for the transition. Getting through this transition quickly is much more important than p1 damage. If a particular group is too slow, try moving people around while keeping interrupts covered.
    3. This is the hardest part of the fight. Just try to consistently improve and eventually you'll get past it every pull and be able to work on the rest of the fight.

Your DPS looks low. I don't know what everyone's gear looks like, but consider doing some farm clears if major upgrades are still on the table. Make sure everyone is capping VP and using it on upgrades each week.

Also consider getting rotational help. I don't know enough about any of the classes on your roster to comment on what specifically can be improved, but it looks like there's lots of room.

Great. Thanks for the advice. When you say save CDs for the transition, do you mean even 3 minute CDs? Or maybe just 2mins and under?

I changed the OP to show our ilvls as far as our raid is concerned
    Last edited by Beerun; 2014-07-03 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm with that gear you should easy get the transition at ~22 energy.
    Try using potions first before trying it with CDs.
    If you weren't so far in Progress i would say try 1 tank 1heal it...
    Last edited by mmoc9c836c5cf3; 2014-07-03 at 01:47 PM.

I actually thought about trying that as well. I know we are lacking damage for one reason or another. It really seems our damage is low for some reason and we cannot figure it out. And I do not think 2 mins int he fight is that far into the fight :P

Looking at groups, your moonkin dots a group that already has TWO destro locks and a frost DK on it? His dots probably do nothing. The dk also probably does nothing. Cleaving chaos bolts destroy those adds. Here is how we did it back when we had a monk and DK tank:

Front left was blood DK and ele shaman. I was the DK. Ele runs in first to get the totem down. This is crucial, if the DK starts too soon then casts will get off. Once ele runs in, DK pops potion, DRW and outbreak. Bloodboil to spread disease and spam death strike and rune strike. With vengeance and riposte from garrosh coming in the DK will do most of the damage here. Kill one during the stun and then both single target interrupt one after that.

Front right was our monk tank and we had a feral Druid but I'd say use your frost DK. Monk stuns first casts and the. They both single interrupt after that. As long as the monk has veng and they both pot then they will have no issues.

Middle group is all the other six people. Make sure your resto Druid takes HotW and helps with a hurricane or something. Get one of the locks to stun. Everything should die quick. DO NOT STOP TO STAND IN BUBBLES. LEAVE THEM FOR THE FRIST GROUPS. IF ANYONE HESITATES TO TRY TO GET IN A BUBBLE THEN YOU LOSE DPS TIME.

Back left, I would do the lock who stunned the middle group, your resto Druid and the ret paladin. The ret gets the first stun. Use single targets after that. Have the lock save havoc and embers for this and he can kill two very quickly.

That leaves back right being your lock who can stun, moonkin and frost Mage. Again the lock can destroy two with havoc after stunning. Mage can pop orb and the moonkin should do whatever moonkin do. Single interrupt after stun.

Be vocal about which groups have a bubble and which do not. With one healer you want to try to make sure everyone gets the buff or they will need CDs. You can see who will drop a bubble ahead of time. Tanks don't need it. If they get it then great, they can get more vengeance but if they don't it's no biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, have your members search class forums for tips. There are a ton of good posts that help with this fight for specific classes.

Well here is the funny thing...our moonkin is top on the adds believe or not almost (if not every) time. We only put him there because it seemed we lacked damage. Thanks for the suggestions and we will try some of this tonight most likely.

UPDATE

So we tried Eetabee's setup for the most part and got through the phase only once. We missed by 1 sec about 5 times though. Still short on DPS it seems.

Tonight's logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0blaxigup8mdp1jk/
    Last edited by Beerun; 2014-07-04 at 04:51 AM.

For starters, you need to get P1 down more consistently. 12/25 of your wipes were under 2 minutes.

1. It looks like you have some people getting hit by the Iron Star. I am assuming on those attempts the engineer was not killed? If you need to send two people, send two people. Those are very demoralizing wipes. Locks can portal over there and teleport back pretty quickly.

2. The Wolf Rider also killed quite a few people. Make sure your people killing the engineer do not attack the wolf rider, he runs into the star and takes a hit for half his health. This is huge. Then your OT grabs him and pulls on top of Garrosh. Everyone can switch and kill it quick. Set up people to single target interrupt. No cast should get off.

3. Buffed Warbringers are probably your biggest issue though. Here is how we handled them during progression. On the second group of warbringers, let people AoE them to about 65% and then make sure everyone goes back to single target on Garrosh. When they get buffed, you need a rotation of knock backs and slows until the star hits them. You have two druids and two DK aoe grips to use to get them off you. Then you have void tendrils, ring of frost, and some slows. Have your brewmaster set his statue 20 yards away in the path of the iron star. As soon as they get buffed your priest needs to be on that statue, give him a hop and grip the adds to him. Void tendril and get back to the group. Somehow make sure they are all slowed, ring of frost is good to have in between them and the group. When/if they break free, grip them back to the statue while still keeping them slowed. Then set up a knock back rotation for your druids to keep them away until the star kills them.

For the transition (I am used to warcraftlogs and not world of logs so I may have missed or misinterpreted some things):
    Try 4 - Motlow, Silvernightz and Beerun did not use a potion. Motlow was also very low on damage for being a destro lock. Only four chaos bolts got off total for both locks. If both your locks go into that phase with embers and havoc up that is four chaos bolts from both of them for eight total. Make sure they are communicating with their partners as to which they are chaos bolting so others don't waste damage on them.

Try 7 - More people not using potions. Only two total chaos bolts were cast. Again, those are a ton of damage.

I do not really want to go any further because world of logs is frustrating me. If you missed it by one energy five different times, then if you just have EVERYONE (even tanks and healers) use a potion there then you will get it no problem. You will be much better off using them there just so you can progress. With the item upgrades and stuff you will not need them any other time. If it is one particular group that is always finishing last, figure out what they can do to speed it up. Make sure a roar is getting used at the start so everyone gets to their packs quicker.

Hopefully some of this helps. Please do not think these are the only ways to do this or even the best ways. It is just how we do it and it works for us.

1. Exactly what happened. I suggested having 2 every time just in case (2nd being disc priest)

2. We were trying to use Dark Simulacrum from our DKs in the transition. I think that is why we took some damage form the wolf rider.

3. We have had a CD rotation, but were not using ring of frost or void tendrils (first time with the disc priest). We will use those for the next attempts. Thanks again!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many times people mindlessly aoe, when phase 1 Garrosh damage is so much more important. This fight is a very long cascade, and mistakes made early to misplaced dps can have long lasting affects. Not putting enough single target into Garrosh and getting a 2nd wolf rider can literally mean the difference later on between pushing later phases with or without extra Emp Whirling Corruptions. Bonk it into your raiders heads that there padding on Warbringers is IRRELEVENT scumbag dps after the point which the Ironstar will kill them. Not getting a 2nd wolfrider = more single target into Garrosh after he heals up the first time. All of this cascades into later parts of the fight. Not going to comment much on Intermission 1 as I have very little 10 man experience but I can tell you once our raiders figured out when to aoe and when to stop trying to pad the meters, we got much more consistency getting to later parts of the fight.

Even today, with Garrosh on pure farm, we still have phase 2/3 wipes every now and then due to mistakes made early on. This is an interesting fight in that regard, how everything cascades.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

Tbh p1 adds dont matter that much. boss dmg is more important to an extend that garrosh gets below like 16m before the 2nd ironstar hits.
    as long as the 2nd adds are under 50% they can be pushed backward and rooted hopefully for the ironstar hit. if they are under 50% they will die instantly. if garrosh is below like 5m once the star hits he wont call out a 2nd wolfrider . btw when the first wolf-rider runs over make sure no1 hits him so he'll lose 50% hp by running into the ironstar.

as for rotation i can only assume destro make sure to havoc garrosh and shadowburn a few adds when they are almost dead. the first wave will die really quickly so timing is essential to cast havoc on garrosh as an add is just reaching the 20% mark. keep rain of fire up when the adds are grouped for more embers and spam shadowburn when garrosh is under 20% etc.

every time you wipe you should be looking at the dmg done to embodied doubt and seeing who was lowest and asking them why. if they are constantly low they need to figure out how to fix it, that's what progression is. when i did prog on this as boomy i had to spec into treants and save 3 minute cd's for this phase, but our group avg ilvl was also like 575 at the time and we didn't have many problems, our best runs we'd finish and he would have 19 energy so at 580+ to be lacking dps is pretty bad. make sure on top of cd's people are saving a proc or something before they go in, as boomy i would starfall as i was being sucked up by garrosh so i wasn't using that as a global in there, first global in was stamp roar followed by cd's and dotting everything and spamming starsurges and then 2nd starfall when first one fell off. good pulls i would do around 12 million dmg to those adds, bad pulls was closer to 9 million dmg done. every dps needs to be squeezing every little bit out like that and you'll clear it easily.

the other thing i noticed was you're sending the mage over for engineers which is a waste of his dps, he should be on the boss full time and your warlock should be able to easily solo the engineer. we had our main lock solo it as well as every trial we ever had do it and none of them ever took more than 1 wipe to get it down, and as you can see in the logs he's already doing 80%+ of the engineers health anyways.

Thanks for the advice so far. Appreciate it and I will talk to our raiders about the AoE