Heroic Garrosh 10m: adds

Currently progressing on heroic garrosh 10man and while we've been able to get through to the final bonus phase before we still have trouble getting in to phase 2 consistently and cleanily. Besides the first intermission, one of our bigger issues is dealing with the adds that spawn in phase one. At this point we have the DPS to beat the second iron star, but not quite enough to beat the second bunch of adds, and it's this second bunch we are having problems dealing with. Half the time we'll end up losing someone randomly from getting stomped by a fixating add and wasting an early brez.
    How do people deal with the adds? Ideally we'd get them to 40% and let the iron star take care of the rest, but the 10 secs between them spawning and the star is a bit dicey. Any tips?

Let all the adds collapse in the middle and AoE Grip (if you have a DK) + Stun them, then follow it up with Void Tendrils (if you have a Priest). Leave a tank there while everyone runs away with the boss. If/when adds get loose, use CC that's not reserved for the transition (such as disarms, knockbacks, roots, slows, etc.) to keep them off players. Personal defensives are also a good idea and absolutely required for melee if they're going to stay on adds.

If you're beating the second Iron Star, try to also beat the Warsong. It's only a few seconds before it. Unbuffed adds are significantly less dangerous.

The important thing is that no-one interacts with the adds at all.

The moment you target them, or even breathe near them they "activate" and start their fixate. If you just totally ignore them, they'll run to the middle of the room nice and neatly, where your Tank can butcher them with their insane vengeance.

Secondly, you need to a good Stun & Knockback rotation. Find something that doesn't overlap but gives good control, and stick to it. Even being off by 1 second with a stun or knockback and cause real issues.

In your 10 Man team, if everyone runs with some form of AoE CC, you'll have more then enough to deal with them! Knock them back, and root them in place. Chain stun them and knock them back into the Iron Star as it passes. There is plenty for you to use, so use it.

What's your setup like. We lacked knockbacks/stuns in our alt run, and found that just having everyone go balls-to-the-walls AOE on them to take them out without the help of the ironstar was *a lot* safer. Sure, we might not beat the second star if we spend 10-15 seconds full out AOE'ing, but you don't really need to. You just stand there and wait for it to hit with no other dmg going out.

They seem to be sensitive to aggro before they reach the center -- since dps didn't touch them, I usually ended up having healing aggro just before the fixate. And I couldn't get rid of them regardless of what I did -- I tried stunning them near the tank and running away etc, nothing worked reliably. It seems a maximum of one can fixate on each player, so with two tanks, they won't be able to get all on them, and some adds will have to be tanked by other players.

Chain stuns and knockbacks are useful, but this depends on the amount you have in the group, and on their cooldowns since you need the stuns in the intermission.

Eventually I just used defensives (in my case astral shift, reinforce, and an external hand of protection), and healing cooldowns in that part.
    Last edited by Koor; 2014-07-03 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    As was said if you can nuke Garrosh to 10% before he does the Warsong on 2nd adds they posses no real threat. If you are able to get Garrosh to 10% before 2nd iron star then i would try to push a tad bit more dps not to get the Warsong. if not then just need to stun/knockback them or they will screw you over.

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    As was said if you can nuke Garrosh to 10% before he does the Warsong on 2nd adds they posses no real threat. If you are able to get Garrosh to 10% before 2nd iron star then i would try to push a tad bit more dps not to get the Warsong. if not then just need to stun/knockback them or they will screw you over.
    If you beat the second engineer timer, he won't cast Warsong. The engineer spawns at the same time that Garrosh begins the Warsong cast.

It might be beneficial to let second iron star hit and focus all dps on adds. This way there will be no adds up when he heals to 100% and you will be able to push him to 90%-91% before going to intermission phase. Sometimes we pushed Garrosh too fast and had adds up after he healed that resulted going to intermission phase with 94%-95%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The important thing is that no-one interacts with the adds at all.

The moment you target them, or even breathe near them they "activate" and start their fixate. If you just totally ignore them, they'll run to the middle of the room nice and neatly, where your Tank can butcher them with their insane vengeance.
    I don't believe anyone is actively attacking them before they reach the middle. The only thing I can think of would be cloak procs and other incidental cleave. Once they latch on though they are hell to get off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolstyj View Post
    Sometimes we pushed Garrosh too fast and had adds up after he healed that resulted going to intermission phase with 94%-95%.
    This is where we are at the moment. We're at that awkward break point where we can push to within 3-4 secs of the second Warsong, occasionally we beat it but it's not a given. If we don't get a second engineer we end up with adds alive and Garrosh healing back up and probably end up missing out on a few % of dps on him going in to the transition which will hurt us at the end of phase 2.

When we first killed him, taking those extra 3% off him before the first intermission was the difference between pushing P3 without a second intermission. Now we push him to 10% just as he casts the third Whirling Corruption, so he is under 5% before he even starts the transition to Phase 3 and is well under 30% before he starts doing anything in P3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    I don't believe anyone is actively attacking them before they reach the middle. The only thing I can think of would be cloak procs and other incidental cleave. Once they latch on though they are hell to get off.
    I think they re-fixate every 15 seconds, or if they get stunned or knocked back.