Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1. Troll
    2. Goblin
    3. Draenei
    4. Tauren
    5. Dwarf
    6. Pandaren (the race, in general, can die in a ditch, for all I care)

Quote Originally Posted by Erindia View Post
    1. Troll
    2. Goblin
    3. Draenei
    4. Tauren
    5. Dwarf
    6. Pandaren (the race, in general, can die in a ditch, for all I care)
    That's not a very nice thing to say.. Pandaren is an awesome race, in my opinion.
    And if you don't care for them, just leave them alone? Don't spread your words of hate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    We can only get that for Searing Totem though, and it bothers me that the totem then appears out of place in comparison to the other ones, especially if I also choose to use Totemic Encirclement. I want a Water Totem that has a Turtle or a Frog head and an Earth Totem that has a Bear or a Raptor head and an Air Totem with an Eagle or a Wolf head. Give me all of those and I would die a happy Shaman.
    that would really be cool. that is something they could to with the class quest if you ask me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    that would really be cool. that is something they could to with the class quest if you ask me
    Very off topic, but I so miss the old class quests we had to get our totems at like level 10. They were super cool. I know it doesn't actually effect me because I'm max level, but those were removed in cata, which is really sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Space goat ones look appropriately sci-fi and.. goatlike..

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    I want stormblast back from class quest, elemental can get sith lord lightning and resto can have visible healing rain or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
    So which race do you think has the best looking totems?
    Draenei.

Deleted
    1. Troll
    2. Orc
    3. Pandaren
    4. Tauren
    5. Goblin
    7. Dwarf
    8. Draenei

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Dwarf is the worst ones,just a simple recolour from my point of view.

Best one is probably the Draenies and the quests we had to do to get them back in the day

But the ones that ACTUALLY look like traditional totems goes to the Tauren,as they use totems not just as shamans but also in architecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I'm a huge Dwarf fan, but when I think of totems, the order from best to worst is probably:

1.) Tauren
    2.) Troll
    3.) Dwarf
    4.) Pandaren
    5.) Orc
    6.) Draenei
    7.) Goblin
    I'm totally with Ryngo here. Huge dwarf fan but their totems are bland. For me it would be

1) Tauren
    2) Troll
    3) Panda/Orc/Draenei
    4) Dwarf/Goblin

Deleted
    I can't even notice my totems. They are just some blobs that spew shit. I play draenei shaman as main. Would not miss totems if they removed them some day.

Deleted
    I can't really choose, I don't care/pay attention to them. They all mostly look fine, with exception of Draenei totems that look bit odd though.

1. Tauren/Troll
    2. Goblin
    3. Orc
    4. Draenei
    5. Panda
    6. Dwarf
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

My order is:

1. Troll
    I just love the sleek looking wards. Very RPish, very fitting for troll and also a nice reminder of the old WC3 wards.

1. Tauren
    This is a close contender with troll and shares first place. Look wise I probably value these over troll totems in general; where Troll totems really fit the race, these totems are just best looking in general. I absolutely love the faces on the totems. And these old things have been part of my repetoir for ages. I really miss the old model a lot to be honest, and I think they still look awesome. It would be nice if these things got an HD upgrade so that they look more wooden, but please NEVER change the looks.

----

To be frank I find the other totems to be largely weak or lame. Some of them just lack a bit of detail, others stray too far from totems to be "cool" in my eyes. If I had to make a rating then probably:
    3. Orc
    4. Dwarf
    (both of those are a bit dull, some more detail and diversity between the different elements would have been nice)

5. Draenei
    (bit big and too "unnatural" for a shaman)

6. Goblin
    (again totally straying away from the shaman feeling; they are fitting the race and are unique, but they don't fit shaman itself)

7. Pandaren
    (Little I like about these beer kegs, not shamanistic, not original, overall quite dull actually)

My list

Frankly though, I'd really wish that shamans could chose their totem models. It would add a nice bit of customization to the class, it would be a really simple thing to do as well.
    Fingers crossed this comes along with some of the other flavor items they were going to add (like hunter quivers / paladin librams / etc).
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2014-07-07 at 05:12 PM.

Goblin
    Orc
    Draenei
    Dwarf
    Tauren
    Pandaren
    Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
    That's not a very nice thing to say.. Pandaren is an awesome race, in my opinion.
    And if you don't care for them, just leave them alone? Don't spread your words of hate here.
    I'd get behind an attempted genocide of the Pandaren race.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Draenei
    2. Panda
    3. Goblin
    4. Dwarf

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren totems all the way because of nostalgic purposes. :P

INB4 flamed for being susceptible to nostalgia.

Tauren.

I'd love the ability to glyph Dwarf totems to runestones, or something more Wildhammer oriented (like mini-Aerie Peak statues). The Ironforge hammer with a couple of feathers slapped on doesn't scream 'shaman' to me.

Until then, Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Whether goblin totems are 'shamany' or not, (which they really aren't), they are my favorite for the single reason they are completely unique for each element.
    2. Orc totems I like because it looks like you could pull them out of the ground and whack someone with them, but they could use some uniqueness per element.
    3. Tauren are classic, but need uniqueness as well.
    4. Pandaren I like, but they need different color ropes around each to fit the elements better.
    5. Draenei are okay, not elemental enough, and need uniqueness.
    6. Troll gets high points for uniqueness, but are beyond flimsy looking, it looks like you pick up a bunch of sticks and tie them together and call it a totem.
    7. Dwarfs. /sigh On par with Tauren as a race for heartiness, yet their totems do not reflect this. They 'look' like they belong to dwarves, but they need to be thicker. And again, more unique per element.

Overall, I want each race to have 4 totems that match it's element better.

I would like to see:
    Water- the effect be a mini geyser, like you see on a cartoon whale when it breathes out water;
    Air- a little cyclone either spinning at the top or around the totem;
    Fire- maybe a fire animation like the burning trees in Ashenvale? Definitely the best looking fire in the game. I know it is used elsewhere, but it was the first time I saw the new fire, so it sticks with me, and why I associate it with Ashenvale;
    Earth- not sure here, maybe an Earthquake style effect at its base, or a earth shield style effect floating around it.
    Last edited by mykro9; 2014-07-09 at 06:55 AM.