Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Jewelcrafting in Warlords of Draenor

What happens with Jewelcrafting in Warlords of Draenor, does anyone know?

10+ Year Old Account
    More rings/necklaces, less gems I think.

Hm, nothing special? Like a new pet or something?

not sure to be honest if bliz has finished with their adjustments to jewel crafting on not. So far all the information they have given us is that gems will be more highly valued, slots won't appear on gear unless it is as a bonus roll on them item (tertiary stat/warforged) and that gems will be harder to come by maybe.

I know in the beta currently, the two types of ore, Black Rock and True Iron, even though they say prospect-able trying to prospect them gives you an error that "this ore doesn't contain any gems".

Doesn't look like Jewel Crafting is live on the beta yet. I know there hasn't been any information in the patch notes about Jewel Crafting specifically.

There will be less of a need for gems, but their plan is to make gems harder to make, thus cutting down on the supply and making them more valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have craftable rings/necklaces for every tier. Heroic mode item level. Also the normal gems, but they are going to cost a lot more since gem slots are rare.

- - - Updated - - -

I fear jc and enchanting will be useless like insc after the first tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Enchanting should always be valuable. Just as you need enchants for the gear slots now with upgrades, so the same will be true. We still have enchants, though they are just restricted to rings, necks, cloaks and weapons now. JC though it looks like less of the emphasis will be on gems. That can work though that means that they will have to give us more necks, rings and trinkets to fashion as a replacement.

Otherwise the profession will be worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its time necks and rings be shown on the model? We could make transmog rings and necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They should have craftable rings/necklaces for every tier. Heroic mode item level. Also the normal gems, but they are going to cost a lot more since gem slots are rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they make heroic level? Thats just screaming "I'm bad give me more gear to help progress" rather than doing mechanics/doing your role correctly.

Deleted
    Not that much information on Jewelcrafting from the datamined beta and alpha builds yet except for some Jewelcrafting toys which is not that much of content to be happy about, I'm sure they're gonna substitute the removed gems and cuts for something valuable (they mentioned that primary stats will not be on the new gems, i.e. No agility, intellect, or strength). It's just a matter of waiting to see what they have to offer Jewelcrafters and hopefully it'll be some new great stuff. I think the only valuable stuff that will stay in demand even in next expansion are the mounts and pets but we still need stuff for next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boxezbox View Post
    Why would they make heroic level? Thats just screaming "I'm bad give me more gear to help progress" rather than doing mechanics/doing your role correctly.
    Yah, I heard that people doing progression refuse to use crafted items, even if they're upgrades over the previous tier or difficulty level and especially if they got unlucky with drops. There's a special prize for guilds who don't min-max and rely instead on imaginary awesomeness.

Stay special

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    Yah, I heard that people doing progression refuse to use crafted items, even if they're upgrades over the previous tier or difficulty level and especially if they got unlucky with drops. There's a special prize for guilds who don't min-max and rely instead on imaginary awesomeness.

Stay special
    yes because people doing current tier of progress should be using craftables same ilvl as heroic? makes sense

Deleted
    yes because people doing current tier of progress should be using craftables same ilvl as heroic? makes sense
    If you mean a full set of craftables, then no, obviously, because it would trivialize anything below Mythic. But no one has argued anything like that, so there's no point in disputing it.

What's being argued is that JC was designed around selling consumables, that demand for consumables will be low in WoD, and that JCs should get something unique to sell. A heroic item won't carry bads through mechanics they can't handle, but would be desirable to everyone across the spectrum, from raiders replacing a bad drop or finally filling a slot, to the most casual of non-raiders who'd get a sense of progress by acquiring it.

I'm guessing you weren't around in BC, when we were stuck with ugly crafted crap until way into T5, since it was on a par with or better than T5 (and definitely better than T4). I guess what you call "bad," we used to call "prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    If you mean a full set of craftables, then no, obviously, because it would trivialize anything below Mythic. But no one has argued anything like that, so there's no point in disputing it.

What's being argued is that JC was designed around selling consumables, that demand for consumables will be low in WoD, and that JCs should get something unique to sell. A heroic item won't carry bads through mechanics they can't handle, but would be desirable to everyone across the spectrum, from raiders replacing a bad drop or finally filling a slot, to the most casual of non-raiders who'd get a sense of progress by acquiring it.

I'm guessing you weren't around in BC, when we were stuck with ugly crafted crap until way into T5, since it was on a par with or better than T5 (and definitely better than T4). I guess what you call "bad," we used to call "prepared."
    And my first comment on this thread was because OP stated there should be heroic rings/necks for every tier. Which therefore, everything you just said is irrelevant and you're trying so hard to be a keyboard warrior. It's okay i promise.

As long as they require mats that only drop from the current raid, I don't see the problem they've done stuff like that before in previous x-PAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    As long as they require mats that only drop from the current raid, I don't see the problem they've done stuff like that before in previous x-PAC
    Yup, they also have mentioned that after removing the gold perk from guilds they're going to give some other sources of income for guilds, only example they mentioned was that they're returning the BOE drops to raids in WoD (I can already imagine pug groups fighting over the drops in my head now lol). So I hope they're going to also give Jewelcrafters the ability to use some mats obtained from the raids and craft useful items for their guilds (like they cut tons of gems for their guilds since TBC).

Deleted
    And my first comment on this thread was because OP stated there should be heroic rings/necks for every tier. Which therefore, everything you just said is irrelevant and you're trying so hard to be a keyboard warrior. It's okay i promise.
    How does that change anything? You'll always have only one current "heroic" item.

Professions haven't been touched on yet hardly at all. It's far too early to know much about them as far as new stuff.

Some information about JC has been released. This is what is known so far: Gems are secondary stat only. Gear has less sockets overall. Uncut gems will be harder to obtain.

I've been a jewelcrafter since it came out in BC. I have almost every cut in the game. I really dislike the changes, but nothing we can do about it. Blizzard is pretty set on a major professionals overhaul.

New info was released today on JC. Big list of stuff:

http://beta.wowdb.com/items?filter-search=Taladite

Three things I noticed: 1) The only gem I can find info on is Taladite, which according to the tooltip is produced by the Garrison, 2) There are only 6 total cuts, no hybrids and all gems are prismatic, 3) there are 6 epic ilvl 640 neck and ring patterns with random stat rolls, a ring and a neck for each of the three primary stats.

There are two interesting items though:

Taladite Amplifier
    Greater Taladite Amplifier