Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    They're trying to kill it if they're serious.

Like why would any non warrior melee even bother to do ashran when you have hunters that have a 0 CD disengage, mages that can blink every 5 seconds and druids that can fly?
    I cant for my life understand whats going on here. PLEASE someone give me that piece of missing information that
    makes this logical because i cant see it. As of now im not even planning on playing wod if these items are going live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, they add flavour and I'll definitely be checking it out. Ashran will undeniably be a zerg-fest anyway, so these won't make too much of a difference when everybody's clustered together fighting amongst each other. It's not like you're going to be walking down the road and three hunters aerial swoop you from the sky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    these won't make too much of a difference
    Quoted this so I can come back a few weeks into WoD and ask if you still feel the same way

It's not like you're going to be walking down the road and three hunters aerial swoop you from the sky.
    This sounds exactly like holinka's defense of Taste of Blood in 5.0; "It happens rarely so it's fine that it does a ton of damage with 5 stacks". Just because it's not happening every time you encounter a Hunter, doesn't mean that it's fine. If Hunters get this pushed through, Melee should get no cooldown teleports to keep up because that's really how retarded this is as a concept. A gap maker as well as either a perma sprint or always being able to root anyone who you run upto. Considering that Hunters are still able to cast on the move, you'll see Hunters running towards people just to root them, because why not? You've got not CD on DE so what are you risking?
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2014-07-14 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Quoted this so I can come back a few weeks into WoD and ask if you still feel the same way
    Go for it. I'm always up for more PvP dynamics as it does get stale sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    This sounds exactly like holinka's defense of Taste of Blood in 5.0; "It happens rarely so it's fine that it does a ton of damage with 5 stacks". Just because it's not happening every time you encounter a Hunter, doesn't mean that it's fine. If Hunters get this pushed through, Melee should get no cooldown teleports to keep up because that's really how retarded this is as a concept. A gap maker as well as either a perma sprint or always being able to root anyone who you run upto. Considering that Hunters are still able to cast on the move, you'll see Hunters running towards people just to root them, because why not? You've got not CD on DE so what are you risking?
    That quote there was actually sarcasm.

That quote there was actually sarcasm.
    Even so, it's still a retarded idea. Charge should have no CD, Shadowstep should have no CD, Death Grip should have no CD, Ret should teleport the target to them with their item. That's basically what this bonus is for Hunters. Can you imagine how much outrage there'd be if Melee were given this instead of Ranged, considering most of MoP has been about Melee uptime?

As I said before, I'm all for quirky and different mechanics but this is neither. This is yet another reason to roll Hunter in WoD. Caster mobility is being toned down, instants are being made casts yet Hunters mobility isn't being touched. If I see any ranged in Ashran I'd be shocked if it was anything but a Hunter, maybe a Mage considering their item is Blink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Even so, it's still a retarded idea. Charge should have no CD, Shadowstep should have no CD, Death Grip should have no CD, Ret should teleport the target to them with their item. That's basically what this bonus is for Hunters. Can you imagine how much outrage there'd be if Melee were given this instead of Ranged, considering most of MoP has been about Melee uptime?

As I said before, I'm all for quirky and different mechanics but this is neither. This is yet another reason to roll Hunter in WoD. Caster mobility is being toned down, instants are being made casts yet Hunters mobility isn't being touched. If I see any ranged in Ashran I'd be shocked if it was anything but a Hunter, maybe a Mage considering their item is Blink.
    Hunter mobility isn't being touched because ranged damage on the move has always been a Hunter niche. It's not "another reason" to roll a Hunter, either, and that applies to the Mage too. You're over-exaggerating at the estimates of representation a bit there.

You may think that some items are too far-fetched, but most of them are fine.