Poll: High ilvl requirements for heirloom runs a viable complaint: Yes or No?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Whenever someone complains about my 560+ Flex Garry groups, I tell them to go create their own groups.

If they tell me I want a carry, I just point out that I'm 585 and the fact that they think they're so high and mighty to demand for a spot in MY group with MY rules makes me believe that they're the ones looking for a carry.
    Well, the business about wanting a carry will be over soon enough since you can't file a group in the new version of the Looking for Group UI that has a higher requirement than what you're wearing. That's a good change.

To the OP: You're fine. Ignore them. Just run your group, be fair and honest and the word will get out over time. You're doing it right.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

On my main and better geared alts, I won't join PuGs with below 560 ilvl for a BoA farm.

I'm addicted to a sub-5 minute kill and sub-20 minute wing, and you can't make me go back!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    On my main and better geared alts, I won't join PuGs with below 560 ilvl for a BoA farm.

I'm addicted to a sub-5 minute kill and sub-20 minute wing, and you can't make me go back!
    Killing Garrosh before the second realm intermission is always satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I run a flex group every week with friends and randoms. It's flex 4 for an heirloom run. I set the minimum bar at 550. I do this to compensate for adding people of which I have no knowledge of their capabilities. I mostly do this through OQueue.

However, when I try to speed things up via trade I tend to get a lot of messages berating me for setting the minimum ilvl at 550. That I'm asking for "overgeared" and "HC ready" people. That I "want to be carried" (I'm 581 so that doesn't exactly apply). I make a brief statement about how it's my run and if they're unhappy with my requirements they can make their own. The complaints still come flooding in though.

I personally do not care because even with setting it to 550 people still sign up and it's a very quick run for a shot at an heirloom, but what is the overall view of setting a flex heirloom run to an ilvl higher than the gear it drops?
    Why not set it for 580, if your looking for a blast through and Heirloom run?

What is the recommended? 525? There reason people complain is simple, if they overgear it, then they wouldn't need to run it, with you or at all. So overgearing by 40 ilvls is steep.

Skill out weights gear everytime, unless you are talking about Heroic progression raiding. Like someone else said, it's your raid with high requirements, it's unnecessary, but it's your raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Because I'm not stupid. I know that setting it to 580 is extreme overkill and severely limits how quickly I can form a group.

What is the recommended? 525? There reason people complain is simple, if they overgear it, then they wouldn't need to run it, with you or at all. So overgearing by 40 ilvls is steep.
    I'm not doing the run for gearing. I've clearly stated that. This is a run for heirlooms.

Skill out weights gear everytime, unless you are talking about Heroic progression raiding. Like someone else said, it's your raid with high requirements, it's unnecessary, but it's your raid.
    As true as this may be, you do not know who you're teaming up with in pugs. Increasing the item level requirement adds a safety net that helps to compensate with the inevitably bad people you'll end up with. Even something as simple as a language barrier can lead to problems.

10+ Year Old Account

The last part of the raid is tuned for around 540+ not 525, we are not killing the first boss.

Deleted
    Do not forget that when you talk about tuning you're talking about progress runs. Pugs do not have the patience for that most of the time.

Deleted
    is your ilvl requirement set too high: yes i think it is for flex 4.

should you therefore lower it? no, you're leading the group. so you can choose what ever requirements you want to. that's the perk of making the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    For heirloom only runs? No.

That sort of behaviour is exactly why LFR existed in the first place, and yet it is those responsible who complain the most about something THEY created the need for.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a valid complaint at all. You want to get to Garrosh and you're not going to with sub-550 people at the speed you want to. You want one shots and to demolish the place. Perfectly reasonable.

Skill out weights gear everytime
    A statement that is clung onto by the unskilled every time, skilled players know gear plays apart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    A statement that is clung onto by the unskilled every time, skilled players know gear plays apart.
    Exactly, this is extremely evident in the massive dps spikes we have seen in MoP going from 100k dps to 400k+ in one expac
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    That is not true, gear plays apart when the player is skilled. Seeing the amount of morons/slackers above 550. I rather take one with skill then gear, provided it is atleast 530.

Never really had the issue you're undergeared, saying a simple that you're skilled gets you an invite more then half the time.

550 for a heirloom run is actually the lowest I have seen. Most ask for 570+.

Also no.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    why would you invite low ilvl people for a farm run, when there are enough people with high ilvl who will gladly join you?

It's always a question of supply and demand, and as long as the supply allows it, you can demand whatever you want.

I do make a point of always checking that raid lead and his friends actually do have the required ilvl. Not gonna bother with carrying someone

As others said, your group, your rules. But it helps if you don't set the bar too high. I know when I felt lazy I just set the bar high enough that I wouldn't have to worry about actually having to explain shit to people... :P You're gonna have to take the abuse and wait that much longer, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You're gonna have to take the abuse and wait that much longer, though.
    Seriously doubt that a 550+ flex 4 run doesn't fill quickly. Unless you're only advertising on a dead realm or at impossible hours.

I run a flex group every week with friends and randoms. It's flex 4 for an heirloom run. I set the minimum bar at 550. I do this to compensate for adding people of which I have no knowledge of their capabilities. I mostly do this through OQueue.

However, when I try to speed things up via trade I tend to get a lot of messages berating me for setting the minimum ilvl at 550. That I'm asking for "overgeared" and "HC ready" people. That I "want to be carried" (I'm 581 so that doesn't exactly apply). I make a brief statement about how it's my run and if they're unhappy with my requirements they can make their own. The complaints still come flooding in though.

I personally do not care because even with setting it to 550 people still sign up and it's a very quick run for a shot at an heirloom, but what is the overall view of setting a flex heirloom run to an ilvl higher than the gear it drops?
    It's fine.

When I am gearing up, for example, I am looking for groups around my ilvl. I don't want to get carried, but I don't want to carry either. I *prefer* groups that have ilvl requirement that is as high as possible to groups that don't have it. It just makes sense.

I totally understand the concept that the higher ilvl you set your group the narrower your selection of people becomes. In my experience anything over 560 is slightly overkill when it comes to heirloom runs and you're just harming the process of obtaining people by making it take longer to find them. People start getting impatient and leaving and it just exacerbates things.
    Actually I wouldn't want to join a 530+ or 540+ group for flex 4/garrosh only, I would rather wait until I see one with 550+, 560+ or even higher requirement. My point being that having lower ilvl requirement also narrows down your selection of people

On wednesdays you could even require 580+ and fill the group really fast because they would know it will take really little time.

As is probably clear from my post my answer to the OP's question is no, it is not right to complain about high requirements.
    Speed is a perfectly valid reason to set higher ilvl requirement.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |