Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    The thing is the gourmet arc shouldn't even be happening right now. Also one thing doesn't make sense either with this episode. Why is Yoma training Kaneki all of a sudden. Also the fact they skipped 20 chapters from episode 3-4 so YAY!

Everything else is great, the animation is great, the music is great, they nailed everything but the story.

Seems the studio isn't even considering a s2 with the way they are going or even a split cour for that matter.
    I definitely have to agree. It should be Touka that was training Kaneki, then Yomo suddenly appears while Kaneki is "training for backflips" (Awkward Touka - Kaneki situation #1) so they both spar with him and get their asses handed to them. And we still need to see Uta giving Kaneki his mask... but walking in while Touka is stripping his shirt (awkward Touka - Kaneki moment #2).

Definitely don't like the cutting / changing things in the story. Its really holding this anime back. Everything else is great / amazing but the unnecessary cuts really keep it from being one of the top anime this summer in my opinion. Half a year run (24-26 episdoes) or something like 2 seasons would of been great.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2014-07-24 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    I definitely have to agree. It should be Touka that was training Kaneki, then Yomo suddenly appears while Kaneki is "training for backflips" (Awkward Touka - Kaneki situation #1) so they both spar with him and get their asses handed to them.

Definitely don't like the cutting / changing things in the story. Its really holding this anime back. Everything else is great / amazing but the unnecessary cuts really keep it from being one of the top anime this summer in my opinion. Half a year run (24-26 episdoes) or something like 2 seasons would of been great.
    The manga is popular it could easily print money yet sadly as soon as I knew that studio was taking the reigns on making this anime all hype for it was lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to like this anime, but the censoring is just too much. Going to wait for the BD's probably.

Love anime,I'll definitely have to give this one a try!

I have to say, episode 5 is actually quite satisfying despite the earlier episodes being rushed / out of original order. I was expecting Touka to kick Tsukiyama's ass this episode but sadly not. It's going to be amazing seeing it animated next week though.

They completely changed that the Fueguchi father was supposed to be dead before the series started, and the only reason the CCG investigators confirmed Ryouko / Hinami as Ghouls is because they caught Ryouko visiting the grave of Fueguchi father and dug up the mask in the grave.

Overall a good episode but unnecessarily changing things is a tad annoying.

Also Touka's Kagune is amazing as well. The fight was short but oh so satisfying (except for the censorship part) watching Touka "kill" Tsukiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    They completely changed that the Fueguchi father was supposed to be dead before the series started, and the only reason the CCG investigators confirmed Ryouko / Hinami as Ghouls is because they caught Ryouko visiting the grave of Fueguchi father and dug up the mask in the grave.

Overall a good episode but unnecessarily changing things is a tad annoying.

Also Touka's Kagune is amazing as well. The fight was short but oh so satisfying (except for the censorship part) watching Touka "kill" Tsukiyama.
    Well most people I know have dropped the anime and have moved on to the manga the anime by it self is a good stand alone but anyone who read the manga can be rather pissed the way it turned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Well most people I know have dropped the anime and have moved on to the manga the anime by it self is a good stand alone but anyone who read the manga can be rather pissed the way it turned out.
    I did that saw the first couple of episodes and thought it was cool so I finished catching up to the manga last night. Pretty good so far although some of the fight scenes look confusing to me.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    I did that saw the first couple of episodes and thought it was cool so I finished catching up to the manga last night. Pretty good so far although some of the fight scenes look confusing to me.
    In the manga or anime that they are confusing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow episode 10 was total like punisher (violence).
    Don't sweat the details!!!