1. #1

    Changes for now.

    rage generation increased by 25% for Arms.
    Rend returns for Arms. Costs 10 Rage, deals damage over 18sec, with a burst of bleed damage at the end. Total damage is similar to a Mortal Strike.
    Thunder Clap is usable in any stance. AoE damage and snares, 6sec cooldown. 30 Rage cost for Arms, free for Protection.
    We’re replace the level 45 talent row (Staggering Shout / Piercing Howl / Disrupting Shout) with:
    Varies by spec:
    Arms – Taste for Blood: Passive. Rend ticks grant 3 Rage.
    Fury – Furious Strikes: Passive. Reduces the cost of Wild Strike by 10 Rage.
    Protection – Heavy Repercussions: Passive. Shield Slam deals 50% additional damage while Shield Block is active.
    Sudden Death: Passive. Auto attacks have a chance to trigger Sudden Death, making your next Execute free and usable on targets above 20% health.
    Varies by spec:
    Arms – Slam: Active ability. Costs 10 Rage. Deals 100% weapon damage. Each consecutive use increases Slam’s damage by 50% and Rage cost by 100%, stacking up to 5 times.
    Fury – Unquenchable Thirst: Passive. Bloodthirst has no cooldown.
    Protection – Unyielding Strikes: Passive. Devastate reduces the Rage cost of Heroic Strike by 6, stacking up to 5 times. Lasts 10 sec. No longer refreshes while at 5 stacks.



    This is insane, they solve a little some problems and even put more options in playstyle with new talents let's see in beta how is this gonna be but i am glad to see this changes.

  2. #2
    This is a LOT to chew on, but great news.

  3. #3
    Multidotting Rend on AOE encounters sounds like it could make for some awesome AOE madness. Slam as a Arcane Blast-like stacking mechanic could be cool too.
    <Midwinter>
    Armory

    Focusing your rage spending inside Colossus Smash windows, without wasting rage, is very much an intended gameplay element. Celestalon

  4. #4
    but one thing that i thought now, disrupting shout removed or became baseline? it was an awesome skill. but nvm ;p

  5. #5
    "Fury – Unquenchable Thirst: Passive. Bloodthirst has no cooldown."

    I lol'd.... What the hell! This is going to be a crazy play-style.

  6. #6
    High Overlord jadedfuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hopefully Somewhere North
    Posts
    178
    Unquenchable Thirst sounds too OP. It also sounds fun. It may actually make me want to play fury.

    Arms might feel better after this. Still want Overpower back though.

  7. #7
    Spreading information like this is so dangerous - that isn't the whole picture. I'm concerned they're going to decide something like "Unquenchable Thirst is too OP, we'll have to cut/redesign it" and everyone will be angry about more broken promises.

    Keep in mind that there was more to Celestalon's post than what was quoted above.

    "So, we don't often share our thoughts on upcoming changes this early, as plans can change very rapidly. Please keep in mind that none of the following is set in stone – it hasn't even been developed yet – and there’s any number of issues that could cause us to decide to take a different approach. That said, we definitely agree that Arms feels a bit empty at the moment, and want to fill it out a bit more, and we want to add some talent choices to both Arms and Fury that provide options for more involved gameplay."

    Not trying to be a downer, but...I can definitely see this being a case of "omg wtf blizz you promised us these changes!" when the only thing that gets quoted is the list of changes, and not the clarification beforehand.

    [E] That said, this does sound fun and might actually get me back into playing my warrior...
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    First, however, I must escape the clutches of the evil warlock Chris Metzonius of Blizzardonia. Only then may I return to Azeroth and smite the Horde with righteous fury!


  8. #8
    Dreadlord joepesci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany (EU Outland)
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by bertzz View Post
    Fury – Unquenchable Thirst: Passive. Bloodthirst has no cooldown.
    This is interesting. So the new Bloodthirst cooldown will be the GCD, that is 1.5 sec for warriors?

    With the glyph and the perk, they will heal 2.4% maximum health per 1.5 seconds, as long as they can hit the target.
    Recuperate does 7.2% per 3 sec (3.6% per 1,5 sec).

    So yeah... nothing OP here.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jadedfuture View Post
    Unquenchable Thirst sounds too OP. It also sounds fun. It may actually make me want to play fury.

    Arms might feel better after this. Still want Overpower back though.

    agree-i would take old school OP back over slam and rend any day.rend should be applied passively not a button we have to hit.make our crits or MS apply "rend" and have "rend" proc OP uses,just like old taste for blood.on top of that make OP proc off dodge/parry like it always has.make OP high cirt and strong like it use to be.

  10. #10
    At this point, I don't look for any of the changes we've seen go live. I mean.. they've given Arms Slam again, but in the form of a TALENT.. that alone screams either lazy, or "we're not sure how to take things now, we need help. but we're not going to admit we need help, so go away."

    I actually really like the idea of reactive talents, that change based on spec; that itself is pretty neat. But what I don't like is the fact that they're gutting the playstyle of my favorite class, and then lazily handing us part of it back (read: Slam as a talent with a REVERSE ramp-up mechanic. That's right, Slam is worse with more stacks in its current iteration.). If I remember correctly, there's not even a choice (for Arms at least) as to what talent to pick: Slam. It's free damage. The mechanic involved is horrible, but it's free damage, much more so than something with a cooldown.

    That alone goes against everything the new talent trees were implemented for. So I don't look for Slam to stay there, as it is mandatory no matter how you look at it.

    They need to find a niche for Arms, and focus on that. At this point I can't say whether that's going to be Rend/bleed damage, some kind of "weapon expertise/weapon master" thing, armor penetration, or what. Fury kind of already has its niche.. assuming they don't destroy it in this process. But point is: I sincerely doubt what we know now will be the same this time next week. I honestly quit worrying so much about it.

    Until I read the post saying "this is what it's going to be like in live", I'm not going to fret over these changes, and instead hope they give Arms something back so it isn't a "wait for auto-attacks" spec.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome DrArtorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Natal, Brazil
    Posts
    691
    What in the seven hells is this Unquenchable Thirst? This is seriously good.
    "Haste will fix it" - Ghostcrawler

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimatic View Post
    At this point, I don't look for any of the changes we've seen go live. I mean.. they've given Arms Slam again, but in the form of a TALENT.. that alone screams either lazy, or "we're not sure how to take things now, we need help. but we're not going to admit we need help, so go away."

    I actually really like the idea of reactive talents, that change based on spec; that itself is pretty neat. But what I don't like is the fact that they're gutting the playstyle of my favorite class, and then lazily handing us part of it back (read: Slam as a talent with a REVERSE ramp-up mechanic. That's right, Slam is worse with more stacks in its current iteration.). If I remember correctly, there's not even a choice (for Arms at least) as to what talent to pick: Slam. It's free damage. The mechanic involved is horrible, but it's free damage, much more so than something with a cooldown.

    That alone goes against everything the new talent trees were implemented for. So I don't look for Slam to stay there, as it is mandatory no matter how you look at it.

    They need to find a niche for Arms, and focus on that. At this point I can't say whether that's going to be Rend/bleed damage, some kind of "weapon expertise/weapon master" thing, armor penetration, or what. Fury kind of already has its niche.. assuming they don't destroy it in this process. But point is: I sincerely doubt what we know now will be the same this time next week. I honestly quit worrying so much about it.

    Until I read the post saying "this is what it's going to be like in live", I'm not going to fret over these changes, and instead hope they give Arms something back so it isn't a "wait for auto-attacks" spec.
    I'm really starting to hate this game because of changes like this. It's like they can't keep players interest in the game without changing classes play style and skill set.

  13. #13
    The Patient Earthbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    347
    I wonder if each individual Rend gives the 3 rage per tick. That would lead to some really interesting mass-AoE playstyles.

    Tab Rend on everything, then you can literally spam AoE infinitely.
    but everything's straight like 9:15
    it's back to the time machine, i believe

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    I wonder if each individual Rend gives the 3 rage per tick. That would lead to some really interesting mass-AoE playstyles.

    Tab Rend on everything, then you can literally spam AoE infinitely.
    I'm really not seeing it as being worthwhile. Rend costs 10 rage to apply, if Rend doesn't get to tick at least 4 times, all you did was waste rage. Similarly, the burst at the end seems to be intended to avoid tab dotting, by putting most of the damage at the end, if you put it on a mob that dies quickly, you just wasted your rage.

    It'll probably be great for a 2 target cleave where both targets are up for a long time. But in a true aoe situation, mobs just don't tend to last long enough to make that work.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    I'm really not seeing it as being worthwhile. Rend costs 10 rage to apply, if Rend doesn't get to tick at least 4 times, all you did was waste rage. Similarly, the burst at the end seems to be intended to avoid tab dotting, by putting most of the damage at the end, if you put it on a mob that dies quickly, you just wasted your rage.

    It'll probably be great for a 2 target cleave where both targets are up for a long time. But in a true aoe situation, mobs just don't tend to last long enough to make that work.
    Deüends on what you regard as a true aoe fght. Klaxxi, troll council or those two concubines before lei shen would all have prifited from that rend.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    There is a reason you don't just pull numbers out of your ass and throw them on the forums. People will show you wrong. Ass numbers are useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I can't believe warriors wine about their defensive capabilities. DK's and warrs are even on heals.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,572
    Please stick the relevant 6.0 changes thread:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •