View Poll Results: What is the most OP class in 5.4.8?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death Knight

2 1.59%
  • Druid

4 3.17%
  • Hunter

18 14.29%
  • Mage

9 7.14%
  • Monk

12 9.52%
  • Paladin

2 1.59%
  • Priest

3 2.38%
  • Rogue

6 4.76%
  • Shaman

5 3.97%
  • Warlock

38 30.16%
  • Warrior4

27 21.43%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    I can't vote! Too tough decision between balance and ele.

I'm thinking in a bg/rbg/1v1/2v2 situation here btw.
    They have the off healing, the escapes (boomkins, at least), the utility (healing tide, healing stream, solar beam, vortex, defenses, knockbacks, grounding, tremor, symbiosis, roots) and last but not least damage.

I find their damage to be high yet unpredictable, with 80k + 80k lava bursts and 100k+ starsurges. Maybe its possible to live through the damage, but the healing they pump out at the same time is almost insulting

I can't forget WW monks either. Up your ass all the time, offhealing, roots, stuns, annoying tiger, interupts, their own trinket, and should all else fail, run away like a rogue. Jesus. Im sure there's something I havent mentioned too.

For reference I play a destro lock. Because real men cast chaos bolts and gets rejected from random RBG groups because "affli is much better" :| meh

With the advent of Bloody Coin farming in BGs and looking at number KBs accumulated per round it is obvious the top three OP classes are Locks, Mages and Warriors as they always seem to have 2-3x as many as anyone else.

Heck just did a IoC where at the end a Lock on our team had 25kbs the next highest number of kbs was 6 and that was a quick round.

Heh I like how I guessed "Warlock > Warrior > Hunter" as top 3 and got it right...

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    3v3 is the only proper bracket in the game, random and rated bgs are beyond a joke
    That's a fine opinion. I personally have contempt for every arena bracket except possibly 5v5, which I admittedly have never done. 3v3 is nothing more than gimmick PVP far as I'm concerned.

The randomness of random bgs, despite the many shortcomings therein, is why I consider it to be the closest to true PVP outside of wPVP which rarely happens. Arena in general is a joke that is forced on bg players in order to get conquest gear as quickly as possible. I can understand why the die hard competitive players may dig that style of combat, but it is still mostly a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    That's a fine opinion. I personally have contempt for every arena bracket except possibly 5v5, which I admittedly have never done. 3v3 is nothing more than gimmick PVP far as I'm concerned.

The randomness of random bgs, despite the many shortcomings therein, is why I consider it to be the closest to true PVP outside of wPVP which rarely happens. Arena in general is a joke that is forced on bg players in order to get conquest gear as quickly as possible. I can understand why the die hard competitive players may dig that style of combat, but it is still mostly a gimmick.
    how is the only 'balanced' part of pvp a gimmick? I mean you're right it's not really balanced, but bgs are even more of a joke. I mean it's pve essentially.
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

Warlocks PVE and PVP wise

Mostly because random bgs are filled with imbecils that work against each other and their own team. So.... its close to a deathmatch?

OT: who the hell voted for pala?
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

I'm actually surprised DK is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by Eridon View Post
    I'm actually surprised DK is so low.
    Are you surprised that they arent OP this season (because theyre not) or
    are you surprised that they are this low on the votes (which also isnt that surprising because they arent op).
    Epic!

I'm surprised (not really) blizzard hasn't toned down warlocks and warriors on live, it's almost as if they don't give a fuck about live.