Poll: What is the most OP class in 5.4.8?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Monks are definitely the worst in 2s. Warriors and Mages are counterable, but their upfront burst is so painful with their level of control that a good one can really ruin your day. I've yet to come up against an Affliction Warlock/Shadow Priest at my MMR that has done anything particularly painful.

Deleted
    Ill say warlocks cause they make up for most of the aidsiest comps atm combined with shammies. ( hls,lsd,lsd2,wwls )

It crazy how many people are lumping destro/aff lock as if they are the same spec. As others have mentioned its more about what type of pvp you are doing. I think power is in a pretty good space actually but if I had to choose I would have to say monks. Locks are amazing because of spam able fear, Aff is amazing because they have the best spread pressure and destro is good because of the high burst/execute and self heals but I dont think its over powered. The only reason they may feel overpowered is because of the synergy they have with with their team members but this is an over powered class thread not an overpowered comp thread

Hunters and ferals are really strong and you cannot run away from them pretty much. Warlock is strong too but kite-able.

Warlocks, for sure.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Warlocks are pretty much gods in PvP and PvE atm.
    Funny, I don't have any problem taking them down regardless of what I'm playing. I'm not sure how warlocks are winning this by so much.

Affliction warlocks, marksmanship hunters, restoration shamans, elemental shamans, and arms warriors. That first one is particularly frustrating, though. Considering I infinitely prefer destruction gameplay (affliction is incredibly boring and counterintuitive to my playstyle) but couldn't find anyone to play with this season. People would just harass me to swap to affliction, usually as a joke and then as a "Well, we're actually replacing you for easy wins." Honestly prevented me from pushing any higher this season (Capped out at 1970 in holy priest / survival hunter / destruction warlock). Before you chastise me for not changing my spec, ask if you'd want to change your class; the playstyle difference is comparable.
    Last edited by Anonymous1038853; 2014-09-07 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Funny, I don't have any problem taking them down regardless of what I'm playing. I'm not sure how warlocks are winning this by so much.
    Warlocks Work too well with Most classes, 1v1 they are not OP, but with teammates Warlocks have great synergy and makes them incredibly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Well 34% of the people in this thread seem to think they are OP. I don't PvP but I think I will believe the majority here.
    It's because affliction warlocks are very powerful in group-play, but are quite weak 1v1. One of the main things that contribute to their power is the punishing dispel protection on unstable affliction. But in 1v1 play, this becomes a lot less evident because most DPS don't have a reliable magic dispel, and fear takes on an entirely different role. It's really no surprise that people can thrash an affliction warlock in a duel setting, because pretty much all of their boons are related to organized group play: Spread pressure, dispel protection, powerful CC, baseline damage mitigation, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    They mouse over the Heroic geared ones with sl/sac and see 1m HP. That immediately makes them the most OP class evar, because as we know all warlock casts are instant, un-interruptible and Fear lasts 600 seconds.

Let's forget about the passive, mindless dot Deep Wounds critting for 90k per tick tho.

Deleted
    As a DK, hunters and warriors are the most annoying to try to kill in BGs. Either they'll one-shot you or kite you while dealing extreme damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which class is the most OP in what respect?
    PvE?
    PvP (2v2, 3v3, 5v5, BGs)?
    Which class has the best transmog?
    Racial abilities/passives?
    Pet Battling?
    Specify OP, god damnit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

lol at people saying warriors. They got mega neutered for WoD. mages will be broken op as usual.

A top tier feral will rape everyone else in terms of damage. But, considering effort:reward ratio, and the fact that they're ranged it has to be Warlocks.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by JackBeckman View Post
    As a DK, hunters and warriors are the most annoying to try to kill in BGs. Either they'll one-shot you or kite you while dealing extreme damage.
    DK what spec cause I can actually take warriors in frost spec if I play defensive. Brewmaster monks, hunters and boomkins make me crap bricks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    lol at people saying warriors. They got mega neutered for WoD. mages will be broken op as usual.
    Then maybe you should head to the "most op class in wod"-thread!?

10+ Year Old Account
    3s

Voted Arms Warrior, imo they are too good cause of all things mentioned above + their all-time OP synergy with any healer in arenas.
    Affli Locks are close 2nd imo.
    Frost Magi - 3rd.

MM Hunter / Boomkin / Spriest / Ele Shaman + all healers except Dpriest and Hpala = above average

Enh Shaman / Feral / Sub Rogue / Surv Hunter / Fire Mage / Destro Lock / UH DK + Hpala = average tier

WW Monk / Demo Lock / BM Hunter / Guardian Druid / Fury Warrior + Dpriest = below average

Ret / Frost DK / Non-Sub Rogues / All tanks except Guardian / Arcane Mage - very bad.

Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-09-12 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Haha, end of the year 2013 20% of all classes were warriors in the arenas (3v3). Thats when i stopped to pvp because they are just op and it was to boring see one in every 2nd game. Its sick how the next best class represented with 1 spec is a mage with 10% and the other in this area actually represent up to 3 specs in 1. Balanced my ass lol. What could be better then such statistics to try and balance classes out. But i guess with just 1 year to WoW it was just not worth to carse about pvp (well same goes for PVE...). They didnt even put effort to into make new gear fro S15, its just the same gear with % more stats. Took for sure at least 5 min to adjust that.

Im glad i took a break

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the highest rating is 3k+, I'd hardly judge what the Most OP class is by "what can get 2.2". I think a better judgement of those statistics would be to say that warriors are super OP at 2200 and lower, and that's because an idiot warrior mongo'ing his buttons and not being able to do much else, sadly, works up to 2-2.2k.

Everytime I check pvpratings.com I see resto shammies and aff locks, I think those 2 were mentioned earlier as some of the most played classes at higher brackets.