Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They used it from the start in EverQuest. It really doesn't complicate things at all.
    Used in Guild Wars and Wildstar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    Not really, unlike the original 214748g 36s 47c gold cap, the current cap is just an arbitrary design decision, there isn't any technical reason for it to be 999999g.
    In fact, if I'm not mistaken, internally all money is stored as copper, the gold and silver is just something that's shown by the ui for readability purposes.

Anyway, I don't think an additional currency unit is really needed yet, but I at the same time it wouldn't hurt either.
    I was going to say just this. Having platinum won't change anything. Hell, this can probably be "supported" via addons. Gold and silver are both representations of your character's only currency: copper.

IMO, this would be a wasted idea to implement. It wouldn't change anything or serve any real purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Would help with gold capping issues....

999,999 Gold cap = 9,999 Platinum. Meaning you can hoard a total of 99,999,999 Gold(100 million)

I'd be all for it, but you have to consider that for some it might seem like Platinum is useless because majority of the stuff in the game doesn't cost anywhere near 100g.

But in the end, gold capping concerns such a tiny tiny tiny amount of players, pleasing them is like adding higher level herbs to Wandering Isles if people want to get to 90 through Herblore/Mining alone(like that 1 guy did) while being Neutral.
    It would do nothing to solve capping issues, for that is still stored in copper.
    Any given number format has a finite upper limit for the number it can represent.
    1m is just an arbitrary "neat" limit below the actual upper limit that it can currently support.
    Raising the limit would simply see people aim for a new one.

214,748 Gold, 36 Silver and 46 Copper was limited by the use of a 32-bit signed integer, which had a range from its lowest to highest value of 2,147,483,647.
    It was stored in copper then, and it still is.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-07-04 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is asking the most important question- Where would this Platinum come from? Azeroth currently does not have ANY Platinum ore/bars/whatever. Theres copper, silver, and gold, but there is absolutel no Platinum ore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Nobody is asking the most important question- Where would this Platinum come from? Azeroth currently does not have ANY Platinum ore/bars/whatever. Theres copper, silver, and gold, but there is absolutel no Platinum ore.
    It is truly a time to be alive when questions such as these are being asked.

It doesn't benefit WoW at all, everything would still be the same, people would make it out. Current stuff would still cost the same equivalent amount in platinum.

It would just make a complete waste of time for blizzard to put any effort into making this change, and as someone said before it doesn't go hand-in-hand with lore, as lore has never referred to platinum for a currency.

If you wanted to use "Platinum" then you would implement it before the game is initially released, adding new currency does nothing gameplay wise, at all.