577 warr, raider since EQ, looking for home

Hi! My name is Dan. My raiding career started with Nagafen and Vox--raid bosses from vanilla EQ, in 1999. I played a wizard, and I got solo XP on Cazic-Thule once via repeated Ice Comet.

I put the item level in the title to get your attention--I find friends most important in WoW, not loot. I don't mean to be arrogant, but I believe I am an asset to be recruited, and I want guilds to know about me. I am confident in my ability to learn; I am confident in my loyalty.

My most recent main is Slamfist on Mal'Ganis.

Mmo-champ won't let me post links yet.

I've also got a hunter with cloak and 4-piece. Gear level is, eh, about normal SOO. Phaserfist, Mal'ganis.

I led Shadows and Dust since Karazhan. The guild had a seven-year run before my life changed and I couldn't reasonably lead it anymore. Went through heroic Spoils, on 25-player. I mean everything from Kara through SoO. I made friends I still talk to and play with frequently. I play ME3 with a couple of them, who are on our guild's Mumble after work, and SC2 with a few more, with whom I Skype daily. This is the kind of reason to play WoW, I believe.

I am looking for a long-term commitment with respect to guilds.

I am the kind of player who is willing to play any role and learn any style. I understand the values of loyalty, honor, honesty, and teamwork. I will also give 100% all the time.

I am willing to reroll. I prefer realms that are filled with nice people. The difference is palpable.

But here is the caveat. I am working toward becoming a professional opera singer. There are times, particularly when an opera is going up, that I will be out until about 11:00pm Eastern, on weekdays. I'm in Eastern time, to clarify, and I don't mind going to bed quite late. Saturdays are typically during the day, and Sundays are only a few times a year.

I wonder, then, if any guild wants me as a raider? I have led raids for seven years. I have keenly developed strategic and spatial thinking, and a critical attention to detail. I have also learned over the years how to treat people with respect, and how to forgive them their human imperfections.

I am not particularly awesome at any spec or role; I always prioritized leading. However, I am focused and driven to be the best player I can be, and help everyone else around me become better. I am more than willing to find the theory and metagame, maximize my UI, and practice, to maximize my DPS/HPS. (I probably wouldn't accept me as a main tank with my attendance below 100%.)

Oh, I never, ever stand in fire. I generally avoid one-shot mechanics and other dangers on the very first attempt. It takes a few attempts to absolutely maximize my output and make completely efficient my movements, but I will not die on you under normal circumstances. Comes with raid leading, I guess.

Probable attendance summary, 46/52 weeks out of the year:
    Tuesday specifically, before 11pm: ~50%
    Friday specifically, low
    Other weekdays, before 11pm: ~75%
    Weekdays, after 11pm: 100%
    Saturdays, before 6pm: ~25%
    Saturdays, after 6pm: 90%
    Sundays (flexible time; I run a D&D game which hasn't started yet): 100%

For the other six weeks, which are the show weeks,
    All weekdays before 12am: low
    All weekdays after 12am: high
    Saturdays, all day: low
    Sundays, before 8pm: low
    Sundays, after 8pm (canceling D&D for show days): high

All times Eastern.

Battletag: Slamfist#1512.

I also play SC2, Heroes of the Storm, Mass Effect 3, and Landmark.
    Last edited by Slamfist; 2014-07-04 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Vastly increased specificity of information