Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Glad to see them working on junk like this so they can throw it up on the shop for $25 rather than focusing more on the expansion. /shrug

No wonder long term Blizzard employees are leaving.

Why don't they go ahead and make the game F2P with all this in store crap?
    Last edited by Fitch; 2014-07-04 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Wow..So many people can't wait to spend $15 or so on a pet. - Hell, I bought the ones that went for charity, but if this goes straight in Blizz's pockets, please don't buy it for god sake.

Deleted
    Behold thy pet on which i won't spend 25$, nor 20$, neither any $ at all.

The asspain in these threads every time they dare release a cash shop item is insane. You're all a bunch of impetulant children.

Boohoo, they're charging a few cups of coffee for a vanity pet, and contrary to what some of you idiots believe, one man out of a thousand+, whose job it is to only work on pets, isn't slowing down the expansion's development, and frankly Blizzard would be better off not even showing off early content because people grab pitchforks every time they change their minds over a year later.

I'll sum up the comments to save everyone the rage...

"omg another store pet that took 18 months to design, that time coulda been spent on the expansion to get it out by the end of this month, blizzard is so greedy"

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    Pets are 15 USD, not 25.
    The joke went way over your head.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Is that the rule as to what counts as increasing the cost of the game? It has to be the subscription fee, not the game itself?
    Considering i buy a new expansion pack every two year +- few month, and i pay the sub inbetween constantly, for me atleast, the price of the expansion doesn't really matter, in the logn run its literally nothing compared to being sub for the entire duration of an expansion
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    what the actual fuck Blizzard? stop wasting time on this stupid pokèmons
    Oh no! So much wasted time! What ever shall we do!?!?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I will buy it with in-game gold, only suckers spend rl $$$ on pets

yay, please make "new dungeon with epic loot for only 19.99" next.

scnr, peace

Quote Originally Posted by Kirtaner View Post
    The asspain in these threads every time they dare release a cash shop item is insane. You're all a bunch of impetulant children.

Boohoo, they're charging a few cups of coffee for a vanity pet, and contrary to what some of you idiots believe, one man out of a thousand+, whose job it is to only work on pets, isn't slowing down the expansion's development, and frankly Blizzard would be better off not even showing off early content because people grab pitchforks every time they change their minds over a year later.
    And you're a brainwashed consumer who isn't old enough yet to have principles, nor to follow them. I don't buy them based on principles. mounts and pets in a no content drought of 9 months is pretty asinine.

So, what.. to buy this mount I need to not have coffee three days in a row? that argument about coffee is pretty silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    I'll sum up the comments to save everyone the rage...

"omg another store pet that took 18 months to design, that time coulda been spent on the expansion to get it out by the end of this month, blizzard is so greedy"
    Just remember you're spending 15 dollars on something that took, like a few hours to make. Let that sink in.

And when you're out in the world, and the new pets to collect are a rat they've been using since vanilla wow, and a few creatures they miniaturized. You'll wonder why the stuff in the store always looks cooler.
    Beta club member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    And you're a brainwashed consumer who isn't old enough yet to have principles, nor to follow them. I don't buy them based on principles. mounts and pets in a no content drought of 9 months is pretty asinine.

So, what.. to buy this mount I need to not have coffee three days in a row? that argument about coffee is pretty silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remember you're spending 15 dollars on something that took, like a few hours to make. Let that sink in.

And when you're out in the world, and the new pets to collect are a rat they've been using since vanilla wow, and a few creatures they miniaturized. You'll wonder why the stuff in the store always looks cooler.
    You can trade in game gold to someone for it. That is personal opinion cloud serpents in my opinion shit on every store mount. His money he can do whatever he wants with it. Its blizzard's game and they can do the same.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-07-04 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Absolutely, but this stuff started back with the sparkle pony. Eventually you just have to weigh your options. Being bitter or having weird video game principles isn't going to get you that mount/pet, so if you want it bad enough, it's going to have to be worth that 10/25 bucks.

Personally, I've not bought any of their mounts, but I've gotten 3 of the pets and won one through a WoW head contest. I love the in game pets and had to get over my pig headedness about pay walls and corporate greed.

Couldn't be happier.
    only time I bought a pet was if it was for charity. But yes, if no one bought any store mounts they wouldn't make them

What is disappointing is the store mounts often look much better than ingame mounts.

Oh and to the inevitable "Subjective" go ahead and shove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    You can trade in game gold to someone for it. That is personal opinion cloud serpents in my opinion shit on every store mount. His money he can do whatever he wants with it. Its blizzard's game and they can do the same.
    Also my right to make fun of people who do. So, don't see your point. To me, if you need to pay 25 dollars for self satisfaction, which is all that gives. You need to prioritize. with 250 mounts in game, seems stupid to buy one. Been rocking my netherwing since 2009 (I think) kinda hoping a remastered one shows up sometime. (even if they are all unique and look cooler, looks like the fey dragon and the chimera will drop in WoD, a look-alike version at least)

just like people who wear socks and sandals.. or crocs...

just remember, the rarest mount in the game is a cloud serpent, and the mount for grinding days and days on timeless isle, is another recolored cloud serpent, and the garrosh mount is another wolf, and the heroic mount is a remade scorpion.

Meanwhile, mounts that change color $25
    Last edited by Pandapuncher; 2014-07-04 at 06:02 PM.
    Beta club member

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    You are most certainly correct. That being said, how can it be so justifiable all the time that all the cool and nice looking pets that they put a Lot of effort into always end up behind a paywall as of lately? It used to be they make a really amazing mount / pet and it goes in game. Depending on how cool it is, that effects its difficulty in acquiring it. I am fine with one or two here and there, but they are just rollin em out. For a sub game they certainly are getting into micro transactions heavily. Best of both worlds I guess. The monthly sub fee and the F2P micor transactions.

Just like you're doing here? People state their opinions and want to state their reasoning, just as you are doing.

Im sorry, this is just wrong on So many levels. 7 Million subs have been fine since BC. They didn't start store stuff until Cata. Not to mention all the F2P games seem to do just as good staying afloat with Far less money then what blizzard brings in monthly just on subs alone. 7 million times 15 is 105mil, a Month. That is 1.2Billion a year before taxes and any costs. That is subs Alone. I dare you to continue this line even knowing how much money before taxes and costs they make. They hardly "need" supplemental income of any kind with the kind of money they are bringing in on Just WoW. Lets not forget they also have Starcraft sales, diablo sales, and Hearthstone.

So yes, in short, 15$ a month Will and Has cut it since they started. So much so that they have been able to grow and expand. Saying it wont is complete and utter Bull Crap.

Doubtful. You're post is not exactly a logical one. They get more then enough money on a yearly basis just from 7million people staying subbed. It was enough in vanilla with fewer, enough in BC, and has been more then enough since. They are by no means hurting for money. You want supplementary income? They have character renames, character appearance change, server transfer, and faction change. Constantly adding new pets and mounts to the store is not warranted and trying to justify it is nothing more then a sorry attempt to make yourself feel better about spending money. They have more then enough coming in elsewhere to keep this game alive. If not, F2P games wouldn't be a thing now would they.

Bottom line, stop buying into it. Stop paying for the pets so they can return to adding things to the game instead of gutting more and more features from the expansion. I mean, wheres your supplementary income when all I hear is how they can't do this, or wont add that, or are changing this or that is being delayed or pushed back or its now not guaranteed to be in at launch.
    So...Zantos, you talk a lot, but obviously has no grasp of what you are talking about at all. 1.12 Billion per year, that's nice. Now...let's see...cut out dozens, if not hundreds, of voice actors that work for contracts that can rival an NFL salary in some cases, the thousands upon thousands of employee salaries, the millions upon millions of upkeep/equipment replacement and building maintence, the stock holders payouts, millions upon millions of advertising fees. Oh...um...gee, that 1.12 billion isn't looking so big now is it? Oh wait, more than likely a chunk of that is funnelled into development of Heroes of the Storm, shoring up Hearthstone, and likely covering costs for SC2 as well.

Does hearthstone have a sub? No
    Does SC2 have a sub? No
    Does D3 have a sub? No
    Will Heroes of the Storm have a sub? Likely not

So unless you have some kind of intimate knowledge of business expenses, or Blizzard's revenue vs expenses sheet. I highly suggest you keep your comments to yourself until you actually can look at the big picture.

Edit: Oh also on those costs, also factor in 10 years worth of inflation. What could cover costs in BC isn't gonna do much to cover costs *now*.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strypewolf View Post
    Oh also on those costs, also factor in 10 years worth of inflation. What could cover costs in BC isn't gonna do much to cover costs *now*.
    There it is, there is the double standard I mentioned in my previous post in this thread.

Yesterday I was reading in another thread about massive drop in subscriptions since TBC/WotLK, and heck of a lot of people used as an excuse that the game is "almost ten years old". So by that logic, why do we have to pay the same or even more for a subscription in a game that is "almost ten years old"?

Strypewolf is your typical apologist I'm sorry that if anyone that defends this cash shop in an already monthly sub 10 month no content game. I wouldn't even bother it's a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for showing up and sharing your feelings guys, and wow, it sure seems like a lot of people are excited about this pet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strypewolf View Post
    So...Zantos, you talk a lot, but obviously has no grasp of what you are talking about at all. 1.12 Billion per year, that's nice. Now...let's see...cut out dozens, if not hundreds, of voice actors that work for contracts that can rival an NFL salary in some cases, the thousands upon thousands of employee salaries, the millions upon millions of upkeep/equipment replacement and building maintence, the stock holders payouts, millions upon millions of advertising fees. Oh...um...gee, that 1.12 billion isn't looking so big now is it? Oh wait, more than likely a chunk of that is funnelled into development of Heroes of the Storm, shoring up Hearthstone, and likely covering costs for SC2 as well.

Does hearthstone have a sub? No
    Does SC2 have a sub? No
    Does D3 have a sub? No
    Will Heroes of the Storm have a sub? Likely not

So unless you have some kind of intimate knowledge of business expenses, or Blizzard's revenue vs expenses sheet. I highly suggest you keep your comments to yourself until you actually can look at the big picture.

Edit: Oh also on those costs, also factor in 10 years worth of inflation. What could cover costs in BC isn't gonna do much to cover costs *now*.
    Hey there, bud. Nice to meet you. I formerly worked at NCSoft, y'know, the same company that runs quite a few MMO's? That one. Did you know we used to run all our server costs on just Guild Wars sales alone and had money left over? That's $20 for the box, no subscription fee, with far less sales than Blizzard has seen on any boxed game. Blizzard also uses voice actors that are on staff designing, coding, and helping network further cutting costs down. Shareholders put money in before collecting, and their other games don't need subs when they have a few different cash shops (let's not forget it was just recently they stopped the Real Money Auction House for Diablo III, which took out a chunk of money for Blizzard). Then we get into merchandise, sales of older games, etc.

Really, WoW more than runs itself and their other games on subscription fees alone. The rest is fluff for the shareholders to gawk at.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    Hey there, bud. Nice to meet you. I formerly worked at NCSoft, y'know, the same company that runs quite a few MMO's? That one. Did you know we used to run all our server costs on just Guild Wars sales alone and had money left over? That's $20 for the box, no subscription fee, with far less sales than Blizzard has seen on any boxed game. Blizzard also uses voice actors that are on staff designing, coding, and helping network further cutting costs down. Shareholders put money in before collecting, and their other games don't need subs when they have a few different cash shops (let's not forget it was just recently they stopped the Real Money Auction House for Diablo III, which took out a chunk of money for Blizzard). Then we get into merchandise, sales of older games, etc.

Really, WoW more than runs itself and their other games on subscription fees alone. The rest is fluff for the shareholders to gawk at.
    I feel so bad for you, you had to work with Morello *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    only time I bought a pet was if it was for charity. But yes, if no one bought any store mounts they wouldn't make them

What is disappointing is the store mounts often look much better than ingame mounts.

Oh and to the inevitable "Subjective" go ahead and shove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my right to make fun of people who do. So, don't see your point. To me, if you need to pay 25 dollars for self satisfaction, which is all that gives. You need to prioritize. with 250 mounts in game, seems stupid to buy one. Been rocking my netherwing since 2009 (I think) kinda hoping a remastered one shows up sometime. (even if they are all unique and look cooler, looks like the fey dragon and the chimera will drop in WoD, a look-alike version at least)

just like people who wear socks and sandals.. or crocs...

just remember, the rarest mount in the game is a cloud serpent, and the mount for grinding days and days on timeless isle, is another recolored cloud serpent, and the garrosh mount is another wolf, and the heroic mount is a remade scorpion.

Meanwhile, mounts that change color $25
    It's also my right to call you a cry baby and all this bitching does is make your look immature. The mount that changes colors looks ugly as sin. Cloud serpents aren't pretty but they aren't deformed either. Not at all 25$ is nothing to some people and its their call whether the mount is worth it or not. You can trade someone ingame gold for the mount as well.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-07-04 at 08:13 PM.