Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Some people will complain cos the sun comes up in the morning, so this doesn't exactly surprise, but serves as another example of why I have a general contempt for our species.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    How does carrying a concealed weapon upset anyone?

Also not sure why people shop at Target. Pretty much does the same shit Wal-Mart does as far as wages go, sells the same shitty China good but for like 10-20% more than Wal-Mart.
    Because sometimes they lose their mind and mark things down to stupid cheap or clearance.

Back to the Future Blu Ray Trilogy for $9.99? Thanks, Target!

At least, that's why I stop in from time to time. That and video games on clearance occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    It will encourage me not to shop there, but if they can take the losses let them.
    Really? The fact that they don't want a bunch of customers walking around the store with guns makes you LESS likely to shop there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because a lot of what has happened lately isn't concealed carry.
    Its people like these douchebags that need their penis extenders while getting Oreos.
    Yeah, the incident here at Chipotles tend to make people uncomfortable, considering criminals are the ones most associated with open carring >.>

Its people like these douchebags that need their penis extenders while getting Oreos. Notice how people tend to shy away from them and get frightened by some idiot with a long gun?
    Yeah, honestly. I'm perfectly comfortable around guns in most settings, but I'd feel incredibly uncomfortable in a Walmart with a bunch of people wandering around with ARs. They are definitely compensating.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Does it get enforced? Do you ever get people arguing about it?
    Yeah, it's enforced as far as it can be. You could stow a small firearm and it probably won't be caught, but if it is, your asked to remove it from the building.

We've never had a person throw a fit if they've been asked to remove their gun from the building. There have been a small number who I've not seen return afterwards, but never throwing a tantrum on the way out or anything.

I live in a smaller town though and it's a local business with a very good reputation in the area, so I'd imagine that may play a part in it.

Yeah it's just like when Chipotle said they don't want people bringing guns into their restaurants anymore after these people http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...en-carry-texas came in to one of their restaurants came in I know seeing them come in I wouldnt' be comfortable there and I definitely wouldn't want my nephew in there with them since I don't know them or why they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Really? The fact that they don't want a bunch of customers walking around the store with guns makes you LESS likely to shop there?
    Yes legally owned and carried guns, what is the problem there?

Its people like these douchebags that need their penis extenders while getting Oreos. Notice how people tend to shy away from them and get frightened by some idiot with a long gun?

Well asking this shit to stop seems pretty reasonable.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yeah, the incident here at Chipotles tend to make people uncomfortable, considering criminals are the ones most associated with open carring >.>
    Not sure if your sig quoting me is a compliment or an insult. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    and how can you tell who is legal and who is not legally open carrying?

People who think like this are the same idiots who wanted to march on D.C. in protest over guns laws carrying loaded rifles. Idiots who feel they can do whatever they want with guns even the NRA were against idiots like this. People don't feel safe when some guy has an assault rifle slung over his shoulder while trying to shop at the grocery store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Speaker View Post
    Nothing wrong with guns but don't treat them like dick extensions.
    I don't think people are thinking of this the right way. I don't believe that people carrying guns are necessarily doing it to "seem more manly," they do it because they feel their "rights as an 'murican are under assault" because most stores and their patrons don't like it when armed strangers walk in to their midst. So these people brandishing their firearms are trying to grandstand with guns to make some sort of "BUT ITS MAH RIGHTS!" point.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if your sig quoting me is a compliment or an insult. >.<
    Compliment. It was the best quote in the entire thread!

I don't think I will ever understand Americans and their obsession with guns.

Do you constantly feel threatened any time you're out and about without a firearm? Where do you live, darkest Detroit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    even the NRA were against idiots like this. People don't feel safe when some guy has an assault rifle slung over his shoulder while trying to shop at the grocery store.
    And then they folded faster than a wet tissue when they discovered parts of their constituency were nut jobs that want to do things like this, and so decided to support the nut jobs.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-07-04 at 02:10 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Compliment. It was the best quote in the entire thread!
    Haha thanks! I don't think I've ever been sig quoted before, it's an honor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you constantly feel threatened any time you're out and about without a firearm? Where do you live, darkest Detroit?
    Again, it's a case of "doing it because they can without considering whether they should."

It's all a grandstand. There's no legitimate reason for them to be carrying their weapons into a Chipoltle or Target or somesuch beyond making a passive-aggressive idealogical point.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

and how can you tell who is legal and who is not legally open carrying?
    State law determines that, if a state allows open carry. To get a carry license in Georgia you have to pass a background check, get fingerprinted, and wait for approval. After that card stays in wallet with drivers license.

If you are open carrying without a license then aren't you asking for troubles?