Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Joan Rivers controversial claim on the Obamas

Looks like her Hollywood life is over.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...-a-transgender

^
    Video above.

"The 81-year-old - who hit headlines this week after officiating a gay marriage at her book signing in New York - made the shocking claim during an impromptu interview with a journalist yesterday.

When asked if she thought the US might get their first gay or female president in the future, she replied: "We already have that with Obama. You know Michelle is a trans."

Making sure he heard right, the journalist asked: "I'm sorry, she's a what?"

To which Miss Rivers reiterated: "A transgender. We all know."

She then continued walking to her destination while adding: "It's ok you know."

This off-the-cuff comment isn't the first time the funny woman has made a joke about the first lady however.

In 2011, the star revealed that she once ditched a joke about President Obama's wife because she feared she would be accused of racism.

Recalling the moment to Howard Stern, the comedy legend said: "We used to have Jackie O now we have Blackie O!"

She went on to explain that the joke was made in reference to her fashionable dress sense.

“I thought it was a funny complimentary joke when she first came (to the White House).

“I think it’s an adorable joke… I thought it was a compliment!

--Update--
    Well coincidence, coincidence, here is step 1 to her fall from fame of Hollywood.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ort-cnn-716810

^
    Video Above

"After apparently becoming incensed with a CNN anchor, Joan Rivers cut short a taped nationally televised interview.
    RECOMMENDED

Summer TV Wars: Breaking Down the Big Four's Bold New Playbook

CNN's Jeff Zucker: Larry King/Piers Morgan-Style Interview Shows 'No Longer Viable'
    The Fashion Police personality walked off of a CNN Newsroom interview with host Fredricka Whitfield after the conversation turned to her boundaries when telling jokes.
    "This whole interview is becoming a defensive interview," Rivers said, also protesting that Whitfield's line of questioning was mainly "negative."

"You are not the one to interview a person who does humor, sorry," she added, before walking off the set.
    Whitfield later stated that she at first wondered if Rivers walking out of the interview was a stunt. "Off camera, [Rivers] kept her microphone on as she continued to talk and dropped some rather unflattering four-letter words," the CNN host said.
    Rivers had appeared on the network to promote her new book Diary of a Mad Diva, which had just hit store shelves on July 1. She has recently been criticized for comments caught on camera earlier this week where she said that President Obama is gay and First Lady Michelle Obama is "a transgender.
    "
    Last edited by Shurkuris; 2014-07-05 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    It's not a claim, rather, it's a joke at the expense of the first lady; Applying a barbed comment with a slight dosage of levity to emulate humor.

Controversial claim or controversial joke? You decide.

I think this will have little to no affect whatsoever on her Hollywood status. She's been around for 60+ years in the industry, and has said far worse in the past. There's not much she can do, short of murder, that would lower her standing.

Man, when some people hit a certain age they just say whatever the fuck they want. It's actually kind of entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Looks like her Hollywood life is over.
    Lol. Maybe, but her legacy will make a come back after Obama is equated with Harding, Nixon and Carter as corrupt and useless presidents. Then she'll be considered to of been "on the edge" before it was popular to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Man, when some people hit a certain age they just say whatever the fuck they want. It's actually kind of entertaining.
    Heh, I agree! Personally speaking I don't really find her words to be all that offensive. I suppose it's a matter of perspective but it doesn't matter to me how powerful or famous an individual is - it should always be possible for them to be the subject of a joke be it crude or controversial. I guess that's my British humour speaking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Lol. Maybe, but her legacy will make a come back after Obama is equated with Harding, Nixon and Carter as corrupt and useless presidents. Then she'll be considered to of been "on the edge" before it was popular to be.
    Harding might have been the best president of the 20th century

Deleted
    Christ, Joan Rivers is 81!?

Joan Rivers wouldn't lose her career over something like this. Not by a long shot.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It was a bad joke who cares. She is so old anyway.

oh my god this is hilarious. I'm dying I so can't
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Joan Rivers hasn't been relevant since Bush was in office.

The first Bush.

Even then, Chevy Chase and Alan Thicke's shows got more attention than she did.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joan Rivers is awesome... Don't let the last decade of fashion bullshit fool you... She is funny...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Joan Rivers is awesome... Don't let the last decade of fashion bullshit fool you... She is funny...
    No...no she's not and hasn't been in a very long time if she ever was.

There are people who actually believe this crap and her "jokes" feed those morons. It's sickening that things have come to this and I just wish she'd stop and shut up.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Joan Rivers has been doing this stuff for years. Nothing else to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    No...no she's not and hasn't been in a very long time if she ever was.

There are people who actually believe this crap and her "jokes" feed those morons. It's sickening that things have come to this and I just wish she'd stop and shut up.
    Didn't realize you had control of what is funny and what is not. Guess since you don't find her funny she should just pack up and go home forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibly View Post
    Didn't realize you had control of what is funny and what is not. Guess since you don't find her funny she should just pack up and go home forever.
    Yes...yes I am the Decider. I thought you knew that. Now if I could only remember where I put that smiting button.....
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

In the USA saying anything controversial about Obama or his wife can get you tarred as a racist and fired from your job. Joan better be careful.

I just don't get the joke...is she applying to be in Adam Sandler's next summer comedy hit movie?