Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm more interested in all that "she's a comedian, who cares!!!!"

So what? Comedians can say something that others don't? They can say whatever they want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I'm more interested in all that "she's a comedian, who cares!!!!"

So what? Comedians can say something that others don't? They can say whatever they want?
    Stephen Fry is a comedian, he is also a very intelligent and very well informed man.

#boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Stephen Fry is a comedian, he is also a very intelligent and very well informed man.

My point isn't that they are wrong in what they say - more like my amusement that being a comedian gives you certain privileges to say whatever you want without any repercussions while others simply can't do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    My point isn't that they are wrong in what they say - more like my amusement that being a comedian gives you certain privileges to say whatever you want without any repercussions while others simply can't do that.

No, but making jokes is what they do, so when they say something like this, them being a comedian makes it very clear that it's meant as a joke and not as a claim. Just like a guy on the street saying he date-raped someone it's to be taken seriously, but when Jimmy Carr says it on stage it's pretty damn obvious that he didn't ACTUALLY date-rape somebody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    No, but making jokes is what they do, so when they say something like this, them being a comedian makes it very clear that it's meant as a joke and not as a claim. Just like a guy on the street saying he date-raped someone it's to be taken seriously, but when Jimmy Carr says it on stage it's pretty damn obvious that he didn't ACTUALLY date-rape somebody.
    How can you be sure they aren't serious? Because I'm pretty sure plenty of them mean what they say and just use "I'm a comedian duh" as their excuse.

15+ Year Old Account
    How can you be sure they aren't serious? Because I'm pretty sure plenty of them mean what they say and just use "I'm a comedian duh" as their excuse.
    You can't possibly have seen much stand-up if you think their stories are true and they legitimately agree with their statements.

Take my example, do you believe Jimmy Carr is a rapists? and on top of that, that he genuinely thinks raping someone makes for a good joke?

Well coincidence, coincidence, here is step 1 to her fall from fame of Hollywood.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ort-cnn-716810

^
    Video Above

"After apparently becoming incensed with a CNN anchor, Joan Rivers cut short a taped nationally televised interview.
    RECOMMENDED

Summer TV Wars: Breaking Down the Big Four's Bold New Playbook

CNN's Jeff Zucker: Larry King/Piers Morgan-Style Interview Shows 'No Longer Viable'
    The Fashion Police personality walked off of a CNN Newsroom interview with host Fredricka Whitfield after the conversation turned to her boundaries when telling jokes.
    "This whole interview is becoming a defensive interview," Rivers said, also protesting that Whitfield's line of questioning was mainly "negative."

"You are not the one to interview a person who does humor, sorry," she added, before walking off the set.
    Whitfield later stated that she at first wondered if Rivers walking out of the interview was a stunt. "Off camera, [Rivers] kept her microphone on as she continued to talk and dropped some rather unflattering four-letter words," the CNN host said.
    Rivers had appeared on the network to promote her new book Diary of a Mad Diva, which had just hit store shelves on July 1. She has recently been criticized for comments caught on camera earlier this week where she said that President Obama is gay and First Lady Michelle Obama is "a transgender.
    "

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't possibly have seen much stand-up if you think their stories are true and they legitimately agree with their statements.

Take my example, do you believe Jimmy Carr is a rapists? and on top of that, that he genuinely thinks raping someone makes for a good joke?
    I love Jimmy Carr jokes, they appeal to my sense of humour, plus they're silly one liners that are easily remembered, so I can steal them and pretend they're my own.

There was one time where I failed to perform sexually. My girlfriend said to me, "Oh don’t worry, it happens to a lot of guys". Okay, there are two things wrong with that. First of all who are these other guys? And second, if it’s happening to more than one of us, don’t you think it could be your fault?

A lady with a clipboard stopped me in the street the other day. She said, "Can you spare a few minutes for cancer research?" I said, "All right, but we won't get much done".

If you took all the money that we in the West spend on food in one week, you could feed the Third World for one year. I'm not sure about you people, but I think we're being overcharged on groceries.

I've got a friend whose nickname is 'Shagger'. You might think that's pretty cool. She doesn't like it.

I hate those e-mails where they try to sell you penis enhancers. I got ten just the other day. Eight of them from my girlfriend. It's the two from my mum that really hurt.

If we're all God's children, what's so special about Jesus?

I was out with a friend and he came over with a pair of girls. I said to him, "They're like buses." He said, "What? Because you wait for ages and then two come along at once?" I said, "No, they are like buses!"

I have no problems with buying tampons. I am a fairly modern man. But apparently they're not a "proper" present.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Well coincidence, coincidence, here is step 1 to her fall from fame of Hollywood.
    She's in her 80s. How long do you think she has left of her life, let alone her 'Hollywood' career?

If your opening post is an accurate representation of your thoughts, then you weren't clued up enough to realise it was a joke and not a genuine claim, so you're hardly in a position to judge whether her career would be over, as you're either a troll or remembering to breathe likely takes up most of your time.

Deleted

No, but I think that some comedians making for example racist jokes are actually racists - not that I care that they're racist, I don't give a fuck.
    It's when others excuse their behavior because they're comedians it just makes me wonder, because the same people will bitch about others being racist.
    Get my example?

Deleted
    A comedienne making a controversial statement/joke about a well known individual. How is this news precisely?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

I think you would find her brand of humor funny. Judging by this post alone.
    What are you talking about?