Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Vanilla was hard. BC was a tad more forgiving. WotLK was a cake walk. Cata was hard...again.

Cata was hard? Really? :^DD :;:;;D;D ;:PDP;;P ;;;DD;DP :^)

HAHA AH HA

Mate, I challenge you to go back to a working vanilla and TBC server and try to just clear the dungeon/heroic content in a day, with a pug all wearing questing gear.

I r8 ur post an 8/10 gr8 b8.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    the dungeons were way too hard, even for some Vanilla vets

I bet you were one of the plebs begging for the nerfs that made me quit the terrible expansion that was cata, fuck yes heroics were challenging again, nothing compared to TBC but still had to pay some attention.

Then they nerfed everything and VOILA back to mindnumbing wrath heroic grinds.

Oh and the shit expansion also came with the game killing LFR tool, "Cata was 'G'reat" FUCK

Infracted.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-07-04 at 05:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    HAHA AH HA
    Mate, I challenge you to go back to a working vanilla and TBC server and try to just clear the dungeon/heroic content in a day, with a pug all wearing questing gear.
    I r8 ur post an 8/10 gr8 b8.
    Vanilla raid bosses were all piss easy up until AQ40 or so. Players lacked the knowledge we have now, that was the reason it seemed hard.
    BC raidbosses were only hard at the start, then after a few nerfs they were easy or well tuned.

Alt alts alt alts.
    Cata was brilliant for alts.
    Thousands of them! I went from 1 to 9 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Vanilla raid bosses were all piss easy up until AQ40 or so. Players lacked the knowledge we have now, that was the reason it seemed hard.
    BC raidbosses were only hard at the start, then after a few nerfs they were easy or well tuned.
    I wasn't talking about raids dungeons, I was talking about dungeons, maybe not vanilla, you're right but TBC.
    Where did I mention raid bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was okay. Not good or bad. Firelands was amazing though! I mostly enjoyed Cataclysm because of the people I played with and play with to this day not because of its great content.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: PvP was in a really good state. For me as a Rogue at least

Deleted
    Thing about cata is that it's story wasn't as built up as WotLK.

Wrath had so much story from WC3 + FT and so many people had played them, that the story was just amazing for everyone.

Now for me when Cata came out, i hadn't read any of the book at the time (Making up for that now), and i'm pretty sure a lot of people hadn't read them either, but i'd played WC3 ofc, i was a bit of a lore buff but that was mostly about WotLK stuff and Titans, so when it came out i was like "Who the hell is this Deathwing guy?"

I don't know about others but after Arthas, if you hadn't read the books, Deathwing was a bit of an annoyance. Now i've read the books i wish i had done so back in cata, my god i wouldn't have second guessed him.
    Last edited by mmoce4532ef7a6; 2014-07-04 at 10:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't talking about raids dungeons, I was talking about dungeons, maybe not vanilla, you're right but TBC.
    Where did I mention raid bosses?
    Classic dungeons were even easier than raid bosses. The only thing that ever gave us trouble was the Lyceum in BRD, mobs repopped too fast

BC heroics were pretty hard in basic gear, mostly because of insanely hard hitting trash + high burst DPS requirement for some bosses. There were a couple of crazy trash mobs in COT1 and Shetekk Halls which kept the tank CCed, that was terrible. But generally these were on par with original Cata 5man hc difficulty.

t11 was good, t12 crap outside of hc Rag. the rest of the expansion was trash imo.

Deleted
    But generally these were on par with original Cata 5man hc difficulty.
    Yeah i remember those Grim Batol ffs after General Umbriss...

Deleted
    You think Cata was great because you are comparing it to MoP.

It started with some promise, though - such as actually challenging heroics. But it got quickly ruined after Blizzard started bowing down to retards who can't move out of fire.

Transmogrification is pretty much the only Cata feature that's definitely good.

I bet you were one of the plebs begging for the nerfs that made me quit the terrible expansion that was cata, fuck yes heroics were challenging again, nothing compared to TBC but still had to pay some attention.

Then they nerfed everything and VOILA back to mindnumbing wrath heroic grinds.
    And this didn't even fix the actual problem: the immense stupidity of most players. Even late in Cata you could still spend hours wiping in Blackrock Caverns - because people were just incredibly clumsy and plain retarded. Corla, Herald of Twilight - anyone remember? All you needed to do was to move two steps, in and out of the beams, and interrupt the fear casts - and this was too much for most people's intellect to handle.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Corla,_Herald_of_Twilight
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2014-07-04 at 10:33 AM.

Classic dungeons were even easier than raid bosses. The only thing that ever gave us trouble was the Lyceum in BRD, mobs repopped too fast

BC heroics were pretty hard in basic gear, mostly because of insanely hard hitting trash + high burst DPS requirement for some bosses. There were a couple of crazy trash mobs in COT1 and Shetekk Halls which kept the tank CCed, that was terrible. But generally these were on par with original Cata 5man hc difficulty.
    I used to think BC HC's were easy aswell, because when I did them in TBC I was geared up, but when I returned there and went into them with green blue gear on everyone, shit was more challenging than anything wrath/cata/mop 5man based, and I mean prenerf everything

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to think BC HC's were easy aswell, because when I did them in TBC I was geared up, but when I returned there and went into them with green blue gear on everyone, shit was more challenging than anything wrath/cata/mop 5man based, and I mean prenerf everything
    I know, I used to be a non-raider in the first 3-4 months of BC. We farmed heroics in green/blue junk. It was horrible. Our first sub 2 hours clear of hc UB felt like a real achievement. The tank was an arms/prot hybrid by the way. He had 12K maxhp with buffs, the boglords at the end were hitting for upwards of 8-9K after a few growths. If he didn't dodge, heals didn't crit or didn't have shieldwall up (1 hour cooldown at that time) we wiped.
    Or hc BF first pulls. Mobs used to hit for 3-4K and they had windfury. This meant they sometimes triple hit for 3-4K. On a 12K tank. Man, these were quick wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    This is what I was referring to. I don't understand this mentality of complaint regarding reusing environments.
    Because you paid for the content and got something that anyone could do with relatively small amount of time.

I'll grant you they could have come up with new boss models, but the environments make total sense to me to reuse, particularly when the plot is leading towards it.
    The games lore took a nose dive in Cata, cause they obviously altered the story to fit the game, rather than refit the game to fit the story.

There's only so many times you can re-invent snow, mountains, grass, forests, and caves, so I say reuse them. If reusing environments makes things go quicker, that's great. We should just get new boss models due to the easier environment development, though. You'd also expect more content if there's less work on the environments. More bosses per raid, etc.
    I don't know why you're trying to justify Cata so much. It was by far the worst expansion ever made, and it shows through the huge loss of subscriptions. It's like someone trying to justify Windows 8 as a good OS, and yet sales for Windows 8 is just terrible.

Instead of trying to justify Cata, try to see it from the customers point of view. You'll gain more out it. You spend $40 for an expansion and $15 per month to play said expansion. For $55 I could go on Steam and buy a totally new game with totally new content, models, and story. And yet asking Blizzard to put more effort in making original bosses seems almost too much. Making it seem like we're spreading out developers too thin. And yet developers had enough time to make the Molten Corgi. There's a lot of models in the game that still look like something from the Playstation 2 graphics era.

People aren't stupid, they're going to find that for that kind of money you can get a better game. Cataclysm left a lot of people butt hurt and MoP wasn't a lot better. Blizzard will never get back those lost customers until they do something drastic, and I don't mean redoing models and making better boss fights. These are things that Blizzard should be doing each expansion. Should be a given. Expansions should be cheaper and the monthly fee should be a lot less. Yet they're going backwards by increasing WoD price up to $50 and the monthly fee isn't changing. Yet Steam sales are basically killing them. For $15 you can get a lot of game from Steam.

Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2014-07-04 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Cata, the last time I had fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No...that's pretty much entirely your opinion, not fact.
    Every opinion is a fact and vice-versa.

I just loved Firelands, hated T11 and DS was OK-ish.
    Firelands' Ragnaros, best boss ever.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I loved Cataclysm.

For me, it was one of the best expansions, only WotLK and TBC were more fun to me. Cataclysm brought a balanced amount of Daily Quests. Had interesting 5 man dungeons (while most people did not like the challenge). Raids were fun to me.

And it had a lot of love for low level content, while the balance continued to get screwed thruout Cataclysm.

Compared to Cataclysm, WoD looks like a crime, and we players are the ones that get punished by removing flying, adding no new race or class, limiting raiding content even more, removing skills..

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a difference between

"2+2=4"

and

"I dont like Cataclysm"
    Heh, It was one of the best expansions!... except for EVERY PREVIOUS EXPANSION!

Also there is a difference between those two statements. There is not a difference between saying 2+2=4 and oh... lets say:

1-Blizzard failed to produce on a LOT of promised content for Cataclysm and missed the mark on most of what it did produce.

2-Cataclysm was one of the worst balanced periods of time in all of WoW history. The Death Knight release was bad, but was a more localized problem.

3-Blizzard was actively ignoring feedback about game imbalances and bugs throughout beta only to say after it was released that "They didn't notice", pretty hard to miss the several gigantic threads talking about 10m boss bugs and warrior pvp in their beta forums for me.

4-My personal favorite of Blizzard putting down its player base by stating that "they knew what was fun better than their players" when many people were complaining about the game.

I will just stop here, but there are many more statements about the time period of cataclysm that is more than just basic opinion. They are things that actually happened. They are burned eggs, and regardless of what you claim, when I say it is a bad egg because the white is charcoal and the yolks are dried up and hard as a rock... it is pretty hard to refute those claims without throwing blinders on and thumping your WoW collectors edition stash like a Jehovah's Witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Every opinion is a fact and vice-versa.

I just loved Firelands, hated T11 and DS was OK-ish.
    Firelands' Ragnaros, best boss ever.
    no, I can have the opinion that all women are useless but oh wait that is not a fact.

It was OK until they nerfed hc dungeons, all though they were awful designed for melee players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    It was OK until they nerfed hc dungeons, all though they were awful designed for melee players.
    Loved the Hour of Twilight dungeons though, End Time and Hour of Twilight were of my favorite dungeons made, and still are - well, maybe HoT within the top 10 but End Time in top 3.

But indeed, there were a big jump within the HC system, made them too fast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..