Thread: expansion

expansion

Thinking about getting the expansion, is it worth it? or is it just more of the same?

More of the same what? Killing and hack and slash? No its the same. Is there more stuff to keep you busy than in vanilla? I would say so, and even more coming soonish with patch 2.1. If you want to try it out just play the ptr, assuming you have d3 already(dont need ROS from what I hear)

It all depends on if you like the game or not.

RoS adds a lot of new cool features to the game, and since i like the gamestyle a lot, it was a no-brainer to me. If you're not sure about it and you feel the need to ask others, very likely it's better for you not to buy it or look for a good deal so you don't end to spend more money than you feel worth on it.

Must be said, the game with RoS has exponentially become better and you're losing a lot without it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

RoS is more of an enhancement to the game than a new addition. It's more of the same in the sense that its still hacking and slashing through monsters for loot, but there's more loot, funner ways to run for loot, and with patch 2.1 greater rifts will add a whole new level of complexity to the game.

If you like Diablo3, it definitely worth it.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's more of the same obviously, but it's much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
    Thinking about getting the expansion, is it worth it? or is it just more of the same?
    Yes and yes.

ROS is a bit less linear than D3 vanilla, but it is still a very linear scaling focused game.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes and yes.

ROS is a bit less linear than D3 vanilla, but it is still a very linear scaling focused game.
    yar. i played reg D3, skipped about a year for the exp to come out and all the changes they made to gear and loot are great. act 5 only takes a couple hours to go thru but will probably take 2 runs to get to 70. then you can spam adventure mode which is fun. all said and done i probbaly put about 40+ hours into it before i got bored with grinding gear and paragon levels. if your an alt monster you also can make a crusader and spam that for fun.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

RoS is good, 2.1 might make it very good. In comparison D3 vanilla was very mediocre.