1. #1

    *Now* I know I have been playing this game for too long

    The realisation hit me when I created a low level character and ran all the way through the Deeprun Tram from SW to IF. (Hi Nessy!)

    And a sad feeling of having lost something that I did not know I had, washed over me when I entered a completely deserted Commons area in IF. Aaah, the nostalgia.

    Time to move on, I guess

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,706
    What server are you on? On my server there are easily like 50 pple in the main area of IF.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  3. #3
    Walljump city indeed.... is old IF still there?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Newgate View Post
    What server are you on? On my server there are easily like 50 pple in the main area of IF.
    I was on EU-SWC. Good to hear there is life there on other servers. Maybe with an upcoming merge the population will improve.
    Last edited by creb99; 2014-07-07 at 04:19 PM.

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Akaihiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Walljump city indeed.... is old IF still there?
    Old IF is actually open to the public now. You don't have to use exploits to get to it anymore (it was opened when Cataclysm came out). Magni was turned to stone there (and he is still there).

  6. #6
    Don't type /played. Don't type /played. Don't type /played.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I was on EU-SWC. Good to hear there is life there on other servers. Maybe with an upcoming merge the population will improve.
    Well if you are in a big populated alliance server, expect IF to be busy.
    I think at xmas there are like 200 pple in IF and like 50+ throughout the year.

    Will check how many are in IF atm soon.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  8. #8
    isn't IF CRZed? i'm pretty positive i saw people from different servers last time I was there (quite a lot of the too)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I was on EU-SWC. Good to hear there is life there on other servers. Maybe with an upcoming merge the population will improve.
    New expansion incoming will bring a huge surge of players. Always does.


    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Don't type /played. Don't type /played. Don't type /played.
    My main is around 380 days played. >.<
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of stupid.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Don't type /played. Don't type /played. Don't type /played.
    The benefit of being an altoholic, I'd have to add up all 15 of my characters to get a good estimate and it's too much effort.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    isn't IF CRZed? i'm pretty positive i saw people from different servers last time I was there (quite a lot of the too)
    Not sure, I checked a few minutes ago and there was one Night Elf and myself in the Commons area.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The benefit of being an altoholic, I'd have to add up all 15 of my characters to get a good estimate and it's too much effort.
    There's an addon called AllPlayed for those moments when you want to feel spooked.
    (1020 days and counting!)

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,749
    Ironforge on my server is usually reasonably populated. Nowhere near as much as Stormwind, but you'll find a good few people milling about between the bank and AH. I usually hang out in Ironforge and only go to Stormwind when I have to (as in to visit those xmog/reforging vendors that can only be in Stormwind for some reason).

    Fun story from my noob days: I didn't know the Deeprun Tram existed when I started playing. So, when I got a quest (as a Dwarf) to visit Stormwind, I had no fucking clue how to get there. I ended up running through the Badlands (level 40+ zone) to Burning Steppes (level 58+ zone), from there to Redridge, and from there to Stormwind. On foot. As a lowbie, somewhere close to level 20. I died so many times. It was like the "Krillin owned" counter from DBZ Abridged.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-07-07 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  14. #14
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    The realisation hit me when I created a low level character and ran all the way through the Deeprun Tram from SW to IF. (Hi Nessy!)

    And a sad feeling of having lost something that I did not know I had, washed over me when I entered a completely deserted Commons area in IF. Aaah, the nostalgia.

    Time to move on, I guess
    IF just like all of the cities that aren't SW or Org are usually deserted. That said... Have fun moving on.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Not sure, I checked a few minutes ago and there was one Night Elf and myself in the Commons area.
    Last I checked, IF is definitely CRZ'ed, it's usually jam packed near the bank/auction house, everywhere else is pretty quiet.

    Also depends on if your server is actually CRZ'ed with any other servers.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Not sure, I checked a few minutes ago and there was one Night Elf and myself in the Commons area.



    this was taken 1 sec ago, and i checked before that, 37 people from my own realm are in Ironforge from Outland.
    and 50 is the maximum you can see in /who so i assume there are atm like 60-70 people in ironforge, in the realm of Outland.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Don't type /played. Don't type /played. Don't type /played.
    ^

    This, so much this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •