Thread: 2014 ESPY's

10+ Year Old Account

2014 ESPY's

http://espn.go.com/espys/2014/

Not sure if anyone really pays attention to them. Figured it might be interesting to look back.

Best male athlete: Considering what he did this year, it's hard to think anyone but Peyton Manning deserves it.

Best moment: -USA bests Ghana, lah-dee-dah. You know it's sad when "OMG the US actually won a soccer game" ends up being nominated.
    - Kevin Durant MVP speech, meh. You know, all these speeches run together, and a good 90% of it all sounds the same. Could not care less.
    - Mariano Rivera last game. See, this has to win. When the absolute best player in a position retires, it had to be an important moment. I expect a landslide (which means it probably won't even win)

Best team: This one's hard. I will say though,that the UConn women's basketball team doesn't deserve it. They win literally ALL the time. They never lose. It's to the point where them losing would actually be a story. The Spurs decimated the Heat, and continue to prove they're not old enough. The Seahawks are also a huge deal, but I have to say the Seminoles should get it. They broke a streak of SEC teams winning the title that people thought wouldn't end. That in and of itself should get bonus points.

Best championship performance: Like the UConn women, Jimmy Johnson wins all the time. Snooze. Kawhi Leonhard gets my vote here. Young guy shows up the big 3 and gets the Finals MVP. I still think he needs to stop shooting threes though.

Best NFL player: Manning of course, but I would give Jamal Charles some love. The Chiefs had a strong defense, but they're not a playoff team without Charles.

Best NBA player: Durant was the MVP, but I see him losing to Lebron

Best driver: No opinions here, but the fact that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is even on the list makes me wonder what idiots do the nominating.

Best play: The fact that any dunk ever is on the list makes me sad. The game-ender in the Iron Bowl wasn't fantastic by any means, but had enormous implications.

That seems to be the only categories I can comment on. Best male action athlete. The only name I recognize is Nyjah Huston. I would vote for him I guess. Best coach probably Popovich.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-07-04 at 07:26 AM.

I'll make my picks later. Thanks for bringing this up.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is russel wilson on the list of "Best NFL players"

- - - Updated - - -

Some of these choices are really weird lol. Like the Dale pick for drivers, or Wilson for best nfl player.
    You're a towel.

Oh yeah. I forgot to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Floyd Mayweather is short as fuck compared to Maria Sharapova.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    KD winning best athlete over Peyton is a colossal joke in my opinion. Peyton's season in the NBA would have been like 40, 10, and 10 averages.