Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    What it means is, we should not be behaving in ways that have been considered immoral for decades. For example, we should not be racist anymore after learning from what happened 50 years ago during the civil rights movement era (though assholes still are.) We should learn from our history and progress, not regress back to it.

That's what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Ah, but that's just the point I was trying to make!
    Are some things really outdated?

I think humanity is the same as it always was. It's just that we fool ourselves into believing otherwise.

Here in Holland, a country which used to lead in progression and acceptance, people still don't hire black people for front office jobs, gay people are targeted in their homes with violent behavior, companies still don't want woman in their management unless they are practically forced to by law etc etc.
    Just because racism still exists doesn't mean it's outdated. Its been a long time, 50-60 years since its been socially acceptable to view blacks, for example, as an inferior race (or even as an inferior species.)
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    There really is no argument, in my mind. They both refer to different things. 2014 is the precise year, while 21st century is the 21st 100 year segment we have recorded.

Saying its 2014 is far more precise, so don't see how there is any argument between using either. One is general, the other is specific.
    Last edited by MetroStratics; 2014-07-04 at 04:56 PM.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

A bit off topic, but this reminds me of a bit Mike Birbiglia does about how rappers yell out the year ("2014, mofo!"):

Paraphrase: Come on man, you gotta pick your battles. What happens when somebody runs into your car, but you were yelling mofo just because of the year... You're like the boy who cried mofo!