Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Those Police are a disgrace. Even if he was a legitimate arrest, resorting to violence and requiring so many officers is pathetic. None of them should have passed training with competence like that, and they should all be investigated.

And of course they won't. Because they never are.
    The police are trained to react to force with force. If you continue to escalate a situation via use of more force, they will do the same.

If you continue to escalate a situation, you have no leg to stand on legally when it comes to "police brutality".

If, however, you cooperate and are a victim of an unnecessary beating, you can bet your ass you'll have enough evidence on YouTube before you're even in the back of a squad car to sue the force for a metric fucktonne of money and lose the offending officer(s) their badge.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Because people are aware of Police brutality, and that being in cuffs isn't a defense against them beating you anyway.

And tell me, how 'with it' are you after you've just been woken up while exhausted?

Those Police are a disgrace. Even if he was a legitimate arrest, resorting to violence and requiring so many officers is pathetic. None of them should have passed training with competence like that, and they should all be investigated.

And of course they won't. Because they never are.
    Just because police brutality happens doesn't mean you have a right to instigate a fight with an officer. If you do as the officer says and they still beat you, you will have to law on your side. If you don't and the officer has to use force, you are in the wrong.

And this is what is wrong with society - being drilled to do as we're told by authority figures even when they are wrong or abusing their power.
    That bold part is important. They are authority figures for a reason. We as a society put them there to govern and protect us. If they misuse that power, we have means to punish them. Physically fighting them is not the right way. You as a person have absolutely no right to pick which laws you can follow. If you are breaking a law, they have the right and authority to arrest you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    He was arrested for standing up for himself after doing nothing illegal.
    I personally hopes he drags them to court and sues every Officer involved so badly that they wont be able to afford Toilet paper without taking out a loan. Knowing the NYPD he should be grateful that they did not gun down other passengers and then arrest him for murder.
    Section 1050.7:

Disorderly Conduct:

No person in any facility or conveyance shall:

3. sleep or doze where such activity may be hazardous to such person or to others or may interfere with the operation of the Authority's transit system or the comfort of its passengers;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    He was arrested for standing up for himself after doing nothing illegal.
    Resisting/ignoring a law enforcement officers orders is illegal.

If you have objections to being charged, you present them to a judge. You don't start brawling with the officer.
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The police are trained to react to force with force. If you continue to escalate a situation via use of more force, they will do the same.

If you continue to escalate a situation, you have no leg to stand on legally when it comes to "police brutality".

If, however, you cooperate and are a victim of an unnecessary beating, you can bet your ass you'll have enough evidence on YouTube before you're even in the back of a squad car to sue the force for a metric fucktonne of money and lose the offending officer(s) their badge.
    if i was woken by someone draggin me up and trying to put me in handcuffs for no reason i would sure as hell lash out. Regardless of anything else, even if the police are right they are clearly failing to follow correct procedure. Where is he gonna run to? hes on a damned train. He even sits down at one point showing no threat and they just drag him back up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GFree View Post
    Section 1050.7:

Disorderly Conduct:

No person in any facility or conveyance shall:

3. sleep or doze where such activity may be hazardous to such person or to others or may interfere with the operation of the Authority's transit system or the comfort of its passengers;

According to sections 1050.7 (10) and (5) of the Mass Transit Authority’s (MTA) Rules of Conduct, sleeping or dozing on trains is prohibited only “if it is hazardous or interfering with fellow passengers.”

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    According to sections 1050.7 (10) and (5) of the Mass Transit Authority’s (MTA) Rules of Conduct, sleeping or dozing on trains is prohibited only “if it is hazardous or interfering with fellow passengers.”
    Sleeping in front of the door is interfering.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is an extremely subjective rule which could be interpreted based on the situation, as we don't have more details of the situation we cannot judge if the officers made the right call.

Think about it this way: you could say that simply by taking more than one seat when sleeping, you are "interfering" with other passengers.

As someone mentioned earlier, it seems that the police began questioning the subject as they were dozing off and only resulted to force as the subject began shouting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    if i was woken by someone draggin me up and trying to put me in handcuffs for no reason i would sure as hell lash out. Regardless of anything else, even if the police are right they are clearly failing to follow correct procedure. Where is he gonna run to? hes on a damned train. He even sits down at one point showing no threat and they just drag him back up.
    Resisting arrest is a threat to the officers. And since there are other pedestrians on the train, he is a threat to them as well. There is no telling where the fight will lead to if it gets violent. Hence why so many officers where needed to take him down. And the officers were clearly wearing uniforms. So when he woke up he would have seen who was arresting him.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's also a (trip) hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    It's also a (trip) hazard.
    Correct and therefore; Section 1050.11

Ejectment.

Any person who is observed by a New York City police officer to be violating any of these rules and who may receive or has received a notice of violation therefore is subject to ejection from the facilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say he was sleeping in front of the door?

Where does it say he was sleeping in front of the door?
    Where does it say he wasn't? The video isn't satisfactory for ANY of us to determine what actually happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say he wasn't? The video isn't satisfactory for ANY of us to determine what actually happened.
    Yeah , so instead of actually taking what we have lets make up massive clauses that will help our already bias theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    He was approached and questioned for sleeping. He was arrested for resisting.
    Yeah that's what I saw, he was the one getting violent with the police.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Yeah , so instead of actually taking what we have lets make up massive clauses that will help our already bias theory.
    Making a point for the people who are trying to start a call to arms.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You did when you said he was brutally arrested. Pot calling the kettle black?

Deleted
    The police are here to talk to me?

Better scream at them and resist everything they try to do with loud words and a few physical contacts.

I've got no simpathy for idiots like these. They try to play the victim while doing EVERYTHING you're not supposed to do to an officer. The video starts where they're already holding him and nobody is talking about the first part which wasn't filmed that included waking this man up and asking him a few questions.

Did they just walk up to him and started arresting him for no reason? We all know that's not the case. I've had my fair share of contact with the police already and only once was the guy an asshole but that was not important because I crossed the law and deserved the fine. This video will be viewed as assuault on an innocent hard working man who is so dog tired he took a nap on the train. It doesn't show what probably happens in these situations: man sleeps, police walk up to him and wake him up, probably ask him a few questions, the man takes offense and starts talking about disrespect because he hates the police or because he's having a bad day, they try to calm him down, somebody turns on the camera, the man continues to resist and yell, police finally arrest him and everybody's talking about police brutality.

I feel bad for the police in this case. Having to deal with scum like this on a daily basis must be the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    I feel bad for the police in this case. Having to deal with scum like this on a daily basis must be the worst.
    At least this one didn't try to bite them.