Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a bad experience with the police, like ever. Not even when strolling through protests and demonstrations.

Coincidentally, I've also never done anything that would bring me to the attention of the police...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GFree View Post
    Yeah, what else is new? Actually these days I work the desk organizing parade details. Did my time in the Brooklyn Transit Task Force for many years. Back then I had to deal with homeless who would sexually harass passengers, defecate on the floor, try to fight random people, puke on themselves, etc. This guy didn't seem to be doing that but you still can't sleep there, and you can't resist when they tell you no. To be fair we didn't see what happened prior, the video began at a very convenient time.

Exactly, 90% of these kind of videos just want to show the police in a bad light so the "fuck the police" crowd can have something to yell about. Honestly I saw the video the guy was clearly resisting arrest, he should have just shut his mouth gone to the station and sort it out there.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making a point for the people who are trying to start a call to arms.
    I am not trying to start up any sort of call to arms , what I am trying to say is that this highlights a big issue with many officers general people skills. Which should be something so incredibly basic in that sort of role.

As you can hear from the video , the by-standers were obviously shocked from what they saw.

This alone should make you think about the general tone of the situation , given that the eyewitnesses obviously didn't like what went down.

Again , I don't think the subject responded well , take into account this was just a man on his way home from work who nodded off and was awoken to the thought that he was going to have to spend a night in the cells for his trouble.

You can't expect anyone to react well to that , especially with the officers usual clientele.
    Last edited by RoryTee; 2014-07-04 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say he wasn't? The video isn't satisfactory for ANY of us to determine what actually happened.
    For a Police Officer you seem to be very quick to assume things without evidence.

Oh he was arrested on a train for sleeping? He must have been sleeping in front of a door.. on a train that seems nearly empty
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    I am not trying to start up any sort of call to arms , what I am trying to say is that this highlights a big issue with many officers general people skills. Which should be something so incredibly basic in that sort of role.

As you can hear from the video , the by-standers were obviously shocked from what they saw.

This alone should make you think about the general tone of the situation , given that the eyewitnesses obviously didn't like what they saw.
    I'll take your word that you aren't but, you might want to change the title of the thread. It really screams click bait. Honestly I don't care what the eyewitnesses like or don't like. I've arrested people in front of projects (low-income apartment complexes that are notorious for drug and gang activity) and like fifty people come running out screaming rape and trying to video tape us. Look what we have to compete with, they can scream as loud as they want the video is still useless.

This video is rather suspect.

I can't stand most police officers. That being said: this video doesn't lend itself to a solid defense for the man being arrested. What happened before the video was started? Why did the officers try to arrest him? Maybe he was sleeping, so what? Maybe he raped 3 women and a child before he boarded the train, and they caught up to him.

I think it's funny everyone thinks they can make a decision on where they stand, based on such little actual evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I've never had a bad experience with the police, like ever. Not even when strolling through protests and demonstrations.

Coincidentally, I've also never done anything that would bring me to the attention of the police...
    Same here. I have had cops give me breaks before. One time, when I was fresh out of the Army, I was late for work one morning after just starting at a new job, so I was driving too fast on the freeway and a state trooper pulled me over for doing 95 in a 65 mph zone. He asked me why I was going so fast and I explained. So he said ; " Well, no job is worth losing your life over. But if I put down 95 they will take your driver's license away for a while, so I will mark it down as 80 and you will only have to pay a fine. "

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    That bold part is important. They are authority figures for a reason. We as a society put them there to govern and protect us. If they misuse that power, we have means to punish them. Physically fighting them is not the right way. You as a person have absolutely no right to pick which laws you can follow. If you are breaking a law, they have the right and authority to arrest you for it.

Your right, the bold parts are important.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Some people really need to shut the fuck up about rights and rather than outright fighting with the law get it over and done with quickly and quietly, if he had done nothing wrong then he would have been released and on his way rather than making a cunt of himself and making a scene that idiots easily misinterpreted as being the polices fault.
    Not saying that the police are all saints but damn are the people they need to deal with are as bad or worse as the worst of them.
    So you are saying don't stand up to injustice? Just allow it to happen? No. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

Section 1050.7:

Disorderly Conduct:

No person in any facility or conveyance shall:

3. sleep or doze where such activity may be hazardous to such person or to others or may interfere with the operation of the Authority's transit system or the comfort of its passengers;
    Not every offence is immediately arrestable. They could've woken him up, said 'if you sleep on the train again your going downtown' like any normal cop would do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Same here. I have had cops give me breaks before. One time, when I was fresh out of the Army, I was late for work one morning after just starting at a new job, so I was driving too fast on the freeway and a state trooper pulled me over for doing 95 in a 65 mph zone. He asked me why I was going so fast and I explained. So he said ; " Well, no job is worth losing your life over. But if I put down 95 they will take your driver's license away for a while, so I will mark it down as 80 and you will only have to pay a fine. "
    That is an example of a bad cop not a good cop , I hope you get arrested for speeding someday.

I hate seeing idiots touching 100 flying down the motorway when you might have children in the car or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TanksBosses View Post
    Not every offence is immediately arrestable. They could've woken him up, said 'if you sleep on the train again your going downtown' like any normal cop would do...
    Agreed, but we don't know if they did or not because the video didn't show the start of the confrontation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    So you are saying don't stand up to injustice? Just allow it to happen? No. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.
    You can express your dislike to the judge. And if you feel like injustice was done, then sue them. Physically resisting arrest is asking to be put into cuffs. And even taken down to the floor or ground to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    just stop bieng stupid and cooperate with the police and you avoid getting pacified, especialy in the country where every retard can own/carry a gun. maybe you just happened to match the description of a suspect or whatever , sure being stoped by the officers is inconvenient but for fuck sake use your brain every now and then... some people...
    Last edited by Bluesftw; 2014-07-04 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    That is an example of a bad cop not a good cop , I hope you get arrested for speeding someday.

I hate seeing idiots touching 100 flying down the motorway when you might have children in the car or something.
    Lol! I was 20 years old and yeah, it was dumb. I do not drive that way now. Been over 30 years since I had a speeding ticket. So I learned my lesson and no, he was not a bad cop. Cops for the most part are good people who understand like themselves, we all struggle at times and make mistakes and sometimes, we deserve a break.

There are somethings i always wonder when i see posts like this , for example why always the cops should be so brutal against people that cant fight back ,although they do stupid things like hitting or resisting and why there are always the bad events that are on the spotlight , i mean there must be good cops out there

Even if we don't know what lead up to this, resisting an arrest is a felony and judging by that performance it wouldn't surprise me if he was aggressive before the cops even touched him.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

As a member of the NYPD i'm not entirely sure if I should comment on this or not.
    How many non-white citizens and dogs have you killed since you joined the force? Do pigs get like a merit badge for every five or so?

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-07-04 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    1. Either this is bad police work in the form of arresting a subject already pre-identified and they should have called for back-up before engaging

Or

2. This is bad police work in the form of calming the suspect down and conducting a peaceful arrest.

The officers seem at danger here, and the suspect rather clueless as to why he is being arrested. So something went wrong. I'm pretty sure he wasn't sleeping on the floor either when they are many free seats available.

Also the police who are going to end up beating you illegally always like to have you follow nicely and cordially, so they can do the dirty work out of sight from others. The whole "always do what the police says"-mentality belongs to a totalitarian state.

With that said, there are two sides (at least) to every story and this is starkly lacking any other side of it. Not a police school example, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    How many non-white citizens and dogs have you killed since you joined the force? Do pigs get like a merit badge for every five or so?
    Only one dog after it took a child's arm off. I didn't get a merit badge but the kid should have.