Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Best spec in beta currently?

    Was wondering since Survival is king right now in Live, whats the best spec in the beta currently. Did anything get nerfed/buffed?
    Heads gonna roll 'mon

  2. #2
    BM is currently King on Live in BiS gear.

    as for what's doing well on Beta atm, i do not know.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    BM is currently King on Live in BiS gear.

    as for what's doing well on Beta atm, i do not know.
    Constructive post.

    @op
    This last patch nerfed kill command, but still looks like BM is the top dps spec. SV is looking good mechanically, with that lnl revert change, though it still looks weak in terms of dmg. MM received almost nothing to help it get better (steady focus could help).

  4. #4
    I second BM, Blizzard is doing everything they can atm to bring down BM and bump up SV though.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  5. #5
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Zul'jin
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Was wondering since Survival is king right now in Live, ...
    lol /10chars

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    398
    Here is my current ranking of each of the specs with varying degrees of gear (D=Dungeon,N=Normal/Pre-Heroic,PvP=PvP):



    MM is currently scaling off the charts with wep dmg, hence the HUGE jump. Could be a bug in simc stuff, who knows.

    Beta, beta, beta, simcnotgosple, ect
    Last edited by Conjor; 2014-09-04 at 03:06 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Here is my current ranking of each of the specs with varying degrees of gear (D=Dungeon,N=Normal/Pre-Heroic,PvP=PvP):



    MM is currently scaling off the charts with wep dmg, hence the HUGE jump. Could be a bug in simc stuff, who knows.

    Beta, beta, beta, simcnotgosple, ect
    What stat priorities were you using for the PVP MM set?


    WHU ~Warcraft Hunters' Union is alive~ Hunter IRC

  8. #8
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Zul'jin
    Posts
    5
    Conjor,
    How is simc handling Sniper Training uptime with MM currently? The actual uptime will def depend on the encounter but i was just curious how Simc handles it atm.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    What stat priorities were you using for the PVP MM set?
    The PvP MM set is copy-pasta from the profiles that are in the simc repo atm, with the exception of a Megawatt Filament as the wep enchant and a custom APL.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    Conjor,
    How is simc handling Sniper Training uptime with MM currently? The actual uptime will def depend on the encounter but i was just curious how Simc handles it atm.
    It is handled as you would expect. Since almost all sims are done with 0 movement, it becomes a static buff. You could do one with movement and it wouldn't be static anymore, but it can handle that case.

    In terms of how close that will be to a real raid encounter, well, that comes down to player skill. There are very few fights that I have raid tested that clearly showed a seriously problem for MM in terms of movement requirements. They even added in a special check for push-back mechanics so that it didn't affect the buff for their duration.

  10. #10
    Conjor,

    What stat weight / gear list did you use for the MM T17_N profile?

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiimdave View Post
    Conjor,

    What stat weight / gear list did you use for the MM T17_N profile?
    Didn't do any specific min/maxing:

    head=rylakstalkers_headguard,id=115545
    neck=spiked_foundry_collar,id=116309,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    shoulders=rylakstalkers_spaulders,id=115547
    back=deadshot_longcloak,id=116304,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    chest=rylakstalkers_tunic,id=115548
    wrists=beastmasters_iron_bracers,id=116038
    hands=rylakstalkers_gloves,id=115549
    waist=bloodsteel_warbelt,id=116047
    legs=rylakstalkers_legguards,id=115546
    feet=ramcarriers_treads,id=116042
    finger1=eye_of_the_gronn,id=116299,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    finger2=solium_band_of_dexterity,id=118292,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    trinket1=blackheart_enforcers_medallion,id=116314
    trinket2=formidable_jar_of_doom,id=114610
    main_hand=crackshot_longrifle,id=116388,enchant=megawatt_filament

  12. #12
    'We're seeing Survival as slightly high on damage (by just a few %).'

    Is this some kind of sick joke?

  13. #13
    How are the PVP sets for SV and BM scaling better than the regular gear?

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Ghraxxus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    unholy hell of Texas
    Posts
    698
    Wait what! BM is not going to be king spec for teir 17... /sarcasm :P Just plz tell me that BiR for MM will not be the gurly Blood Elves

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Conjor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghraxxus View Post
    Wait what! BM is not going to be king spec for teir 17... /sarcasm :P Just plz tell me that BiR for MM will not be the gurly Blood Elves
    In terms of race I would see: BM=Orc, MM=Tauren (at N-H gear levels), SV=Anything

    ... Yes, I said Tauren :/

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral Kissthebaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    In terms of race I would see: BM=Orc, MM=Tauren (at N-H gear levels), SV=Anything

    ... Yes, I said Tauren :/
    It's minor but yea Tauren will get better with gear for sure

    kissthebaby#1726

  17. #17
    High Overlord Nakauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucixo View Post
    'We're seeing Survival as slightly high on damage (by just a few %).'

    Is this some kind of sick joke?
    Maybe not. SV is a DoT class attuned to Multistrike with a 20% damage buff to multistrikes. There could be a significant jump in survival damage once you've got multiple ticks rolling and they're all multistriking once or twice. I haven't done any math on this or looked at how sims are handling SV DoTs, and something something reports on arcane serpent sting mysteries. The Survivalist change is being accounted for, right?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Maybe not. SV is a DoT class attuned to Multistrike with a 20% damage buff to multistrikes. There could be a significant jump in survival damage once you've got multiple ticks rolling and they're all multistriking once or twice. I haven't done any math on this or looked at how sims are handling SV DoTs, and something something reports on arcane serpent sting mysteries. The Survivalist change is being accounted for, right?
    Well that's not showing in tests so


    WHU ~Warcraft Hunters' Union is alive~ Hunter IRC

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Maybe not. SV is a DoT class attuned to Multistrike with a 20% damage buff to multistrikes. There could be a significant jump in survival damage once you've got multiple ticks rolling and they're all multistriking once or twice. I haven't done any math on this or looked at how sims are handling SV DoTs, and something something reports on arcane serpent sting mysteries. The Survivalist change is being accounted for, right?
    That would be possible if there was interaction between our dots and, well, anything. As far as I can tell BA multistrikes don't proc L&L.

  20. #20
    High Overlord Nakauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    132
    There are no interactions between our DoTs, no. We simply have a higher modifier on our multistrike damage. So a higher multistrike for us would yield a higher amount of throughput than it would for others. Of course, that doesn't mean anything if our damage is already lower regardless. I'd be more interested in seeing the chart towards the end tiers of WoD.
    IE, normally 30% multistrike would average 109% damage and 60% multistrike would average 118%. But with Survivalist that multiplier changes from 1.3 and 1.6 to 1.36 and 1.72 so at 30% multistrike the average damage would be 110% and at 60% it'd be 121.6%. Probably pennies and totally irrelevant, but I think it's an interesting dynamic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •