Starting to make HotS Guide videos - looking for feedback.

Hey Guys,

I've been playing HotS since early alpha and have been looking for a way to give back to the community ever since then. Recently my buddy and I hit upon the idea of making hero-guide videos for new players after a particularly rough night of trying to teach some of our friends who had just gotten into the alpha how to play. We've made two videos so far, and are really looking for feedback on how we can make these videos better and easier to understand for new players. Here's what we're trying to do.

• Videos Less than 4 Mins in Length. There are too many 30-minute+ guide videos out there.
    • Guides Aimed at new players to help them get the basics of a Hero
    • Clear, Concise and easy to understand presentation of playstyle / skills

I'd really love to hear your guys feedback on our videos, both what you like and what you don't. The Zagara video is the first one we made a few days ago and then after getting some feedback from reddit and via youtube we've just made the Tychus one.

Last edited by TheBlinks; 2014-07-23 at 02:01 AM.

I like the idea a lot, good info quickly, and you guys did that pretty well. I might like to see the actual build guide closer to the beginning though, since that's probably what a lot of people would be watching for anyways. Good job overall though, I really liked the Zagara video a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on mobile right now so I can't actually watch the video, but the description sounds really good and educational. Based on the above comment (again without having watched the video yet) I would agree that a "TL;DR" talent load out near the start would be good for people who don't care about an explanation about why the talent is good.

Would you like me to add your guide (and credit you) to the guide archive I have going here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    Would you like me to add your guide (and credit you) to the guide archive I have going here?

Yeah that would be great!

Also, thanks for the feedback

I can dig a Heroes of the Storm "Hero Spotlight" kind of thing.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Just did Valla, any requests for who to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlinks View Post
    Uther, but you'll have to do 3 videos for healing Uther, tanky Uther and EXPLODE someone's face Uther.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlinks View Post
    brightwing

or some one can just let me into the alpha

Updated with E.T.C. and Zeratul Guides!

Deleted
    I very like your guides, I would like to see a more general approach to talent though instead of going "this is the build" maybe it will be more viable later in the alpha where they will be more balanced within tiers

Arthas and Nazeebo added!

Updated with Stitches, Nova, Kerrigan, and Gaz

Props for correct Nova and Tassadar guides. Love you long time. <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I will give you feedback once I get to play the game, I just got into alpha, so we will see.

Though another good guide person to check is Force Strategy Gaming on youtube, he has some good HotS 'guides', they are more of watch him play and he will explain his build while he is playing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose